Hi!

Its been a while, but cookie season (Girl Scout) is over and I am able to get back on planning our Trip to DW.  We live in SoCal, (San Diego) and I have been looking at options.  We can buy the Super Duper Seasons pass which will include BOTH parks (Florida and California) for about $1099.00 per person plus taxes.  It includes free parking (not a big deal when we are at Disney world as we would be onsite regardless).

My question is - what type of discount as a Seasons Pass holder do you get at Disney Fort Wilderness?  I know its 20% discount on food - but I was unsure of the camping.

I am trying to balance if its worth the price.

Thanks!

T

Hi!

Its been a while, but cookie season (Girl Scout) is over and I am able to get back on planning our Trip to DW. We live in SoCal, (San Diego) and I have been looking at options. We can buy the Super Duper Seasons pass which will include BOTH parks (Florida and California) for about $1099.00 per person plus taxes. It includes free parking (not a big deal when we are at Disney world as we would be onsite regardless).

My question is - what type of discount as a Seasons Pass holder do you get at Disney Fort Wilderness? I know its 20% discount on food - but I was unsure of the camping.

I am trying to balance if its worth the price.

Thanks!

T

Lately none except cabins. There used to be good AAA discounts and an occasional AP discount, but they are things of the past.

Jason (Katman) just posted the summer discounts available in the Budget Thread.

Everyplace I tried to get a food discount I was told it was no good.

Regular Passholder dining discounts are generally only 10% with a few exceptions, and not all that plentiful. Plus there are blockout dates for Seasonal Passes and Weekday Select Passes and other holiday exclusions...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/dining-discounts/

The Premier Passport (good at both WDW and DL) are better with 20% at WDW good on "many table-service, multi-cultural cuisine and Disney Character Dining locations." and 15% at DL good on "most table-service, multi-cultural cuisine, Disney Character Dining and some dining locations in Downtown Disney District." ...but I can't find a full listing of exactly which locations are included for these.

An annual pass at WDW usually means 10% off some sit down at lunch, and 10% discount on lots of merchandise most places.

Regular Passholder dining discounts are generally only 10% with a few exceptions, and not all that plentiful. Plus there are blockout dates for Seasonal Passes and Weekday Select Passes and other holiday exclusions...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/dining-discounts/

The Premier Passport (good at both WDW and DL) are better with 20% at WDW good on "many table-service, multi-cultural cuisine and Disney Character Dining locations." and 15% at DL good on "most table-service, multi-cultural cuisine, Disney Character Dining and some dining locations in Downtown Disney District." ...but I can't find a full listing of exactly which locations are included for these.

When I was looking for dining reservations at DL, they had a "sort" menu that showed Passholder discount, so if you want to see what restaurants at DL offer the Passholder discount, click that button.

For us, the two coast pass was a no brainer, we have multiple trips to WDW planned this year, and then an 8 day trip to DL. The amount we paid was only about $80 more than a regular WDW annual pass and a 5-day DL, and that allows us to use all 8 days of our DL trip in the parks, so I was happy with the deal, even without any discounts.

Going the other direction, you need to see what the difference between a DL pass you would normally buy, and the number of days you are going to be at WDW, and see if it makes sense.

Although, the freedom of just being able to hop into a park for a meal or a single attraction, or just a stroll around without "burning" a day on a regular pass relaxes you immensely!!!

We bought tables in wonderland with our annual passes. We save 20% at nearly every restaraunt. It is $100, but we have already saved double or triple that amount and we don't eat out every meal.

TIW has saved us a ton.  We use it over the course of 2 trips and it usually pays for itself halfway through the first.  8)

OK so I have my AP finally and have my big trip with the girls planned for June.  How do I get a Tables In Wonderland discount card?  I only have 4 dining reservations with the girls but should have a few more when I go back in the Fall with my husband.  Will it be worth it even?

Loretta, you will break even on the card once you spend $500 in food/drinks.  After that you will actually save 20% of every dollar.  We saved a ton on our last card, but we paid for several 8-person meals.  With just the two of us, three weeks is about the break-even point.  But we time our trips so we get at least 2 trips on each set of AP/TIW.

OK so I have my AP finally and have my big trip with the girls planned for June.  How do I get a Tables In Wonderland discount card?  I only have 4 dining reservations with the girls but should have a few more when I go back in the Fall with my husband.  Will it be worth it even?

You can get it at any Guest Relations location.

"Worth it" depends on how much and what kind of dining out you're going to do. As Gwen said, $500 in spending is the break even amount. 

It also includes alcohol with meals and in many of the lounges, and a few counter service/food court locations like the All Stars food courts and at AK - Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus.

Full listing is here...

http://tablesinwonderland.com/

Oh and don't forget that when you use it, most locations will automatically add on an 18% gratuity - so don't double tip.  8)

Loretta, you will break even on the card once you spend $500 in food/drinks. After that you will actually save 20% of every dollar. We saved a ton on our last card, but we paid for several 8-person meals. With just the two of us, three weeks is about the break-even point. But we time our trips so we get at least 2 trips on each set of AP/TIW.

There are usually 5 of us, but sometimes 8, so I haven't weighed out for less than that, but if you plan to do several sit down meals I definitely think it's worth it. Especially on character meals.

Thanks, time to crunch some numbers to see if it is worth it.  Probably going to go for it with a few trips within the year expected.

To answer you other question, you get it at Guest Services. I got mine inside the MK. You can't buy it at the Fort.