I considered getting a casper, but i could not get over the fact that I would first lay on it in my home, no place to try it out

I wound up getting a Prana Sleep Super Vinyasa for a good song and dance vs the $7000 retail price of the mattress 

I considered getting a casper, but i could not get over the fact that I would first lay on it in my home, no place to try it out

I wound up getting a Prana Sleep Super Vinyasa for a good song and dance vs the $7000 retail price of the mattress 

Glad you found a mattress that works for you.  I had the same concern with a Casper, before we got ours however... I did a good bit of research and all the reviews I found, said the customer service on their return policy was amazing.  No problems, easy return.  I believe this to be so as, before they sent us the additional mattress topper, we almost had them pick-up up (return) our mattress and they were prepared to do this... no troubles.  They have been GREAT to work with.  As a matter of fact, the free mattress topper?  It took them about a week longer then they had anticipated and they gave us a credit on our credit card for the wait!  Wonderful customer service.

Glad you found a mattress that works for you.  I had the same concern with a Casper, before we got ours however... I did a good bit of research and all the reviews I found, said the customer service on their return policy was amazing.  No problems, easy return.  I believe this to be so as, before they sent us the additional mattress topper, we almost had them pick-up up (return) our mattress and they were prepared to do this... no troubles.  They have been GREAT to work with.  As a matter of fact, the free mattress topper?  It took them about a week longer then they had anticipated and they gave us a credit on our credit card for the wait!  Wonderful customer service.

Thats great to hear they had that good of a C/S team

Prana is a private label of City Mattress, they are made in Bonita Springs FL, they use all foam/ latex foam and are very heavy, pricetag included. I got a factory second for about 1700, still has a full warranty and all just was not 100% perfect  as for whats not perfect I haven't found the issue, and we have had it for 8 + months now

good to know that Casper should not be overlooked next time!

• 5 months later...

we still like ours, we are even keeping it when we get the new camper, we will let them keep the new one.

Glad it worked for you!   Next time around, we might go with a Sleep Number as I want the ability to raise the head/feet but... that's a $6,000 bed so, it will need to wait SEVERAL years.  In our opinion, the mattress works just as well for us, it's just the head/foot adjustment that we'd like and that was not worth the extra $5k+  ;)

Thanks for the tip. I can sleep on anything, but my husband has issues.

We tried Sleep Number and he didn't like it. We currently have a Tempurpedic. We tried them in the store and I really liked the Cloud model. I let him pick though, and he picked a harder one and the one we got is really hard. Apparently, they are softer in the stores due to people trying them.  :unsure:  They have a 30 day return period, but he was sure it would still soften after that (they told us as much).  Now like 4 years later, he is still complaining and has said he's getting something else.

We have a gel topper on it that we originally bought for the MH. I think the Tempurpedic and the gel topper respond to heat; our bedroom, being over the garage is cold, so it's literally like lying down on the floor when you first get on, then once it warms up where you are, you sink into a hole. And oddly enough, he loves sleeping in the MH on the mattress that came in it. 

So, I will have him check this out. 

Man, why am I so wordy all the time?

Thanks for the tip. I can sleep on anything, but my husband has issues.

We tried Sleep Number and he didn't like it. We currently have a Tempurpedic. We tried them in the store and I really liked the Cloud model. I let him pick though, and he picked a harder one and the one we got is really hard. Apparently, they are softer in the stores due to people trying them.  :unsure:  They have a 30 day return period, but he was sure it would still soften after that (they told us as much).  Now like 4 years later, he is still complaining and has said he's getting something else.

We have a gel topper on it that we originally bought for the MH. I think the Tempurpedic and the gel topper respond to heat; our bedroom, being over the garage is cold, so it's literally like lying down on the floor when you first get on, then once it warms up where you are, you sink into a hole. And oddly enough, he loves sleeping in the MH on the mattress that came in it. 

So, I will have him check this out. 

Man, why am I so wordy all the time?

Yeah.. our Casper felt hard when we first got it, but we called Casper on this (their customer service really is amazing) and they sent us a free topper; that made all the difference for us.  I still find the bed firm, but not that "hurt you" firm  :lol:

Yeah.. our Casper felt hard when we first got it, but we called Casper on this (their customer service really is amazing) and they sent us a free topper; that made all the difference for us.  I still find the bed firm, but not that "hurt you" firm  :lol:

Yeah, after reading more I feel like it may be similar to what we already have going on.