Wow sorry it was such a disappointment.  I was in no danger of ever trying the breakfast or anything else at BOG.  I'm just too cheap.  I could feed the whole loop a good breakfast for $100.  This is so short sighted of Disney.  Who after eating breakfast there would ever go back for any meal.  

I can't stand food not at the proper temperature.    

Edit  : Yall make a good point but I'm just not wired that way.  Bad is bad I don't care how hard it is to get in there.  

I am also very cheap, but I got caught up in the hype and just had to try it for myself.  Disney is good at tricking me out of my money.

I'm still going on Saturday morning. It's just me, so we'll see if they get things a bit better.

Hopefully they take TiW for this.

Please share your thoughts here. 

Thanks for the review.  We won't be going there for breakfast any time soon.  

My husband was sure that there had to be characters there for that price...nope!  

I do love Be Our Guest for lunch.  I hope they don't make any changes to that.  

I also love BOG for lunch.  It's easily my favorite quick serve lunch location.  While the lunch prices might be a buck or two more than other quick serve locations, I have no complaints about the prices at lunch based on the food quality and atmosphere.  For breakfast, I was expecting something better than normal quick serve food quality.  If they cut the price in half, I would be fine with it.  But charging $20 a head for what they're serving is outrageous.

TCD

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The TCD gang tried the Be Our Guest breakfast on Saturday, March 21.   I was able to snag a reservation the day they were released.   When we arrived, they scanned one of our MB's to confirm the reser

Adjustments?  I predict that, even without significant adjustments, they can ride this thing for several years before they see any appreciable drop in customers.  Maybe forever.  Just read a few comme

Thank you for the review TCD - appreciate you saving us the money! :rolleyes:

Regarding how the food bloggers make their pictures look so good - many years ago I was involved with a photo shot doing the pictures for a cook book - the food was all pre made, some of it frozen and placed out so it wouldn't melt, some was actually spray painted and shellacked to make it look nice and shiny!

So TCD, tell us how you really feel about your experience... :barf:

That's a shame you had a bad time for that amount of $$.

We took the grandkids to the character breakfast at the Yacht and Beach Club 3? years ago and the food was great and so were the characters.  I think we paid a little more per person, but we more than felt we got our $$ worth.

If you feel good about the experience after walking out, then that makes up for paying amusement park/resort hotel prices.

I've run across a couple of reviews posted by the usual suspects.

(I can already hear TCD's rant about how the bloggers shill for Disney on this stuff. 8) )

And while DFB predictably gushed, WDWNT sounds like they had a similar experience to you food-wise, although they do find a way to justify the cost in the end.

Disney Food Blog

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/03/22/full-everything-on-the-menu-review-breakfast-at-magic-kingdoms-be-our-guest-restaurant/

WDW News Today

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/03/review-be-our-guest-restaurant-begins-breakfast-test-is-it-worth-the-price/

A few comments I saw were saying the "pastries" needed to be an additional add on, lower the price and then offer the option to purchase it.

The pastries seem to be a bit of a boondogle.  So if you're a party of 2, you get one platter (where did the baskets go, btw?) but if you're a party of 7, you get 2??

It sounds like the pastry basket is part of justifying the price, but I think the idea of making it a separate add-on is probably a good one.

Agreed.

I think one article I read today hit it on the head though... breakfast gives more people an opportunity to dine here period, since the location is an attraction in itself.

If you can't snag dinner, try lunch, if you can't snag lunch... overpriced breakfast it is!

Agreed.

I think one article I read today hit it on the head though... breakfast gives more people an opportunity to dine here period, since the location is an attraction in itself.

If you can't snag dinner, try lunch, if you can't snag lunch... overpriced breakfast it is!

That makes sense.  It's just too bad they are gouging people for the opportunity.  

Another review from the Touring Plans Blog, who dined there Monday...

http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/03/25/be-our-guest-breakfast-first-look-review/

Their egg sandwich was lukewarm.

As for the "worth it" question, they seem to be on the same fence as some others - if you can't get in to BOG otherwise, it might be worth it just for that, but in the "value for money" department... meh.

One thing of particular note...

If you still decide you want to dine here but can’t secure a reservation on your chosen day, try asking in person outside the gates shortly before the breakfast service concludes at 10 a.m. During my visit, walk-up guests were being accepted with no waiting as I was departing.

The TCD gang tried the Be Our Guest breakfast on Saturday, March 21.

I was able to snag a reservation the day they were released.

When we arrived, they scanned one of our MB's to confirm the reservation, and we were admitted immediately.  We had a very short wait in the hallway with the suits of armor, and then were guided to a kiosk to order, just as they do at lunch.

We ordered two of the open-face bacon sandwiches, one quiche, one eggs Florentine, and one scrambled eggs and bacon from the kid's menu.

We had to pick up our own drinks from the self serve station, and had no problem finding a good table in the main ball room dining room.

The food arrived quickly.  I can't criticize their efficiency.

Here's the open-face bacon and egg sandwich:

3%2020%2015%20059_zpsa7hk0knc.jpg

I had a couple of problems with this.  First- it was less food than the $6.99 breakfast sandwiches which you can buy at quick serve locations throughout WDW.  But I paid $19.99 for this thing.  Second- it was barely warm.  The bread had obviously been toasted some time in the distant past.  Then they slapped a couple of cold pieces of brie cheese on it, along with some cold sliced tomatoes, along with some sprigs of arugula.  The poached eggs were then plopped on top.  Those were the only part of the sandwich above room temperature.  The brie was not the slightest bit melted, or even warm.  It just didn't work.

Here's the eggs Florentine:

3%2020%2015%20060_zpszpqmjmhg.jpg

What we have here is a leftover puff pastry from the seafood dish they serve on the dinner menu, with a scoop of cafeteria quality scrambled eggs, a couple of slices of tomato, and some ham.  In Disney's defense, Twin #1 could have had some spinach with those eggs, be she ordered her eggs Florentine with no Florentine.   Same deal- barely warm, and certainly not worth twenty bucks.  Not even with the spinach.

I don't have a photo of the quiche, but it's not hard to imagine what that looked like.  Picture a small pot-pie sized frozen quiche from your local grocer.  I will say thhat was the warmest item delivered to the table.

The scrambled eggs and bacon was exactly as advertised.  Scrambled eggs and two pieces of bacon.  You can't mess that up.

Well, you do get a "basket of pastries" to share with the table.  We didn't get a basket, but we did luck out and get two of these.  There was no basket though. Nothing had been removed from the plate before this photo was taken:

3%2020%2015%20061_zps74dpfbvm.jpg

There's nothing unique there with the pastries- you can find these same items (and more) of every breakfast buffet on property.

The bottom line is that the food was on even on par with what they serve at regular WDW quick serve locations.

What stuck in my craw was this:

bog%20receipt_zpsagpednx1.jpg

If one of the girls had chosen to have an adult meal, this little meal would have cost us over $100.

Not worth it.

Not even close.

TCD

F that noise!

I saw the menu and prices and decided against it even before reservations opened up. For one it's mainly egg dishes and 3 out of 5 of us hate eggs and the youngest is allergic to them so only my oldest would have been happy. And two I'd rather pay 30 something dollars for a steak at dinner than $20 for a small breakfast meal. So I kept our dinner reservation -- glad to see I made a good choice.

I saw the menu and prices and decided against it even before reservations opened up. For one it's mainly egg dishes and 3 out of 5 of us hate eggs and the youngest is allergic to them so only my oldest would have been happy. And two I'd rather pay 30 something dollars for a steak at dinner than $20 for a small breakfast meal. So I kept our dinner reservation -- glad to see I made a good choice.

You made a great choice. Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

From WDW Magic...

Pre-ordering of breakfast menu selections begins tomorrow at Be Our Guest Restaurant
Apr 09, 2015 | 5:51pm EDT

If you are heading to Be Our Guest Restaurant for breakfast you will be able to pre-order your menu selections starting tomorrow, April 10 2015.

Just like at lunch, guests will be able to pre-order menu items from 30 days out, up to 5 minutes before the reservation time. The ordering is done through the My Disney Experience website or app under My Reservations. An email will be also sent out at the time of placing the reservation with more information on the pre-order process.

As with lunch, you do not have to use the pre-order system, as selection can be made at kiosks inside the restaurant upon arrival. If you do make selections, they can also be modified once inside the restaurant.

Read more about breakfast at Be Our Guest Restaurant.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/be-our-guest-restaurant/news/09apr2015-pre-ordering-of-breakfast-menu-selections-begins-tomorrow-at-be-our-guest-restaurant.htm

I am glad we went to BOG. We did enjoy our time in there. Was it worthave the $45.00 for the food no not at all the food was a joke. But how happy my little girl was to eat there was worth the money it just would have been nice if the food was good.I have no plans on going back there right now. I can tell my girl she has already been there so we can try other things. And Jason if your reading this thanks again?