River Cruises and not the Jungle Cruise.

I get the Viking River Cruise catalogs in the mail and sit and dream about doing a cruise through southern Germany.  I want to visit the Christmas markets....and those are on the itineraries.  But I always figure it will have to wait until someday when the kids are grown and INC, Anna and I can take one.  But now this.....hmmm.  

Although having priced out a Viking Cruise for just INC and me.....I imagine I'd have to sell a couple of kids to afford a Disney one.  

Hmmmmm.......

ETA:  my eyes must have glazed over the pricing in the article the first time I read it.....$4100/pp is actually not terrible compared to other river cruise lines.  But no way I'm taking my kids....back to the original plan of waiting until they grow up.   :lol:

I called Viking to get some info and the operator have my some pricing for DIT.

Then I looked up Disney cruise prices.

A7-night Disney river cruise for you, Inc, and Anna would cost $13,397.

A 7-night Biking cruise for you, Inc and Anna in July 2016 would set you back $13,424. So Disney is cheaper. But with Viking you would have two rooms because they only allow two people per room, and there has to be at least one adult per room. You could bring your oldest DD, for the same price, because there would be a vacancy in the second room.

Also you have to get permission to bring any child under 12 on the ship. The operator really discouraged bringing kids. He said they would be bored and probably the only child onboard.

Bit if just you and Inc went it would be...

$6712. Viking

$9078. Disney.

Viking includes beer, wine with meals and no corkage fees. You can bring on your own booze. And some people pick up a bottle of regional wine to consume on the ship. He said he had a client that always brings his favorite bottle of scotch with him Have you talked to him before? Lol.

My parents took one of the Viking river cruises last year.  Their itinerary sounds a lot like the one mentioned in the Orlando Sentinel article.  I know they visited Vienna and Budapest.  They added a stay in Budapest on to the end of their trip.  They loved the cruise so much that they're doing another one on a different European river this year.  These river cruises are definitely geared toward the older demographic, but it's a cool way to see a bunch of different cities in a short period of time.  But, man, they're expensive.

TCD

The Disney Parks Blog just posted about this: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/adventures-by-disney-announces-first-ever-river-cruising-itineraries/

The blog post mentions the Adventures by Disney will be using a brand new ship which was designed with families in mind. They might be on to something here.

TCD

That's the ship I got DIT the pricing for.

Your post says you called Viking. Viking isn't mentioned in the blog post-another company is.

TCD

Here's my first two sentences.

"I called Viking to get some info and the operator have my some pricing for DIT.

Then I looked up Disney cruise prices. "

It should read "the operator "gave me" some pricing..." Darn iPhone. Lol.

I got him prices for both companies so he can compare the two.

So yes I called Viking. Because DIT mentioned it, but I looked up online, Disney's prices. Because OP's link told us that they would be using the new ship, AmaViola, and that's the ship I looked up the pricing for.

Maybe... but it could still sink, catch fire or we could all catch some awful disease.

Mercy... :rolleyes:

It's a river. If the boat sinks you can swim to the shore.

If it catches fire jump off and swim to the shore.

If your not kissing everyone y'all won't get any diseases. and if you do just jump off and swim to shore. :rofl:

It's a river. If the boat sinks you can swim to the shore.

If it catches fire jump off and swim to the shore.

If your not kissing everyone y'all won't get any diseases. and if you do just jump off and swim to shore. :rofl:

:lol:   You're right!!  Sigh me up!