I've been playing around with the idea of buying an AKL resale contract. One reason is because it's good for 15 years longer than most. Most of my friends who have stayed there, love it. It looks like the resort has a lot to offer. 

However, I know it's farther away than most of the hotels. If you've stayed there, how big of a deal is that? Was it something that would prevent you from staying there again?

My brother and his wife are DVC members; this last trip they stayed at the AKL and really enjoyed it.  The found it easy to get to (obviously) the AK and MGM.  Travel time to Epcot and the MK they said was fine.. and they usually only make one trip to DTD, so not a huge factor for them there.  They fly in from Wa state and do not rent a car (only use Disney transportation).

They had a one bedroom condo for their stay and I can tell you that the two of them PLUS my parents were very comfortable.  The room was huge and it had had two full bathrooms so it worked well.

We've stayed at Jambo House many times.  The transportation from AKL to the parks is fine.  They charge big bucks for these deluxe rooms, and you had better believe that the buses travel back and forth more frequently from here than they do to the value and other hotels.  I think the bus service here is better than what the guests in the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian get.  And, the AKL bus stops are very nice and comfortable, if you have a brief wait for the bus to arrive.

TCD

They charge big bucks for these deluxe rooms, and you had better believe that the buses travel back and forth more frequently from here than they do to the value and other hotels. 

TCD

As Lou always said. "Each Resort contracts for the amount of bus service they receive".

We stayed there summer of 2014 for a week and didn't have a rental car. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.

There's no way I would let the distance deter me from buying a DVC there. We never had a problem with Disney transportation.

I think, knowing y'all and Z I wouldn't recommend another DVC. The only other DVC I would recommend is Beach Club Villas. They have an awesome pool and is the best location of any DVC. IMHO.

Third DVC I would recommend is boardwalk. Again for the location. And pool.

We stayed there summer of 2014 for a week and didn't have a rental car. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.

There's no way I would let the distance deter me from buying a DVC there. We never had a problem with Disney transportation.

I think, knowing y'all and Z I wouldn't recommend another DVC. The only other DVC I would recommend is Beach Club Villas. They have an awesome pool and is the best location of any DVC. IMHO.

Third DVC I would recommend is boardwalk. Again for the location. And pool.

Those locations and the WL appeal to me. The thing is if you buy at AKL, you get 12 more years. 

We stayed there spring break 2013. It was a very nice place. The distance was not a problem. By truck just figure 20 minute drive every where on property and your covered. My problem with it is I just don't feel like I am at Disney. It's themed so well I feel more like I am in Africa. Which doesn't thrill me. My other problem is there is no big body of water to look at or ride a boat on. Also the landscape is very brown and dead looking. To me and my wife it just doesn't give you that happy-go-lucky Disney feel. Now my sister and her family love it. Now it is a nice resort for rainy days because most everything is indoors. We would stay there again but we always go for SSR first.

Sorry brother.  Am I the black sheep of the family?

Yes you are. But just double up the work dealing with your issues and keep us abreast of your progress.

And stop telling us those titillating jokes. Don't be a boob. And get out of Washington and quit living off of the government teat. It's an udder disgrace to our family when bust out these bad jokes. But just remember we will always be bosom buddies.

By the way did you gets those melons I sent you? They were in the same package as the milk jugs I sent you.

Yes you are. But just double up the work dealing with your issues and keep us abreast of your progress.

And stop telling us those titillating jokes. Don't be a boob. And get out of Washington and quit living off of the government teat. It's an udder disgrace to our family when bust out these bad jokes. But just remember we will always be bosom buddies.

By the way did you gets those melons I sent you? They were in the same package as the milk jugs I sent you.

OMG!! Ha haha

Can you imagine our poor parents if we were real siblings?

Clearly Kelly is the sane one of the Ray, Dave and Kelly siblings.

Were you able to type that statement with a straight face??????????

We stayed at Kidani Village and it was great, really liked it loved watching the animals from our balcony in the morning, plus the handlers would tell us about the animals while they were putting food out. Yes farther then most resorts but I like to drive and not use the bus, for the added years I would say buy at Animal Kingdom.

The kids program is also great there. DD normally does not want to go to any kids club but one day out by the pool two of the CM were there doing chalk drawings with the kids from the program and invited all the kids to participate. After we were heading to our room to change and the two CM saw Gracie as they were going into the Kids Club and asked if they see her later. She asked if she could go for a couple of hours. She went later that evening and had a blast. DW and I sat at the lobby bar and enjoyed some quit adult time.

The kids program is also great there. DD normally does not want to go to any kids club but one day out by the pool two of the CM were there doing chalk drawings with the kids from the program and invited all the kids to participate. After we were heading to our room to change and the two CM saw Gracie as they were going into the Kids Club and asked if they see her later. She asked if she could go for a couple of hours. She went later that evening and had a blast. DW and I sat at the lobby bar and enjoyed some quit adult time.

Nice!!!

That's awful.  I am leaving this thread.  

Ta ta for now.