Worlds of Fun Kansas City, MO

Boomerang

ijmdVUe.jpg

Steve, Rachel, Drew and Jessica are in the 4th car back.  I don't remember why I wasn't riding this time.  The park was pretty empty the day we went so, we ended up riding the rides multiple times.  It was well over 100 degrees that day so rather than spend the time in the amusement park everyone was over at Oceans of Fun.  Worked out great for us.

iCbPuAX.jpg

Our absolute favorite.

y6FzI9p.jpg

https://www.worldsoffun.com/rides/Thrill-Rides/Mamba

rating-aggressive.gif

At a Glance
Location: Africa Duration: 3 min Height Requirement: 48 inches Manufacturer: D.H. Morgan, La Selva Beach, California Speed: 75 m.p.h.
  • One of the tallest, longest, and fastest roller coasters in the world
  • Three 36-passenger trains cover 5,600 feet of track
  • Traditional out-and-back coaster with nine drops and a stunning view of the park and Kansas City
  • Debuted in 1998 

nBVDTHN.jpg

Worlds of Fun Kansas City, MO

Boomerang

One of several Midwest parks that I have not gotten to.  Last year I had it on the "maybe" list while traveling out west, but I just ran out of time and had to keep moving through the Kansas City with no time to stop.

I am one of the few enthusiasts that actually like boomerangs, they are fun rides, you just have to ride defensively, and some parks have converted to just lapbars, which makes for a fantastic ride.  Sure, they are a dime a dozen, but a great addition to mid-sized parks.

Here is the first US installation at Morey's Pier is Wildwood, NJ:

IMGP3756-XL.jpg

DSCN4062-XL.jpg

DSCN4070-XL.jpg

Yes, there great places to have fun besides Disney.  Post pictures you have taken of them here.

I'll start with one of my favorite places, the Flying Turns at Knoebels:

I've been to Knoebels twice since they opened this coaster and haven't been able to bring myself to wait in the line for it. Looks like loads of fun, though!

I've been to Knoebels twice since they opened this coaster and haven't been able to bring myself to wait in the line for it. Looks like loads of fun, though!

Try this year, after they open the new coaster they are building now I bet it will help shorten the line for Flying Turns. I still say we need to plans a Grand Gathering there some time.

OK, going to go a bit further afield, this time to Iowa.  Adventureland is a cool little park near Des Moines.  I took a detour and stopped for a visit while traveling to Wyoming last June.  I have been wanting to visit this park for some time so I could ride their funky looping coaster, the Dragon.  I am a sucker for the strange, and sometime painful.  It wasn't too bad, but what a great park.  It was not at all crowded, and had some great rides.  I even took in the circus.

They also happen to have a campground next to the park.  There were a lot of retirees in the campground, they work part time at the park and can stay in the campground.  The circus performers were even camped there, practicing their acts after the park closed.

DSC_2256-XL.jpg

Not as grand as Main Street USA, but nice none the less.  You even enter the park under the railroad station:

DSC_2250-XL.jpg

DSC_2304-XL.jpg

DSC_2355-XL.jpg

DSC_2386-XL.jpg

DSC_2553-XL.jpg

DSC_2584-XL.jpg

DSC_2284-XL.jpg

The campground was a short walk away from the park entrance, though they had a shuttle too.

DSC_2608-XL.jpg

Those pictures look great, we had plans to hit that park this year but our trip route changed to a southern one now so instead we might get to meet up with some Fiends instead. A good trade off in my book, maybe next time.

• 4 weeks later...

Without question the best wooden coaster I've ever ridden (maybe even the best coaster wooden or steel) is The Beast at Kings Island in Ohio

the%20beast.jpg

64 mph, 141 foot drop, 4:10 ride duration.....simply an awesome ride! 

Heres a link to the ride video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dC6uJDNf64

I've been talking for a while now of wanting to take a trip out to Cedar Point to hit a bunch of the crazy coasters.  We might have to take a side trip!  :)

They have a campground there beside the park as well. It's almost as expensive as the Fort

Sent from my iPhone

Mo, not cheap at all but very nice and like the Fort worth it to be close to the park. We go in early, back for lunch maybe set the crock pot up for dinner hit the park again or even the water park back for dinner then close the park trying to pick and end with our favorite coaster.

Mo, not cheap at all but very nice and like the Fort worth it to be close to the park. We go in early, back for lunch maybe set the crock pot up for dinner hit the park again or even the water park back for dinner then close the park trying to pick and end with our favorite coaster.

Good to know!  We're still figuring out how much time we'll have at the Fort this fall and if it ends up on the shorter end, I'm seriously considering throwing another decent trip in this summer a little closer to home.  This could definitely fit the bill!

• 4 months later...