10 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Apparently, there are some bird-like creatures called porgs in the new movie.

The TCD twins, as always, got ahead of this, and here are the TCD gang's MNSSHP costumes this year:

porgs_zpsfzi6flfi.jpg

luke%20last%20jedi_zpsod5gpwyn.jpg

And, no, that's not Noah and two penguins, you uncultured swine.

TCD

I'm with MO. My first thought was "why are the girls with the hightech new star wars costumes hanging out with gandolf?" Lol 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen every Star Wars movie on opening day with the exception of episode 2. I was deployed at the time and wasn't able to see it opening day. I was deployed for episode 1s release date as well,

Apparently, there are some bird-like creatures called porgs in the new movie. The TCD twins, as always, got ahead of this, and here are the TCD gang's MNSSHP costumes this year:

2.5 hrs of sitting in a recliner eating heavily butter flavored popcorn.....how can that be bad... it's better than being at work by a long shot

10 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The TCD twins, as always, got ahead of this, and here are the TCD gang's MNSSHP costumes this year:

porgs_zpsfzi6flfi.jpg

TCD

This is beyond cool. You're a great dad, Andrew.

21 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

porgs_zpsfzi6flfi.jpg

TCD

I had seen drawings of the Porgs, and there was a quick shot of them in the new trailer.

14 hours ago, caveat lector said:

I'm with MO. My first thought was "why are the girls with the hightech new star wars costumes hanging out with gandolf?" Lol 

OK, I have to admit that the beard was a fail.

But, at least I tried.

13 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

This is beyond cool. You're a great dad, Andrew.

Right back at you, Blake.

It's fun to enjoy Disney with your kids- and it's great that it continues past childhood.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

I had seen drawings of the Porgs, and there was a quick shot of them in the new trailer.

Yup.

Note that the twins are holding their stuffed porgs. Everywhere where there's merchandise for the new movie, there's porgs.

What we don't know is if they're good or bad.

We made that mistake with Lotso, back before Toy Story 3 was released.  We thought he was a good guy.

In case anyone hasn't seen it, here's the new trailer, which was just released last night:

TCD

26 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

OK, I have to admit that the beard was a fail.

But, at least I tried.

Right back at you, Blake.

It's fun to enjoy Disney with your kids- and it's great that it continues past childhood.

Yup.

Note that the twins are holding their stuffed porgs. Everywhere where there's merchandise for the new movie, there's porgs.

What we don't know is if they're good or bad.

We made that mistake with Lotso, back before Toy Story 3 was released.  We thought he was a good guy.

In case anyone hasn't seen it, here's the new trailer, which was just released last night:

TCD

they are too cute to be bad,

• 2 months later...

Saw it last night. Great film and I think it stands on it's own pretty well. I woul rank it as 4 or 5 out of all the SW library.

I'm not a huge fan of Rey or fin. Just doesn't seem like a lot of personality there.  Chewy and kylo ren are fantastic.

I thought this episode would answer a few questions but it did not and I left with even more questions. I think there was too much humor and it was misplaced at times. Overall it was a good movie and did not feel like 2.5 hours so it flowed well.  

My son said the same thing about the humor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On 12/18/2017 at 9:16 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Well?

Who saw The Last Jedi?

I saw it on Thursday night at Disney Springs.

Wow.

All thumbs up from the TCD gang.

There is some valid criticism from the hard core Star Wars fan community, but overall it was a great movie, and carried the story forward very well.

TCD

Granddaughter and I saw it last night.

Good movie, had a couple of slow spots.

I don't think these fans (hard core Star Wars fan community) will ever be happy with any of the movies.  They always find something to pick at.

Could they have answered more questions, sure, but then what would be left for Episode 9 in 2 years?

Gotta give people something to speculate about.

17 hours ago, lightbikes said:

We saw it today - some minor criticism in terms of continuity with the story, which our son says is because we didn't see the "Clone Wars" movies - but otherwise thought it was great.  

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT IF YOU READ THE LINKS !

It was good if you went to see it as entertainment (which I did).

Problem is there are way too many people so caught up in the Star Wars Universe and mysticism that they will nit pick every detail to death.

Check out these stories

Alt-Right Group Takes Credit for ‘The Last Jedi’ Backlash, Bashes ‘Star Wars’ For Including More Women

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-backlash-alt-right-female-characters-1201910095/

‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ petition creator backtracks, calls it a ‘bad idea’

https://globalnews.ca/news/3929388/star-wars-petition-last-jedi-henry-walsh-bad-idea/

10 hours ago, Travisma said:

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT IF YOU READ THE LINKS !

It was good if you went to see it as entertainment (which I did).

Problem is there are way too many people so caught up in the Star Wars Universe and mysticism that they will nit pick every detail to death.

Check out these stories

Alt-Right Group Takes Credit for ‘The Last Jedi’ Backlash, Bashes ‘Star Wars’ For Including More Women

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-backlash-alt-right-female-characters-1201910095/

‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ petition creator backtracks, calls it a ‘bad idea’

https://globalnews.ca/news/3929388/star-wars-petition-last-jedi-henry-walsh-bad-idea/

Wow these people take things way to seriously.  It's just a fun movie.

8 hours ago, lightbikes said:

Wow these people take things way to seriously.  It's just a fun movie.

It's the same with Marvel and DC movies.

Expectations are so high for them, that they can never be reached to satisfy the "fanboys".

They will tear apart a movie just because a characters costume is the wrong shade of blue or is 1 inch too long.

Like you said they are fun movies and should be enjoyed for what they are, entertainment, not fact.

We tried to see it tonight...... but, somehow we didn't notice, but our tickets are for tomorrow night. :(

We got there, the guy tore our tickets, told us where our theater was, and we went to the bar and relaxed for a bit, then went in and sat down. Still didn't see the error until folks came in and said those were their seats. Then we looked, and OOOOPS.

7 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

We tried to see it tonight...... but, somehow we didn't notice, but our tickets are for tomorrow night. :(

We got there, the guy tore our tickets, told us where our theater was, and we went to the bar and relaxed for a bit, then went in and sat down. Still didn't see the error until folks came in and said those were their seats. Then we looked, and OOOOPS.

Did they give you new tickets for the correct night?  Shows how much the ticket taker pays attention.

The AMC that we go to has done away with the outside ticket booth and now you have to get in a Disney length line to go to the customer service counter and purchase your tickets off of a TOUCH SCREEN! 

The problem we have is I'm a Premier Member and we get in for $5 on Tuesdays and you can't purchase those tickets at the touch screen, or buy them on line.  So we have to wait for a real person to do the transaction for us.

Another business that is trying to eliminate man-hours by making you do all the work yourself at the facility or before you get there.

I asked if we needed to have the tickets reprinted, but they said no. We do still have the top half and the receipt portion. I was going to buy them online, but when I was talking to Rick one day and mentioned going to the movie, he insisted on dropping by the theater and picking up the tickets himself. He gave them to me when I got home, and I stuck them under a candle stick on the mantle and never really looked at them. I'm not too worried at all about getting in. What's funny, is there is an elevator to the upstairs section that totally bypasses the ticket taker going into the premium adult area, and we can go up there that way. and yes, there are no outside booths at this theater, but they do have in person ticket folks inside.

25 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I asked if we needed to have the tickets reprinted, but they said no. We do still have the top half and the receipt portion. I was going to buy them online, but when I was talking to Rick one day and mentioned going to the movie, he insisted on dropping by the theater and picking up the tickets himself. He gave them to me when I got home, and I stuck them under a candle stick on the mantle and never really looked at them. I'm not too worried at all about getting in. What's funny, is there is an elevator to the upstairs section that totally bypasses the ticket taker going into the premium adult area, and we can go up there that way. and yes, there are no outside booths at this theater, but they do have in person ticket folks inside.

The one we go to has people there, but they try to get everyone to use the kiosks and are mainly there for "problems".

We did on line purchases a couple of times (without the $5 discount) and it is nice just walking up and showing the QR code on your phone and walking in.

Well, we went last night, and really enjoyed it!! No issues getting in even with the torn tickets. As a matter of fact, the ticket checker wasn't even at the bottom of the steps to the upstairs entrances. What's funny though is Christmas night my son sprang for actual drinks for us and it was cheaper than when I sprang for sodas for us last night.