Food Network Special on the Disney Dream - DCL

From Chip & Co...

Food Network will take you on a magical behind-the-scenes look at the Disney Cruise Line in a one-hour primetime special on-board the Disney Dream. It will air Friday, March 27th at 8pm ET/PT.

There will be some of your favorite Food Network personalities like, Melissa d’Arabian (Guy’s Grocery Games), Amanda Freitag (Chopped), Katie Lee (The Kitchen) and Jeff Mauro (The Kitchen) have exclusive access and explore the inner workings on-board the Disney Dream cruise ship during the sun, fun and food-filled vacation experience with their family and friends.

Plus, join Melissa, Amanda, Katie and Jeff as they get a behind-the-scenes tour of the ship’s galleys where talented chefs from the Disney Dream prepare culinary delights for thousands of people every day.

http://www.chipandco.com/food-network-air-special-onboard-disney-dream-208509/

• 3 weeks later...

A reminder that this airs tonight, and a new post on it from the Disney Parks Blog...

Back in January, I had the unique experience of cooking with the hosts of Food Network’s “The Kitchen.” If you saw the episode, you may remember their excitement when I invited them to sail with me on a Disney cruise. Not only did Jeff Mauro and Katie Lee take me up on that offer, they brought two other Food Network stars – Amanda Freitag (“Chopped”) and Melissa d’Arabian (“Guy’s Grocery Games”) – along with their families and friends for three nights of fun, sun, and delicious food.

THDD7964911THUMB.jpg THDD7964912THUMB.jpg

Tonight, Food Network is showing a one-hour special featuring this crew’s Disney Dream cruise. Onboard we took them behind the scenes to see the inner workings of the ship’s galleys, slightly larger than the kitchens where they are used to cooking! Now, you can get a glimpse at their backstage experience and learn more about the culinary masterpieces our talented chefs prepare every day.

Here’s a sneak peek at what you can expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnJQ0yUvyo8

Check it out tonight at 8 p.m. ET. Be on the lookout for some familiar faces, including Cruise Director Christiaan, Remy Executive Chef Patrick and a few Disney pals!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/behind-the-scenes-food-network-hosts-cruising-on-the-disney-dream/

Wow, what a dissapointment.  I should have kown it was just going to be an imfomercial.  I thought they were going to show the behind the scenes workings of the kitchen.  While they did show some behind the scenes areas they did not show them in real use.  I wanted to see how they cooked those 15,000 eggs a day.  They did have the head chefs walk through some of the dishes but there is no way that is how they really prepair the food.  They made it look like the stars were the only people on the boat. Kind of like how they depict the campfire sing a long as small intamate gathering around a ground campfire with Chip N Dale and the singer sitting on the logs with you.  I can't believe they have what looks like hundreds of chairs on the beach and only 5 or 6 stars are using them. Still it was fun to watch.  Thankfully I was watching on the DVR so I could FF through some of the fluff.

I agree I would have liked to see the kitchen in action during  a real service.

They made it look like the stars were the only people on the boat.

I wondered if it was a Food Network only cruise - the particular stars and their families and maybe other Food Network staff?  It was only 3 days and really was a giant commercial for DCL so I can see where it would have been worth it for DCL to have it be a private cruise, and certainly easier for filming if there weren't any "civilians" hanging around.