I am not on the fence about the midnight showing. I will be there (unless I somehow score a way to see it earlier).

I also liked Big Hero 6.

TCD

I have seen every Star Wars movie on opening day with the exception of episode 2. I was deployed at the time and wasn't able to see it opening day. I was deployed for episode 1s release date as well, but Lucas built us a nice state of the art theater at our base in Saudi Arabia so he could release the movie over there for the troops. So I skimmed by on that one.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen every Star Wars movie on opening day with the exception of episode 2. I was deployed at the time and wasn't able to see it opening day. I was deployed for episode 1s release date as well,

Apparently, there are some bird-like creatures called porgs in the new movie. The TCD twins, as always, got ahead of this, and here are the TCD gang's MNSSHP costumes this year:

2.5 hrs of sitting in a recliner eating heavily butter flavored popcorn.....how can that be bad... it's better than being at work by a long shot

Looks like we're not the only ones the new trailer had an impact on...

...Disney’s stock action Thursday, which saw $2 billion in value added to Disney’s shares just after the new trailer made its debut.

Disney closed up 1.1% at $108.1 on Thursday. Shares had been trading around $107 before news of the trailer hit and were ticking a few cents higher in after-hours trade.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-disneys-stock-after-the-new-star-wars-trailer-made-its-debut-2015-04-16

I have seen every Star Wars movie on opening day with the exception of episode 2. I was deployed at the time and wasn't able to see it opening day. I was deployed for episode 1s release date as well, but Lucas built us a nice state of the art theater at our base in Saudi Arabia so he could release the movie over there for the troops. So I skimmed by on that one.

Very cool.

This would be a good place for me to acknowledge that you are responsible for the TCD twins becoming Star Wars fans.  You were the one who encouraged me to have them watch Hyperspace Hoopla at one of the Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios.  At the time, they had not seen any of the movies (and I had only seen a couple).  We loved Hyperspace Hoopla, and saw it every chance we could after that (until last year, that is :( )

Fast forward to today, and they have seen all of the movies several times.  One of them texted me a link to the new trailer yesterday, before the link was posted here.  They're geeked for the new movie.

TCD

Very cool.

This would be a good place for me to acknowledge that you are responsible for the TCD twins becoming Star Wars fans. You were the one who encouraged me to have them watch Hyperspace Hoopla at one of the Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios. At the time, they had not seen any of the movies (and I had only seen a couple). We loved Hyperspace Hoopla, and saw it every chance we could after that (until last year, that is :( )

Fast forward to today, and they have seen all of the movies several times. One of them texted me a link to the new trailer yesterday, before the link was posted here. They're geeked for the new movie.

TCD

Glad I could help.

I miss the hoopla. I hope this year they have something that can replace it, now that Disney owns the franchise.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

From InsideTheMagic...

VIDEO: New Star Wars: The Force Awakens TV Spot gives us the first glimpse of the First Order
Posted on August 10, 2015

by Corinne Andersson

Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens1-700x300.jpg

A new Star Wars: The Force Awakens TV spot has been released this time from South Korea and luckily in it we get a small peek at some new footage. It may only be a couple of seconds but the new footage does give us our first glimpse of the First Order, the Episode VII‘s Empire equivalent. For more information visit slashfilm.com

Star Wars: The Force Awakens arrives in theaters on December 18, 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-VTdsCKLgg

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/08/video-new-star-wars-the-force-awakens-tv-spot-gives-us-the-first-glimpse-of-the-first-order/

From Entertainment Weekly, it sounds like there will be no new trailer coming at D23 as previously reported...

No new trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens at Disney's D23 fan convention

by Anthony Breznican@Breznican

Posted August 11 2015 — 3:31 PM EDT

It’s okay, R2. The new trailer will be here soon. Soon.

But if you’re waiting for a new Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer at Disney’s D23 fan convention this weekend … sorry, you are going to have to keep waiting.

The movie, which opens Dec. 18, will be part of Saturday’s presentation of live-action films, but it will not feature new clips, Entertainment Weekly has learned from a reliable source. In July, we told you that the Lucasfilm Comic-Con panel also wouldn’t have a trailer, and it didn’t, but it featured a behind-the-scenes video that was almost as tantalizing.

This time, whatever revelations may be in store at the Anaheim fan gathering will not involve seeing sections of the movie. For doubters, I may as well reveal that “reliable source”…

“It is true, we are showing no footage, behind the scenes or otherwise,” director J.J. Abrams tells EW. “In the fall, there’ll be a trailer.”

He knows fans are eager for another look at the film and promises to bring something compelling to the Disney conventioneers. “We’re thrilled to go to D23 and meet the fans, but it’s a tricky thing to try and rush [footage] for a convention or preexisting event that would, of course, be fun to show something at,” he said. 

While we had Abrams, we asked for a status update on the movie. “I’m still editing and we’re working on refining the cut, but it’s incredibly fun to see the movie come together,” Abrams said. “You realize certain things that you don’t need, certain things you can pull out.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/11/star-wars-force-awakens-trailer-disney-d23

Inescapable! STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS to launch massive cobranded cross-promotion

Posted By Joey Inigo on Aug 13, 2015

i-cRjNNwJ-2199x921.jpg

Lucasfilm announced today that they are collaborating with several corporate sponsors for a massive multi-pronged consumer assault to promote the upcoming STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS.

In the coming weeks and months you can expect to see product launches and integration of the Lucasfilm IP within brands such as COVERGIRL® & Max Factor, Duracell, FCA US, General Mills, HP, Subway® and Verizon. Our pocket books are quivering and ready!

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS opens in theaters December 18, 2015.

Full announcement below.

LUCASFILM TEAMS UP WITH SEVEN MAJOR GLOBAL BRANDS TO LAUNCH EXPANSIVE PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN IN SUPPORT OF “STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS” 

COVERGIRL® & MAX FACTOR, DURACELL, FCA US, GENERAL MILLS, HP, SUBWAY® AND VERIZON JOIN THE UNPRECEDENTED INITIATIVE

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF. (August 13, 2015)—Lucasfilm announced today that they are collaborating with seven of the world’s most well-known brands— COVERGIRL® & Max Factor, Duracell, FCA US, General Mills, HP, Subway® and Verizon—for the launch of an expansive, historic promotional campaign in support of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” opening on December 18.

For the highly anticipated next episode in the “Star Wars” franchise, each company has developed break-through, custom creative campaigns, and innovative programs and activations for their target audiences.

“We are thrilled to be working with such a stellar roster of promotional partners.  The ‘Star Wars’ brand has endured over the years, across generational audiences because it connects with people in a very special way,” said Lynwen Brennan, General Manager of Lucasfilm. “Our partners have all delivered original, stand-out campaigns that capture the familiar fun and excitement of our galaxy far, far away that we hope will delight fans as they get ready to experience ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens.’

The seven best-in-class global partners were chosen for their creative excellence within their fields as well as their collective diverse global reach. All of the partnerships strategically complement the tempo and tone of the film’s overall marketing campaign.

COVERGIRL & MAX FACTOR

Easy, breezy, beautiful from the start, COVERGIRL now holds an iconic position in the world of beauty and pop culture: the brand that has been empowering women to rock their beautiful for more than 50 years. Throughout its history – and still today – COVERGIRL has been known as a cosmetics category leader and innovator, with first-to-market technologies, famous faces, and on-trend marketing campaigns. Whether how to get the look, or how to get behind-the-scenes access to the hottest celebrity event, COVERGIRL has got it covered. Recently, the brand committed $5MM over five years to enable women and girls to break boundaries at school, at work, and in entrepreneurial endeavors via its #GirlsCan initiative. Visit www.covergirl.com or find @COVERGIRL in social media for more information.

Max Factor is the make-up of make-up artists.  The story begins from the founding days of Mr. Max Factor, a true make-up artistry icon and pioneer, who created a world full of glamour. The make-up products and techniques he created for the movie industry and his Hollywood clients, Marilyn Monroe being just one of his many famous clients, earned him an Academy Award, but his guiding philosophy was that any woman could be glamourous given the right tools and make-up artistry skills. From mascara to foundation, eye shadow to lip gloss – Max Factor put the transformative tools for make-up artistry into the hands of every woman, enabling her to create her own personal glamour statement every day. Today, the Max Factor brand continues to empower women to look and feel glamorous via its talented Network of Make-up Artists, headed by the make-up visionary Pat McGrath (Max Factor and COVERGIRL Global Creative Design Director), sophisticated diagnostic tools and artistry, and an ever expanding range of tools and tips. Visit www.maxfactor.com or find @MaxFactor in social media for more information.

DURACELL

Duracell is the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of high performance alkaline batteries.  As the leader in the personal power category, Duracell has a rich history of innovation continuously introducing batteries that are more compact, more powerful and longer lasting than competitor brands.  Since 1973, the Duracell Bunny has been at the heart of the brand demonstrating Duracell’s longer lasting power.  Today Bunny is one of the most recognised brand icons in the world.  Duracell batteries power many devices across the globe, including toys such as the Hasbro Lightsaber. In addition to its alkaline batteries, the company sells primary lithium, zinc air, and rechargeable nickel-metal hydride batteries as well as a line of flashlights.

FCA US

FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.

FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FCAU” and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol “FCA.”

GENERAL MILLS

General Mills is one of the world’s leading food companies, operating in more than 100 countries around the world. Its brands include Cheerios, Fiber One, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Wanchai Ferry, Yoki and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., USA, General Mills had fiscal 2015 worldwide sales of US $18.8 billion.

HP

HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.

SUBWAY®

Customers in 110 countries have easy access to a fresh line-up of vegetables for their made-to-order sandwiches and salads at any of the more than 44,000 franchised locations. The company, founded 50-years-ago by then-17-year-old Fred DeLuca and family-friend Dr. Peter Buck, is still a family-owned business with thousands of dedicated franchisees/entrepreneurs in neighborhoods around the world, providing easy access to vegetables, detailed nutrition, dietary, and healthy lifestyle information. This has been a priority for the SUBWAY® chain for many years. To learn more information about us, visit www.subway.com, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/subway and follow us on https://twitter.com/subway. SUBWAY® is a registered trademark of Doctor’s Associates Inc.

VERIZON

Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York, is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world. Verizon operates America’s largest, most reliable 4G LTE wireless network with 109.5 million retail connections nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America’s most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide. A Fortune 15 company with more than $127 billion in 2014 revenues, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of 178,500. For more information, visit www.verizon.com/news/.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/new/2015/08/inescapable-star-wars-the-force-awakens-to-launch-massive-cobranded-cross-promotion/

They were not kidding about the merchandising!!

Create Looks from a Galaxy Far, Far Away with the CoverGirl Star Wars Collection

Posted 17 hours ago

To say were excited for Star Wars: The Force Awakens would be a huge understatement. And now, our excitement levels are through the roof thanks to the new CoverGirl Star Wars collection. The limited-edition collection of lipsticks, nail polishes, and mascaras feature out-of-this-world colors and references to the characters that we love. You pick up your favorites on September 4, but for now, take a look at some of our favorites and see the full collection on Allure right now!

covergirl-star-wars-limited-edition-lips

CoverGirl Star Wars Limited Edition Lipsticks 1 of 6
covergirl-star-wars-limited-edition-lips

And if you need more Star Wars makeup inspiration, take a look at these C-3PO and Stormtrooper looks created by legendary makeup artist Pat McGrath!

http://blogs.disney.com/disney-style/news/2015/08/13/create-looks-from-a-galaxy-far-far-away-with-the-covergirl-star-wars-collection/?cmp=SMC|none|natural|blgstyle|StyleAugust|TWT|covergirlstarwars-DisneyStyle|InHouse|2015-08-13||repost||esocialmedia#covergirl-star-wars-limited-edition-lipsticks

Rachel has already asked if she can get the mascara. It is the only makeup she is currently allowed to wear. I told her to add it to her birthday list.

Video of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens presentation from yesterday's D23 Expo, featuring J.J. Abrams, Harrison Ford and more of the cast...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdLYYrGAHks

The crowd goes crazy when they zoom out on the poster and show Harrison Ford, goes completely bonkers when they're told they're getting free posters, and completely loses their mind when Harrison Ford comes out.

Follow the link for photos...

PHOTOS: “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” Toy Lines Leak
The original plan was to release the new line of Hasbro toys from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” on “Force Friday”, which is September 4th at 12:01 am. Fortunately for us, the “Force Friday” catalog was leaked online and we have all of the images from the catalog available to view.

WARNING: some minor spoilers for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/08/photos-star-wars-the-force-awakens-toy-lines-leak/

Disney and Lucasfilm to monopolize IMAX screens for a month for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
By Adam Poltrack  

August 26, 2015

Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-teaser-6.jpg

Size matters not a lot.

J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens doesn’t deal in small potatoes, or anything small for that matter — least of all screens. Disney and Lucasfilm have reportedly co-opted the majority of the world’s IMAX large-format screens for the first month of the movie’s run in theaters.

You read that right: The first full month. One movie, four weeks, 375-400 domestic screens, 400+ foreign screens — the force is strong with this one.

The takeover will begin December 18, 2015, as the next chapter of the Star Wars saga looks to take its place among the highest-grossing films in galactic history. There’s no exact screen count yet, since IMAX will put the finishing touches on a few theaters before then, but the final tally isn’t all that important. Rest assured, Abrams & Co. will have their targeting computers set on another number: $44.2 million. That was the gross total that Jurassic World posted during its IMAX opening-weekend and it’s the record-holder by a wide margin.

IMAX Entertainment CEO Greg Foster remains tight-lipped on the specifics, but sounded bullish on the film. He told THR, “Star Wars: Episode VII is the ultimate crossover movie — it crosses over to everyone.”

Surprisingly, the deal Foster just inked is not totally unheard of for IMAX. The company made a similar commitment to The Hobbit in advance of its December 2012 release, but expectations are higher this time around. 

While many movie fans will be excited at the prospect of watching (and perhaps re-watching) The Force Awakens in IMAX, this does leave some big-ticket movies out in the cold and without the extra revenue that premium-priced IMAX tickets can generate. Most notably Warner Bros. In the Heart of the Sea and Alejandro González Iñárritu’s The Revenant. The former hits theaters on December 11, 2015, and the latter is set for a January release.

Tough luck for those films. Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens looks primed to swallow up everything in its path.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/star-wars-the-force-awakens/

My only issue is this....I'll be boarding the Disney Magic on 12/18 in Miami.  The day the movie is released.  Does anyone know the best theater near the Port of Miami to see this at midnight without being mugged afterward?  

Life is funny.

Who knew back in April that my oldest DD would be living in Miami now?

Well, she is.

And it's not as bad as I thought.

Maybe I'll meet up with DIT in December to see the Force Awakens?

I sure hope that this movie is good. 

TCD

If paying $50 to shop blows your mind, sit down and strap in for this one...

27 Aug
“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” Toys To Be Unveiled During 18 Hour Global YouTube Stream
xssaxaas.jpg?resize=380%2C129

The Force Awakens Around the World: Star Wars Fans Invited to Join Epic Global Event on YouTube

Toy unboxing phenomenon goes live globally for the first time ahead of ‘Force Friday’

Online event featuring talent from the Maker Studios network gives fans first look at film-inspired toys ahead of midnight madness at retail

Star-Wars-8.25-V2a-JPEG.jpg?resize=600%2

Star Wars: The Force Awakens products are set to be unveiled in the world’s first-ever global live toy unboxing event. Unfolding over 18 hours in 15 cities and 12 countries, the event will see highlights from the range of epic merchandise revealed in a rolling New Year’s Eve style celebration featuring top digital stars from the Maker Studios network.

Star Wars toys have always played an important role in how our fans interact with the Saga,” says Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy. “They’ve inspired multiple generations to relive the experience of the movies and to create new adventures all their own. These spectacular Star Wars: The Force Awakens products will continue that tradition.”

Kicking off in Sydney, Australia on the morning of September 3, and continuing through Asia,  Europe, Canada, and North & South America, selections from the new toy line will debut to global fanfare leading up to retailers around the globe opening their doors at midnight.

“Over the course of 18 hours, some of Maker Studios’ biggest stars will each be unboxing a new toy from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens product line in a different city around the world and sharing the experience live on YouTube.” said Leslie Ferraro, President, Disney Consumer Products. “We’ve seen tremendous excitement for these new products and can’t wait to see the global reaction from the Star Wars fan community.”

The Star Wars YouTube channel will host the live stream, which kicks off with the first unboxing in Sydney, Australia at 7:45 a.m. local time on Thursday, Sept. 3 (5:45 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, Sept. 2), with the grand finale at Lucasfilm in San Francisco at 8 a.m. PDT  (11 a.m. EDT) on Thursday, Sept. 3. Each of the 15 locations will reveal a new product inspired by Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

These “unboxing” videos will feature online personalities sharing the excitement of opening the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys. Unboxing videos overall have captivated millions of Internet viewers and continue to grow in popularity. Eighteen of the top 100 most viewed YouTube Channels worldwide are dedicated to toys and toy unboxings. These 18 channels accounted for 8.1 billion views in Q1 2015.

“We’re excited to be part of this first-of-its-kind initiative,” said Chris M. Williams, Chief Audience Officer, Maker Studios. “The unboxing world continues to expand rapidly as audiences around the world connect with digital creators who share their passions. This shared fandom helps attract billions of monthly views and consistently puts the genre at the top of the YouTube charts.”

The global unboxing event will incorporate traditional toy unboxers such as the popular EvanTubeHD, channels featuring families such as Bratayley, lifehack specialists such as ExpCaseros, gamers such as AlexBy11 and Star Wars fans from around the world, including Chris Pirillo, bringing with them a broad audience and appeal. The global line-up includes:

COUNTRY CITY MAKER TALENT LOCAL TIME 9/3 EDT Australia Sydney Bratayley 07:45 17:45 9/2 Japan Tokyo Einshine 11:00 22:00 9/2 Korea Seoul Dollastic 12:00 23:00 9/2 Hong Kong Hong Kong Dante Basco 12:00 00:00 9/3 France Paris AyPierre 09:00 03:00 9/3 Spain Madrid AlexBy11 11:00 05:00 9/3 Germany Berlin Reyst 12:00 06:00 9/3 England London GamingBeaver 11:30 06:30 9/3 Brazil Rio de Janeiro Malena010102 08:30 07:30 9/3 USA New York EvanTubeHD 08:30 08:30 9/3 Canada Toronto Quill18 09:00 09:00 9/3 USA Chicago HobbyKidsTV 08:30 09:30 9/3 Mexico Mexico City ExpCaseros 09:30 10:30 9/3 USA San Francisco Chris Pirillo 08:00 11:00 9/3

The full schedule also is available at www.StarWars.com.

Several countries will join the live stream from YouTube Spaces (Berlin, Tokyo, London), with Star Wars commentators Anthony Carboni and Andi Gutierrez hosting the event from the YouTube Space, Los Angeles.

Fans can tune in to watch live unboxings at home or on mobile devices, and also enjoy the latest trailers on the upcoming movie, commentary from special guests, fun product videos and demos, and footage from recent Star Wars events.

The global celebration culminates at midnight local time, when many retailers around the world will open their doors to fans to purchase Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys, collectibles, books, apparel and more. Visit starwars.com for more details on participating locations. Additionally, select Disney Store locations around the world will take part.  More details are available at www.DisneyStore.com/ForceFriday.

Fans are encouraged to document their experiences around the event on social media using the hashtag #ForceFriday.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/08/star-wars-the-force-awakens-toys-to-be-unveiled-during-18-hour-global-youtube-stream/

If paying $50 to shop blows your mind, sit down and strap in for this one...

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/08/star-wars-the-force-awakens-toys-to-be-unveiled-during-18-hour-global-youtube-stream/

I usually end up being wrong about saying something like this, but I'm going to say it anyway:

I think they are hyping this movie too much too soon.  It's not even coming out for 3 more months.  And, they apparently expect people to go nuts and buy up all of this new merchandise in the first week of September?  I think someone is way overestimating how much demand there is for this stuff.

We'll soon see if I'm wrong about that.

TCD