Hoppy Easter and Crazy Crowds… The GDF Family Returns for Spring Break

Hey guys, I'm having some personal issues that are probably going to prevent me from finishing this report.

Prayers for the GDF family appreciated.

I sincerely hope and pray everything is okay with you and your family. Take care.
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been a lurker on trip reports for a long time... And it is about time for me to let you all know how fantastic they are and how I appreciate your time commitment in writing them. We leave for W

Well, here we go. It’s time for another GDF trip report. This Spring Break trip has been in the works for awhile. In fact, it was knowing that this trip was coming that prompted us to buy the APs on p

Alright, we left off with us about to ride Mission Space. It was Z’s first time. He was a little nervous, probably because of all the warnings which aren’t really applicable to the green side.   Yes,

Thank you everyone for the well-wishes! Your thoughts and prayers really are appreciated. 

Oh, no.  Hope everything is ok...

First post, you brought me out of lurkdom...It's Family In Blue :10220:

Hoping you can come back and finish!

And family in blue! You posted! I'm so proud of you! I hope you'll continue to do so. This really is a fun place to get involved. 

I have a feeling that I'll get to a place where I can at least partially finish this report. I just can't do it right now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guess what? I’m restarting this report… of course, the details of some things are a little fuzzy now, but we’ll go by pictures and see what I can do.

When we left off, we were on the bus. I was freaking out because my TIW card was missing, we were eating at the CG that night… we’d definitely want it!

I was hoping it was back in the RV, but it wasn’t. I called Disney and got connected to Tutto Gusto. Lucky day! It was there. But that also meant that I had to get to Epcot and back before our date. But a replacement is $50, and we were going to save a bundle by using it that night, so it was worth it.

So I hopped on the cart.

IMG_3404.jpg

Made it through security quickly…

IMG_3405.jpg

Another lucky moment. The flag show was going on.

IMG_3406.jpg

I can’t believe people actually spend their time watching that.

My friend Jessica and I had been in contact about me losing the card, and I knew that they were headed to the Fort that night for Mickey’s Backyard BBQ. Lucky moment #3, they were about to leave, so I exited via the International Gateway and hopped a ride back with them.

IMG_3407.jpg

Whew! That was all a bit stressful, but I was back in time to shower and get ready for the big date. And it all worked out, so no big deal. We even had some time to hang out with Jessica, and Jason ran them to the Settlement to visit the horses before their dinner.

For this night we had debated how to handle childcare for Z. We’ve used the center at the Poly, and he enjoyed it, but we also knew we’d be out pretty late. A tired kid on a monorail and boat ride didn’t seem like an ideal ending to our night, so we decided to book Kid’s Nite Out instead. We’d never used them but had heard good things.

Our sitter arrived (with a suitcase of toys). We chatted and decided we’d all ride down to the Settlement in the cart. Z would play, and they could eat Trail’s End takeout. You are required to pay for their meal if they eat out, and at their suggestion, I changed the password for charging on our Magic Bands just for her. That way, she could get him food and a treat, and I didn’t have to estimate how much money to leave. After dinner, they would go to the campfire area for all that fun. So Z would be having a super fun night too! Winning!

Date night began!

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

The slow boats were running.

IMG_3411.jpg

Our boat arrived.

IMG_3412.jpg

And we were at the Contemporary in no time

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

We had some time before our reservation. We decided we’d head to the bar at The Wave since it would be easy and we’d never been.

Cheers!

IMG_3415.jpg

We really enjoyed hanging out there, and we also checked out the menu. It looks good. You can kind of see a blue area in the top right corner of the last picture. Those are tables in the bar, so it’s possible to eat there without an ADR. We’d consider that for a last minute date for sure.

Wave selfie

IMG_3416.jpg

The bar here is large, probably because of the convention center. The service was great, and we both enjoyed our drink.

IMG_3417.jpg

Next up….

IMG_3420.jpg