Just saw on Facebook rumor about the Fort

In the realm of "hey, maybe this is where the rumor comes from" I did find this...

Disney Vacation Club's target date for opening of the new Wilderness Lodge villas is 2017

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts-48755/other-proposed-resorts-89555/2684-the-next-decade-of-dvc

Maybe someone is (wrongly) assuming that once the WL DVC is complete, the next logical DVC location will be the Fort.

But even the plans that were already officially filed for that (and have since expired) didn't include closing the campground.

Posted on I Love Camping at Fort Wilderness page. Supposedly, it's a top secret project with phasing out the campground beginning 2017. I don't even want to put into writing what the smart business plan would be...the Fort is our favorite campground and I can't even imagine Disney removing it.

Found the post on FB and it does relate to the rumored Fort DVC.  Seems that rumor circled back around for some people and they're playing telephone with it.

The plans that were actually filed that I think this new chatter is coming from were to build on the old River Country site and did not include getting rid of the campground.

People are just running with the bits and pieces floating around out there.  I wouldn't put any stock in it.

Posted on I Love Camping at Fort Wilderness page. Supposedly, it's a top secret project with phasing out the campground beginning 2017. I don't even want to put into writing what the smart business plan would be...the Fort is our favorite campground and I can't even imagine Disney removing it.

Posted on I Love Camping at Fort Wilderness page................the hotbed of accurate and recent information :P

Half of the time, they come here to get the info.  Oy.  Most of the time, they pick fights with each other, spit, call each other names and beg the moderator to kick someone out.  I hear the opening credits of "Days of Our Lives" every time I hear that page mentioned.

Posted on I Love Camping at Fort Wilderness page................the hotbed of accurate and recent information :P

Half of the time, they come here to get the info.  Oy.  Most of the time, they pick fights with each other, spit, call each other names and beg the moderator to kick someone out.  I hear the opening credits of "Days of Our Lives" every time I hear that page mentioned.

It's cheap entertainment.

It's cheap entertainment.

:rofl2:

I just love the certainty with with some people post this information - like they have a direct line to the Disney Board of Directors... not that they saw it posted on a random message board by some guy with the screen name ObsessedWithDisney497 who saw it posted on Facebook.  8)

I just love the certainty with with some people post this information - like they have a direct line to the Disney Board of Directors... not that they saw it posted on a random message board by some guy with the screen name ObsessedWithDisney497 who saw it posted on Facebook.  B)

One of these I hope to see one of the stories I post on my cinnamon roll thread get picked up on FB.  :D  

I just love the certainty with with some people post this information - like they have a direct line to the Disney Board of Directors... not that they saw it posted on a random message board by some guy with the screen name ObsessedWithDisney497 who saw it posted on Facebook.  B)

I am a member of the FB group.  I reply to questions that I know the answer(or at least I think I do), and if not, I try to steer them over here.

The one thing I cannot do unfortunately is recommend Jason.  I'm pretty sure the page was created by a TA and they get very defensive if you mention another TA. I did that once and they jumped right in with a remark or two.

I figure once I get them steered over here, they will see the glowing praises heaped upon him by Happy Campers and will decide to contact him.

BTW I'm all for a good rumor, just call it that and don't declare it gospel until you've got some kind of official confirmation.

In true internet fashion, the person on the FB page that swore it was a supersecret plan and absolutely true, never came back to cite the source of the information.

And the rumor mill keeps on a turnin'...  8)

The page wasn't started by a TA but it's been hijacked by various TAs during it's existence, which usually gets ugly very quickly and the trolls come out in force. 

It was all the drama and nonsense over that stuff that made me finally bail.

I have several pages I skim over everyday and your right, that page does have a lot of drama. I don't think I'll ever understand why some people just want to stir up trouble.

If the fort closes I will cry. And throw a fit. And sell my pop up. And never camp or go to disney again. And cry some more. And write a strongly worded letter. I can't even handle the thought.

The Fort is not going anywhere.  It is written into the Disney By-Laws, ever since Walt landed his seaplane on Bay Lake and set about mowing the grass around the Settlement to have a place to camp.  He leaned the mower against a fast growing tree and decided at that moment that the land he had just mowed should be made into a campground in perpetuity.  That very next day, he and Roy celebrated by diving into the nearby swimmin hole.  Unfortunately, Walt contracted a brain eating amoeba that day.  Doctors tried freezing his brain to halt the spread of the amoeba but it was to no avail.  Lucky for us, Roy carried out Walt's plans, and to this day we have the Fort to enjoy. 

The Fort is not going anywhere. It is written into the Disney By-Laws, ever since Walt landed his seaplane on Bay Lake and set about mowing the grass around the Settlement to have a place to camp. He leaned the mower against a fast growing tree and decided at that moment that the land he had just mowed should be made into a campground in perpetuity. That very next day, he and Roy celebrated by diving into the nearby swimmin hole. Unfortunately, Walt contracted a brain eating amoeba that day. Doctors tried freezing his brain to halt the spread of the amoeba but it was to no avail. Lucky for us, Roy carried out Walt's plans, and to this day we have the Fort to enjoy.

This made it worse