The Easter parade pictures are neat. Tokyo disney does a long Easter celebration. Several weeks long. I was surprised that they did Easter there at all.

I am surprised to hear that too.  According to the twins, Tokyo has "everything."  I have unofficially agreed that we're going there as a gift to them when the graduate from college.  I have a couple of years left to save up for that.

Easter pre-parade photos?  Does that mean the parade is Easter-related?

Nope.  Just the pre-parade.  But, there's more pre-parade to come.

Please post a picture of your Starbucks receipt to prove that you purchased 2 drinks, not 3.

Darn it, I would love to, but it blew away in the wind like that hippo confetti.

I should have been more careful.  Clumsy me.

Excellent updates.

The Fort pics were great as usual.

I am enjoying the pre-parade pics as well.

I havent been to WDW at Easter since I was a wee lad. I do believe their were hippos of some kind in the old parade pics I posted not long ago though.

Glad you like.

Hippos then and now:

IMG_3321_zpsqwj2ylts.jpg

Excellent work, Aaron!

Those look like the very same hippo costumes too.  I guess they last a long time, as they only use them a couple of days per year now.

This is officially the strangest TR. EVAH.

I can't deny that. There is a lot of strangeness.

So... do you have to sign a special waiver to absolve the CM of any responsibility should he "accidentally" get the stroller stuck in one of the rail tracks in Main Street and dump your snowflake on the pavement?  Seriously... when did "pushing your stroller" become part of VIP services?

That's a good point, and it looks like the front wheel is in the track already. Plus that kid is obviously too big to be in a stroller. I wish I knew who that VIP was.

Strange things.

TCD

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up arrow!   Oliver sucked. Bean sucks. Goober sucked. Shemp sucked. Olivia sucked. Lawrence sucked. Anna sucks.

Simply put, Bean is an opportunist.  He appeared on the scene long after the Muppets became wildly successful.  In my mind, any Muppet introduced after the original run of the Muppet Show is not a rea

I think the gate controversy clearly necessitates a TCD trip to the Fort just to confirm exactly what the proper answer is.  Since asking just one CM will not give a reliable answer, and having TCD sp

Great report as always, Andrew. There are so many great things about TCD trip reports. No one else can even come close to matching them. Funny, intelligent, creative, insightful, and pulls no punches. And lots of pretty pictures.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Yeah, What The Troll said!

But, that doesn't stop people who just ordered from standing in front of the pick up counter blocking anyone else, particularly those who ordered before them and whose drinks will be ready before theirs, from getting to the counter.  Like these nimrods:

4%204%2015%20014_zpsqwyucond.jpg

Seriously, how can people be that dumb?

Try not to be too harsh.  You can clearly see the incision scar at the access point where the aliens extracted his brain from.

Great report as always, Andrew. There are so many great things about TCD trip reports. No one else can even come close to matching them. Funny, intelligent, creative, insightful, and pulls no punches. And lots of pretty pictures.

Next you can say nice things about DIT and the while site will implode.

Okay... think I'm caught up :)  LOVE all the pictures; I always feel like I'm right there with you :)

Let's see... dropped off the phone to get charged?  You can do this?

Blue name tag = someone important.  I'll need to remember that one ;)

The sign for the back/side entrance to the Fort... I'm confused, are you NOT suppose to use that gate?  Honestly, I always thought you were (no joke!).

When they first closed off the overflow lot, and removed the internal gate, the signs were placed there to help remind day visitors that they had to go through the main gate. There has always been a card reader at that gate. The buses DO have to enter at that gate and it lowers the number of folks trying to go in that way and blocking the buses. If they truly didn't want Fort guests to go through there, they never would have installed MB readers.

In other words, idiot proof signage brought on by lawyers

When they first closed off the overflow lot, and removed the internal gate, the signs were placed there to help remind day visitors that they had to go through the main gate. There has always been a card reader at that gate. The buses DO have to enter at that gate and it lowers the number of folks trying to go in that way and blocking the buses. If they truly didn't want Fort guests to go through there, they never would have installed MB readers.

Gotcha

When we were last there the exit signs directed us to that gate and I was told by a CM to use it to reenter if we left the grounds.

Yeah, we've always been told to reenter there as well.... of course, our cards/bands rarely work so it's always a gamble to go to this gate as (typically) we just end up turning around and having the guard open the main gate.  Fun times.

If you want some info on Tokyo and Hong Kong Disneyland I might be able to help you in the near future.

If you're going to one or both of those, please take pictures and share a little trip report!

How about Disneyland Paris?  Have you been there?

:thinking-smiley: I have nothing to add, I just wanted to boost my post count.

That's one way to do it.

Thanks, Leslie (Norm left the computer logged on to Fort Fiends, right?)

Yeah, What The Troll said!

I think it was Mrs. Troll.

Try not to be too harsh.  You can clearly see the incision scar at the access point where the aliens extracted his brain from.

Man- I didn't notice that before.  All kidding aside, I wonder what happened to that poor kid.

Mobile Azalea Trail - gotta be Mobile, Alabama.  They're big on azaleas down there.

Ah ha!  You are right.  Stay tuned for the next update.

Next you can say nice things about DIT and the while site will implode.

Hey, don't jump on Troll for telling the truth.

Okay... think I'm caught up :)  LOVE all the pictures; I always feel like I'm right there with you :)

Let's see... dropped off the phone to get charged?  You can do this?

Blue name tag = someone important.  I'll need to remember that one ;)

The sign for the back/side entrance to the Fort... I'm confused, are you NOT suppose to use that gate?  Honestly, I always thought you were (no joke!).

Yes, they will charge your phone for you at Guest Services in the MK (and at DHS too).  I haven't tried at the other parks.  They have adapters and cords there-so all you have to do is hand over your phone.  They give you a claim ticket to pick it up later.

As I understand it, the blue name tags indicate the Castmember was recognized as a Legacy Castmember.  It doesn't necessarily mean that they're important- just a great CM.  I've seen custodial CM's with blue name tags.  If you're interested, there's more information about those name tags here:  http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-08-08/the-daily-disney/os-dewayne-bevil-disney-blue-name-tags-20130808_1_walt-disney-world-name-tag-disney-cruise

TCD

Those signs clearly say "Authorized Service Vehicles Only."  It has always puzzled me how regular guests think it's OK to drive past them.  How are they any different than the signs telling guests not to drive in the back-stage area on the way in to the Fort or to not enter the Settlement Bus Stop area?

I have never been told to use that gate, or seen anything in any of the written material provided by the Fort at check-in saying it's OK to use that gate.

I know for a fact that there was not a card reader on that gate when it was first installed after the gate by the Outpost Bus Stop was first removed.  I know this because I tried to get in that way, and couldn't.  I was told then that the gate was for bus use only.  A card reader must have been installed after that.  Maybe because returning guests would block the buses if they got stopped at that gate.

When we were last there the exit signs directed us to that gate and I was told by a CM to use it to reenter if we left the grounds.

That's true- there are signs showing that it's OK to exit the parking lot via that road.

I've never been told that it's OK to use the road to enter-and those signs clearly say it's not OK.

Yeah, we've always been told to reenter there as well.... of course, our cards/bands rarely work so it's always a gamble to go to this gate as (typically) we just end up turning around and having the guard open the main gate.  Fun times.

That's weird that you've always been told that, when the topic has never come up once for me in all the times I've checked in at the Fort.  Did the CM checking you in tell you?

TCD

I think the gate controversy clearly necessitates a TCD trip to the Fort just to confirm exactly what the proper answer is.  Since asking just one CM will not give a reliable answer, and having TCD spend the weekend asking various cast members, it may be necessary for his to spend a few different weekends over the course of the summer attaining this valuable information for us.

I think the gate controversy clearly necessitates a TCD trip to the Fort just to confirm exactly what the proper answer is.  Since asking just one CM will not give a reliable answer, and having TCD spend the weekend asking various cast members, it may be necessary for his to spend a few different weekends over the course of the summer attaining this valuable information for us.

That's a good idea.  It's a safe bet that I will be told conflicting things by the CM's I ask.

TCD

OK, let's move on with the photos from the Easter pre-parade.

Here's another photo of butterflies and flowers:

4%204%2015%20032_zpsge8nk8u6.jpg

What is that, velour?:

4%204%2015%20033_zpsogwncn6m.jpg

I'll bet that was one warm butterfly on this 85 degree afternoon.

Next up, we have a bunch of young ladies in beautiful elaborate dresses.  Where did they come from?:

4%204%2015%20034_zpscl452naa.jpg

Do you remember the guy with the mobile azalea trail t-shirt?

That was Mobile.  Not mobile.  Mobile with a capital "M," as in Mobile, Alabama.

It turns out that they have a group of young ladies there who are known as the Azalea Trail Maids, and that is who we are looking at here.  If you want to know more about them, I invite you to peruse this very primitive website which apparently was created by one of the Azalea Trail Maidens for a school project.  I would give this girl a solid C for her work:  http://www.johnstrange.com/edm310summer07/hinds/index.html

The Azalea Trail Maids are much more impressive in person than that website might lead you to believe.  And, look, Daisy Duck is one of them:

4%204%2015%20035_zps4e7khz5e.jpg

From what I can glean from that website, there are 50 High School Seniors chosen each year to be Azalea Trail Maids.  They are a beautiful bunch of young ladies:

4%204%2015%20036_zpsblfmzyha.jpg

4%204%2015%20037_zpsdqq9wwss.jpg

And I would say every one of the 50 of them were here today:

4%204%2015%20038_zpscardyisi.jpg

4%204%2015%20039_zpskpsgthec.jpg

The girls are apparently told what color dress they are supposed to wear.  They only have beautiful colors like Orange and Blue:

4%204%2015%20040_zpsbzxjm9hf.jpg

And purple (which I think is officially called lavender in the Azalea Trail Maid circles) :

4%204%2015%20041_zpsijdqzkpa.jpg

So how do you like that?

Did you know there was such a thing as the Azalea Trail Maids?

Isn't that strange?

And guess what?

There's still more pre-parade to come.

Check this out-

The float is carrying every Disney rabbit ever- all in one place:

4%204%2015%20042_zpskve0i9jm.jpg

Check it out- there's the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, and Thumper from Bambi, and I think Thumper's girlfriend (don't know her name), and Rabbit from Pooh.  Like I said- all of the Disney rabbits all in one place:

4%204%2015%20045_zpsc58hjymk.jpg

But wait.

Where's Roger?

Next up we have some Chicken Women:

4%204%2015%20047_zpssrrevbb3.jpg

4%204%2015%20048_zpsisrkprbx.jpg

4%204%2015%20049_zps8zsm8owm.jpg

Next came what initially appeared to be an empty barn rolling down the street:

4%204%2015%20050_zpsttfbzcfs.jpg

Hey look- Easter baskets:

4%204%2015%20051_zpsv2xvqv5r.jpg

And, that barn's not empty- there's a big chicken in it:

4%204%2015%20053_zpscbeoo6rw.jpg

And that was the end of the pre-parade:

4%204%2015%20055_zpslukcw2kq.jpg

Look at that mess created by those inconsiderate hippos:

4%204%2015%20056_zpsivn5ki0a.jpg

Here's a look down a currently scrim-free Main Street USA. Let's hope it stays that way:

4%204%2015%20057_zpsb4oq46ug.jpg

It  was a busy day to be sure, but the crowds today were not at all like the crowds you see around Christmas or the 4th of July:

4%204%2015%20058_zpsgapftplw.jpg

During the pre-parade, I noticed that a lot of the performers were giving extra attention to this group of young people gathered in front of the Starbucks across the street from us:

4%204%2015%20059_zpsmgr3hxus.jpg

Twin #1 pointed out that the young lady in the dress had a CM ID showing on the little wallet she had hanging from her wrist:

cmid_zpsqejhjmfi.jpg

The Justin Bieber lookalike there to the left was with her. 

This appeared to be a bunch of off-duty CM's.  They seemed to know all the performers in the parade.  So, that led us to believe that they are part of the parade crew.  They all just had the day off today.  I'll bet some of those women are "friends" of princesses.

Next came the Grand Marshalls:

4%204%2015%20062_zps8nndhnzw.jpg

4%204%2015%20063_zps8zowbrhk.jpg

Then we had an army of street sweeper CM's come by and pick up that hippo debris.  Good show, Disney:

4%204%2015%20067_zpsvidfc4id.jpg

Twin #1 shared an interesting story about the CM's who have those brooms and dustpans.  They apparently are issued new ones when they start, but the older CM's will swipe the nice new ones from the new CM's.  This has resulted in these CM's hiding their brooms and dustpan at various places around the park so they can use their own broom and dustpan.  Twin #1 knew one CM's hiding place in the Swiss Family Robinsons Treehouse queue.  I mention this only because I stumbled across a hidden broom and dustpan later in the day.  Which is funny, because I had never heard of this before Twin #1 mentioned it.

So, that pre-parade was fun. And we still had the real parade to enjoy.

Before that, though, we got to hear the Dapper Dans perform a few songs:

4%204%2015%20068_zpswtmteh7o.jpg

It was a pretty good afternoon in the MK so far.

Not too bad for the Saturday before Easter.

Next up, a few FOF parade photos.

And then we'll hit some rides.

TCD

Yes, they will charge your phone for you at Guest Services in the MK (and at DHS too).  I haven't tried at the other parks.  They have adapters and cords there-so all you have to do is hand over your phone.  They give you a claim ticket to pick it up later.

As I understand it, the blue name tags indicate the Castmember was recognized as a Legacy Castmember.  It doesn't necessarily mean that they're important- just a great CM.  I've seen custodial CM's with blue name tags.  If you're interested, there's more information about those name tags here:  http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-08-08/the-daily-disney/os-dewayne-bevil-disney-blue-name-tags-20130808_1_walt-disney-world-name-tag-disney-cruise

TCD

Wow.. I learn so much from you  :worship:

Check this out-

The float is carrying every Disney rabbit ever- all in one place:

4%204%2015%20042_zpskve0i9jm.jpg

Check it out- there's the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, and Thumper from Bambi, and I think Thumper's girlfriend (don't know her name), and Rabbit from Pooh.  Like I said- all of the Disney rabbits all in one place:

4%204%2015%20045_zpsc58hjymk.jpg

But wait.

Where's Roger?

I guess Bean didn't make the cut either.

Beanbunny.jpg

Wow.. I learn so much from you  :worship:

Gee, thanks. But, we all learn from each other.  Like, I'm going in that back gate at the Fort the first chance I get.

And I learned something from NJ Norm in this next post:

Thumper's girlfriend doesn't have a name in the story Bambi, but when she signs autographs, she signs Miss Bunny.

Best Regards,

Norm

Miss Bunny?

That's an original name.  Someone spent a lot of time thinking up that one.

Isn't it strange that they created a costume for a no-named character?

Interesting post.

This float looked familiar to me:

4%204%2015%20050_zpsttfbzcfs.jpg

Check out this float from my Back in Time TR:

F5F8DB57-516C-4A43-AE65-192ADA3014A9-362

Excellent work!

They sure get their money's worth out of the floats.

That float also is used during the MNSSHP Boo To You parades.  You can see it behind the Country Bears in this photo:

92913234_zpsfd535e55.jpg

I guess Bean didn't make the cut either.

Beanbunny.jpg

Bean?

Yes, I forgot about him.

Which is totally understandable.

I know he shows up in the Muppets 3D show at DHS, but other than that, I know nothing about that rabbit.

TCD

The Troll absolutely approves of the Azalea Trail Maidens. The Troll is a big fan of grace, sophistication, class, and tradition. I agree the website design gets a C, or worse, but the girl's writing skills are exceptional.

Very interesting read and very interesting that the group still exists in this day and age.