Can we PLEASE talk about that cheese in Norway??!?!?

So, we went to the storybook lunch at Akershus...and can I just say OMG???

Were it not for the helpful disney phone reservation lady suggesting that I NOT miss the brown cheese on the appetizer buffet, I would have walked right by it because i looked alittle like pate...I don't do liver.

CARAMELIZED GOAT CHEESE! Are you kidding me?? I did NOT know that was a thing.  Clearly I ate too much of it...but seriously....that was some fine eats.

Anyone else ever had a nibble? (or as in my case - - a pound or two?)

Hilarious that you mention this because I was watching "New Scandinavian Cooking" last night and one of the things she made was fried BROWN CHEESE!

She said it was made by taking the whey, after the curds are separated out, and cooking it down for a really long time until you get... well, brown, carmelized cheese.

Now I'm going to have to search around and see if I can find some.  I wonder if Whole Foods has it?  They've got a pretty wide-ranging cheese selection.

I have never heard of that, thanks for the tip I will try it next trip for sure.

We should have a master list of things not to miss at WDW. (DOLE WHIP! I said it first!  :lol: ) Maybe listed by each park.  Sounds like this should be on the EPCOT list.

I still miss the old Akershus when you could go in and order multiple main dishes at one meal, which encouraged you to try new things.

We ate at the Norway buffet years ago before there were any princesses involved.

It was my wife and I and 2 of the kids who were in their teens.

When the kids saw what was on the buffet I had an uprising on my hands.  Luckily the waitress allowed them to get the kids meals and everything worked out.

I really enjoyed sampling the different foods that I wouldn't normally eat and I wouldn't be allowed to cook at the house

I don't remember if there was brown cheese, but there was a lot of pickled and sauced fish options.

We should have a master list of things not to miss at WDW. (DOLE WHIP! I said it first!  :lol: ) Maybe listed by each park.  Sounds like this should be on the EPCOT list.

Great idea!  I nominate you to start the first thread.  8)

Oh folks should also say why it's a "not to miss" item and where you can find it.

OK - go....

Great idea!  I nominate you to start the first thread.  B)

Oh folks should also say why it's a "not to miss" item and where you can find it.

OK - go....

I just did!  DOLE WHIP!   Don't miss it!   Why? because its DOLE WHIP!    :lol:

Where would such a list be best posted? And should it just be food?

LOL!!

I think it would be fun to have food/drink only ones in the dining section...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/forum/20-dining-reviews-and-information/

If you want, you could also start ride/attraction/show threads for the parks in the WDW section...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/forum/14-wdw-and-disney-park-discussions/