You may have seen pictures or video in the past of "the most dangerous path in the world"....the Caminito del Ray in Spain.  

If not, here is video taken in 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw

The path was built in the early 1900's to service the hydroelectric projects in the gorge, and was closed in 2000 after several fatal falls of hikers.  

Now, after a 4 year restoration, the path is reopening this weekend.  I want to go!!  This has to go on my bucket list now....I never would have hiked it in its deteriorated state, but now it looks just spectacular.  

Grand Gathering??

Spot 4 minutes and 30 seconds is my favorite.... of course, after that, the holes just keep on coming!  Mercy.   Not much different than those who free climb up those high flat rock walls :blink:   The views are beautiful but, kind-of hard to focus on that, if you're clinging to the side of the mountain  :wacko:

I certainly wouldn't go near the place in the condition depicted in that video. But like I said in my first post....it's been rebuilt by the local and provincial governments and it reopens on Sunday.

This is what I want to walk on.

Caminito-del-Rey-Projection-arc_166920_g

Well that's better. I'll go with you as long as that safety wire is still there from the video and I have a harness on and you pack in a case of Green Death for after the hike.

Well that's better. I'll go with you as long as that safety wire is still there from the video and I have a harness on and you pack in a case of Green Death for after the hike.

Well now it's just wood, before it was iron and concrete. Forget it I might have gone before but not now. We all know what happens to wooden paths we have seen it at the Fort they just crumble. Oh well it could have been fun.

I certainly wouldn't go near the place in the condition depicted in that video.  But like I said in my first post....it's been rebuilt by the local and provincial governments and it reopens on Sunday.

What I want to know, is what crazy person(s) built this bridge??!  

I certainly wouldn't go near the place in the condition depicted in that video.  But like I said in my first post....it's been rebuilt by the local and provincial governments and it reopens on Sunday.

Ok now I'm in.  But I'll still be the one plastered to the side of the cliff.  8)

I'd love to see what it looked like actually building this.  Now THAT had to be insane!

Ok now I'm in.  But I'll still be the one plastered to the side of the cliff.  B)

I'd love to see what it looked like actually building this.  Now THAT had to be insane!

The new path was built using helicopters and all sorts of modern equipment.  The original one built in 1902 used balls.  Really, really big ones.