I figured it was probably time to start a new thread for this.  For anyone interested, initial information on breakfast at Be Our Guest can be found in this thread...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12495-be-our-guest-lunch-fp-magic-kingdom/page-5

From Kenny The Pirate's Facebook page...

Page Liked · 36 mins ·

French doughnut is actually pretty good at Be Our Guest Breakfast

10433085_779068638855996_818063162295559

https://www.facebook.com/RealKennythePirate/photos/a.378688615560669.88757.217298715032994/779068638855996/?type=1&theater

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The TCD gang tried the Be Our Guest breakfast on Saturday, March 21.   I was able to snag a reservation the day they were released.   When we arrived, they scanned one of our MB's to confirm the reser

Adjustments?  I predict that, even without significant adjustments, they can ride this thing for several years before they see any appreciable drop in customers.  Maybe forever.  Just read a few comme

I'm expecting we'll be getting a Fiend on the Scene, first hand review of this soon, but in the meantime, this is from the Disney Food Blog...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/03/20/first-look-breakfast-at-disney-worlds-be-our-guest-restaurant/

Excerpts...

...today we’ve got a fun FIRST LOOK at all of the food for you. We’ll have a full review on Monday with our fancy camera pics, but I couldn’t wait to share a few phone pics with you this morning!

Be-our-guest-restaurant-breakfast-menu-4

Be Our Guest Restaurant Breakfast Menu

be-our-guest-breakfast-open-face-bacon-a

Open-Face Bacon and Egg Sandwich with poached eggs, applewood bacon, and brie cheese on a toasted baguette served with fresh fruit

be-our-guest-breakfast-croissant-doughnu

Croissant Doughnut topped with banana caramel sauce, pastry creme, and chocolate ganache

be-our-guest-breakfast-assorted-cured-me

Assorted Cured Meats and Cheeses — alpine ham, serrano ham, sopressata, and cheese served with marmalade, fresh fruit, and toasted baguette

be-our-guest-breakfast-crepes-de-Cogswor

Crepes de Cogsworth — stuffed with Yogurt, fresh berries, and wildberry foam

The TCD gang tried the Be Our Guest breakfast on Saturday, March 21.

I was able to snag a reservation the day they were released.

When we arrived, they scanned one of our MB's to confirm the reservation, and we were admitted immediately.  We had a very short wait in the hallway with the suits of armor, and then were guided to a kiosk to order, just as they do at lunch.

We ordered two of the open-face bacon sandwiches, one quiche, one eggs Florentine, and one scrambled eggs and bacon from the kid's menu.

We had to pick up our own drinks from the self serve station, and had no problem finding a good table in the main ball room dining room.

The food arrived quickly.  I can't criticize their efficiency.

Here's the open-face bacon and egg sandwich:

3%2020%2015%20059_zpsa7hk0knc.jpg

I had a couple of problems with this.  First- it was less food than the $6.99 breakfast sandwiches which you can buy at quick serve locations throughout WDW.  But I paid $19.99 for this thing.  Second- it was barely warm.  The bread had obviously been toasted some time in the distant past.  Then they slapped a couple of cold pieces of brie cheese on it, along with some cold sliced tomatoes, along with some sprigs of arugula.  The poached eggs were then plopped on top.  Those were the only part of the sandwich above room temperature.  The brie was not the slightest bit melted, or even warm.  It just didn't work.

Here's the eggs Florentine:

3%2020%2015%20060_zpszpqmjmhg.jpg

What we have here is a leftover puff pastry from the seafood dish they serve on the dinner menu, with a scoop of cafeteria quality scrambled eggs, a couple of slices of tomato, and some ham.  In Disney's defense, Twin #1 could have had some spinach with those eggs, be she ordered her eggs Florentine with no Florentine.   Same deal- barely warm, and certainly not worth twenty bucks.  Not even with the spinach.

I don't have a photo of the quiche, but it's not hard to imagine what that looked like.  Picture a small pot-pie sized frozen quiche from your local grocer.  I will say thhat was the warmest item delivered to the table.

The scrambled eggs and bacon was exactly as advertised.  Scrambled eggs and two pieces of bacon.  You can't mess that up.

Well, you do get a "basket of pastries" to share with the table.  We didn't get a basket, but we did luck out and get two of these.  There was no basket though. Nothing had been removed from the plate before this photo was taken:

3%2020%2015%20061_zps74dpfbvm.jpg

There's nothing unique there with the pastries- you can find these same items (and more) of every breakfast buffet on property.

The bottom line is that the food was on even on par with what they serve at regular WDW quick serve locations.

What stuck in my craw was this:

bog%20receipt_zpsagpednx1.jpg

If one of the girls had chosen to have an adult meal, this little meal would have cost us over $100.

Not worth it.

Not even close.

TCD

Ironically your pictures don't look as yummy as what I have seen posted by bloggers....

The meal is a rip. I'm sorry you took one (or would that be $100?) for the team and saved us all from going.

If they added the beast and belle, do you think the price would be more justified?

Ironically your pictures don't look as yummy as what I have seen posted by bloggers....

Yes, isn't it funny how that works.

Also, I would like to see the bloggers who rave about this place to post photos of their receipts. It is a dirty little secret that Disney gives these whores  them free food in exchange for all the hype.

If they added the beast and belle, do you think the price would be more justified?

Personally, I think character meals are a rip, but if they're going to charge those kind of prices, then yes, their should be a princess and a fur character in there.  Or maybe include a complimentary mimosa or something.

TCD

I got an ADR for my friend who will be visiting Disney for the first time with his wife and kids. You have me questioning whether that was a smart move. 

As you know, the atmosphere of that venue can't be beat.  I admit that it was a very nice and peaceful breakfast, and, the food was at least edible, and probably better than anything else you would expect to eat in a theme park.

But is it a wise choice for a first time visitor?

I would say no way.

Think of the prime park time they'd be wasting while getting their pockets picked in there.  If they went to Crystal Palace, they'd at least get some cute photos of their kids with characters out of the deal.

TCD

I got an ADR for my friend who will be visiting Disney for the first time with his wife and kids. You have me questioning whether that was a smart move. 

Agreed. My wife and I have breakfast reservations there and I'm second guessing it.

Given the price- I know that I definitely didn't want to take us and the 2 kids.

I think we will stick to Crystal Palace. We all really like the buffet there. The omelet station is great too. Plus, I will take Pooh's puffed French toast over that pastry "basket" anyday. That looks like the same plate of pastries they serves at Cindy's Royal Table.....and that was the only part of that meal that was edible. I wonder of Cindy's will be better after the refurb? Their hot food was also served at room temperature.

So did you bag up your pastries and enjoy them all day??

No.  We ate the good pasties, and let the miniature bran muffins, or whatever they were.

That really SMB. $20 for a non buffet non character meet n greet is nuts.

I wrongfully assumed it would be a meet n greet. No way am I eating breakfast there anytime soon.

Thanks for taking one for the team.

Although it wasn't advertised as a character breakfast, I wrongly assumed that for the prices they were charging, there would be something special included.

Nope.

Agreed. My wife and I have breakfast reservations there and I'm second guessing it.

Given the price- I know that I definitely didn't want to take us and the 2 kids.

It is a nice atmosphere, and you could have better luck with food temperatures than we did.

I think we will stick to Crystal Palace. We all really like the buffet there. The omelet station is great too. Plus, I will take Pooh's puffed French toast over that pastry "basket" anyday. That looks like the same plate of pastries they serves at Cindy's Royal Table.....and that was the only part of that meal that was edible. I wonder of Cindy's will be better after the refurb? Their hot food was also served at room temperature.

Those pastries are definitely the same mass produced items found all over the WDW resort.  Nothing special there.  And you're dreaming if you think the food quality may have improved at Cindy's.  You know better than that.

Welcome back to the world of those who don't get employee discounts at WDW. 

Sucks, don't it?  :D

At least in your case, I don't imagine it's a permanent regression. 

Screw the Mouse and his overpriced Shoney's food.

Yeah, those discounts make everything better.

I would have loved it if this meal was at least on par with Shoney's.  What we were served was more on the level of a free breakfast at a two star motel.

TCD

Thanks for the review, TCD! 

I guess time will tell if this flies with most guests (can't imagine it will) or if they'll have to make some significant changes in either the offerings (and quality) or the cost.

I imagine they will make plenty of money through the June end date of the test, and then may have to make some adjustments to sustain it.

They will probably stay busy enough with guests cashing in one quick serve meal credit for the breakfast. That's a great use of a quick serve credit, and the fact that Disney is willing to accept just one quick serve credit for the slop they're serving confirms that they're price gouging the suckers paying out of pocket.

TCD

Adjustments?  I predict that, even without significant adjustments, they can ride this thing for several years before they see any appreciable drop in customers.  Maybe forever.  Just read a few comments of the idiots on some of the FB pages or on "other" boards....they'll do anything to get this ADR.  They won't care if the food is sub-par.  History is bearing that out....since the advent of the DDP, they can shovel horse manure at people and as long as it's in pretty surroundings and they can use their precious DDP credits, they'll gladly eat it up.  

This is all about that buzz.  Everyone is buzzing about how hard this ADR is to get....which makes it desirable.  They have it, so I want it.  

Adjustments?  I predict that, even without significant adjustments, they can ride this thing for several years before they see any appreciable drop in customers.  Maybe forever.  Just read a few comments of the idiots on some of the FB pages or on "other" boards....they'll do anything to get this ADR.  They won't care if the food is sub-par.  History is bearing that out....since the advent of the DDP, they can shovel horse manure at people and as long as it's in pretty surroundings and they can use their precious DDP credits, they'll gladly eat it up.  

This is all about that buzz.  Everyone is buzzing about how hard this ADR is to get....which makes it desirable.  They have it, so I want it.  

Sadly, you're probably right. 

One thing I forgot to mention is that the restaurant was only about 60% full the entire time we were there.  There were a lot of open tables.  Yet, they were turning guests without reservations away at the entrance to the bridge, and not allowing a standby line to form.  They don't want it to be easy for guests to get in- they're definitely selling the sizzle.

TCD

Wow sorry it was such a disappointment.  I was in no danger of ever trying the breakfast or anything else at BOG.  I'm just too cheap.  I could feed the whole loop a good breakfast for $100.  This is so short sighted of Disney.  Who after eating breakfast there would ever go back for any meal.  

I can't stand food not at the proper temperature.    

Edit  : Yall make a good point but I'm just not wired that way.  Bad is bad I don't care how hard it is to get in there.  

Thanks for the review.  We won't be going there for breakfast any time soon.  

My husband was sure that there had to be characters there for that price...nope!  

I do love Be Our Guest for lunch.  I hope they don't make any changes to that.