I'm not sure i understand your question but IIRC. You can book your non home resort 7 months out.

Correct. What she did was to book her home resort 11 months out to guarantee them something. At the 7 month mark, she's going to try to switch it to somewhere they'd rather stay. But what is the magic time that window opens? ADRs are 6:00 AM online. FP+ is midnight, usually. What time does the DVC booking window open?

Correct. What she did was to book her home resort 11 months out to guarantee them something. At the 7 month mark, she's going to try to switch it to somewhere they'd rather stay. But what is the magic time that window opens? ADRs are 6:00 AM online. FP+ is midnight, usually. What time does the DVC booking window open?

It may just be whenever member services opens on that particular day......not sure if you can do that type of switch online or not. I would tell them to call member services now to figure that out. I will try to do some digging too.

Reading stuff online it looks like the official time is one hour before member services opens for online booking. MS usually opens at 9 so online it would be 8.

That being said I saw several people that said they were able to get in at various times between 6am and 8am.

I would call MS but they close at 5:30 on weekends.

Also, if you are switching resorts online.....it is done like this:

Step 1: Cancel your existing reservation

Step 2: Make new reservation

A couple things with doing it this way:

1. You better make sure their is availability at the new resort you want before canceling or you could be SOL on both.

2. If you are using banked points and the new ressie uses less points than the old one, the banked points go back to their original use year.......they can not be carried over again.

This all seems really convoluted to me, so I would just take my chances calling member services as soon as they open on the 7-month booking day. I hope that helps but it is probably clear as mud. At least if you're talking to someone on the phone, you can make sure they use the oldest points first and therefore don't lose points for nothing......and can also make sure their is availability at the new place before canceling the old one.