Some very important information for those of you with planned trips on DCL.   8)

Last week I kicked off a new series to tell you about some of the beverage seminars we offer onboard as another way for adults to indulge on a Disney cruise. Today I want to tell you about our sophisticated Martini and Champagne Tastings.

mlnkbj654321-613x345.jpg

Martini Tasting

In our Martini Tasting, you’ll sample a variety of gin- or vodka-based cocktails, each one with a unique taste and method of creation. In addition to the Classic Martini, we’ll introduce you to specialty cocktails with a modern twist, like the Cosmopolitan or Apple Martini, and dessert drinks, like the Toblerone Martini or Chocolate Martini.

After an introduction to the history of the Martini, the bartender will explain the secrets and curiosities that evolve around the world of Martinis. How did the martini become so famous? Gin or Vodka? Shaken or Stirred? Olive or Lemon?

mlnkbj654132-613x345.jpg

Champagne Tasting

During our Champagne Tasting, our knowledgeable wine team will take you on a journey from France to Italy and all around the world with some of our best Champagnes and sparkling wines, like Moët & Chandon Imperial and Taittinger Prestige Rosé. We’ll also introduce you to the art of mixing traditional Champagnes and sparkling wines with liquor to make delicious Champagne cocktails.

Check back next week to learn about our whiskey and cognac tastings.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/martini-and-champagne-tastings-on-a-disneycruise/

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/whiskey-and-cognac-tastings-on-a-disney-cruise/

Now that I’ve told you about the wine, martini and champagne tastings you can join on your next Disney cruise, it’s time to talk about our whiskey and Cognac seminars. These tastings give you a chance to sample spirits aged to perfection, learning to appreciate their unique characteristics and tastes.

wtydcl123456-613x345.jpg

Whiskey Tasting

Our Whiskey Tasting is for both those of you with experience drinking this spirit and those of you who are interested in making it your drink of choice. You’ll explore different types, including Scotch, Irish, Canadian and American whiskeys, learning what they are made from and the process of making them. The bartender will teach you how to properly drink whiskey and how to recognize its aromas and flavors.

ctywdw123456-613x345.jpg

Cognac Tasting

What is Cognac, and how do you actually pronounce it? This seminar dives into these commonly asked questions and so much more, including the history and production method of this smooth drink. Like all fine beverages, there’s an art to tasting Cognac, which our bartender will thoroughly explain during this interesting experience. Some of the Cognacs you’ll sample could include Courvoisier, Hennessy and Remy Martin.

Now that I’ve shared seminars for all tastes, next week I’ll tell you about one that is perfect for couples…chocolate and liquor tasting!