I've Been Traumatized by Tinkerbell and the Neverbeast

I have no intention of every seeing it, so I'd like to hear what was so bad about it.

TCD

I wouldn't say it was BAD. I actually quite enjoyed the movie - - - and music. The ending was unexpected...and gut wrenching. Combine that will the music they tied in and I was boo-hooing like a baby...I don't think my daughter will ever be the same. 

That said - - - it was a very sweet movie - - - despite being traumatized.

Ahh... thanks for the "warning".  I haven't even heard of the movie, but if you saw it at the Fort, they might have it playing again when we are there this fall.  My daughter is sensitive with a VERY vivid imagination, so we'll stay away from that one.

The ending was unexpected...and gut wrenching

Is it as surprising as what happened to Tedashi in Big Hero 6?

That was a pretty dark plot twist for a Disney movie!

I have to tip my hat to the makers of this Tinkerbell...it is emotionally stirring for sure. I guess I just expected since it was tinkerbell - - - that it would be generally sunny and bright. My niece, who is about to turn 3 was actually quite scared of the beast. So in answer to your question...the twist isn't "dark" like Big Hero 6. You should watch it...just bring tissues.

Hmmm. We are a sensitive bunch over here. That said, the tink movies are the best. We love them. I may preview this one first tho. Thanks for heads up.

Yes, preview it first.  

My 5yr old loves the Tinkerbell movies and watches them over and over (along w/ the Cars and Planes movies of course.......oh and that other one he watches all the time, something about snow and ice..... ;)  )

We got this one the first day and when it ended he said he never wanted to see it again. That was after he had run from the room several times in fright!

It is a distinct departure from the other Tink movies. I have no idea what Disney was thinking with this except to make a quick and last buck off the franchise (This is reported to be the last of the Tink movies....)

It's still a worthwhile view if you know what you are getting and your kids or GKs are old enough to process what they are seeing.  If you read the Amazon reviews they are mostly either 5 star or 1 star!  The parents of older kids loved it and the parents of younger kids are still trying to explain it......    :(

I read the reviews on amazon. Wow.

Yeah something else huh?  I wish I had read them before getting it....    

Besides Tink being hardly in it, ( and the monster killing fairies left and right.... kidding! sort of..... :blink:  ) another thing my son noticed was no Terrance or any other male character that I recall.      :huh:

The first tink movie is magical and beautiful and amazing.

The second is cool and really good too, but I missed the other main characters.

The third, the sister one, was cute, but they kept gettin darter and farther away from te core group of characters.

I have no words for pirate fairy. Blah.

Haven't seen this one yet.

Wish they could have all stayed more like the first. It was so sweet. I thought we were going to see more about tink and her friends, relationships, Terrance, Fairy Mary, I thought maybe even find out her and Peter Pans back story.

Spoiler alert!!

Ok, we finally got around to watching this with the girls who are 8, 6 and 2. They enjoyed it and after it was over I asked if they thought it was sad, and they said yes, but understood what was going on. They were just sad that Fawn wouldn't see Gruff again. I thought the parade back to his cave was a way of honoring him and appreciating what he did for them. No one died, he was simply going to hibernate for another 900 years until the comet went by again so he could protect Pixie Hollow like he has done before. Disney has done worse and no it wasn't as bad as what happened to Tedashi.

Best Regards,

Norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler alert!!

Ok, we finally got around to watching this with the girls who are 8, 6 and 2. They enjoyed it and after it was over I asked if they thought it was sad, and they said yes, but understood what was going on. They were just sad that Fawn wouldn't see Gruff again. I thought the parade back to his cave was a way of honoring him and appreciating what he did for them. No one died, he was simply going to hibernate for another 900 years until the comet went by again so he could protect Pixie Hollow like he has done before. Disney has done worse and no it wasn't as bad as what happened to Tedashi.

Best Regards,

Norm

Well that don't sound so bad.

Spoiler alert!!

Best Regards,

Norm

Hi Norm!

I have to say I do totally agree with you. I thought it was hauntingly beautiful (particularly the parade back to the cave) and dealt with some real life changes in a unique way. My daughter (11) and I talked about how Gruff had completed his purpose and that it was in his nature to fall back asleep until it was time for him to complete his task again.  And even though that was sad...it was nice that he got to have a friend while he was awake and hopefully in the future, the pixies would know what he was doing and treat him right and honor his commitment to protecting them.

I guess my initial concern was that it was SUCH a deviation from previous movies, that parents might be caught off guard. Still, lots of good life lessons...and some GREAT music.