Pet loops going away at the Fort?

I'm sorry if this has been answered already but is this true? I called for a dvc tour, okay, I wanted the gift card. When I asked about pet friendly and the sales man told me that Disney was getting rid of pets entirely. I am hoping it was part of his pitch but figured some one here could confirm or debunk. I REALLY hope you all tell me it's not true... Tinkerbell and Oswald the dogs really like going. I tried the Fort and she was no help.

Thanks and sorry for the hopefully dumb question!

I'd like to hear more about these virtual DVC tours and how much of a gift card you get?

As far as pet loops going away, when I first read the title of this thread, I thought the original poster was told that there would no longer be designated pet loops at the Fort, meaning that pets would be allowed on every loop.  That appears to be the unofficial policy anyway- I thought they had just gotten around to making an official announcement.

TCD

I'd like to hear more about these virtual DVC tours and how much of a gift card you get?

As far as pet loops going away, when I first read the title of this thread, I thought the original poster was told that there would no longer be designated pet loops at the Fort, meaning that pets would be allowed on every loop. That appears to be the unofficial policy anyway- I thought they had just gotten around to making an official announcement.

TCD

That is what I thought too.

Sorry guys, I really did a poor job of explaining and asking,  About two weeks ago, we got a post card in the mail saying they would give us a $25 gift card for just talking to the DVC folks about what a good deal it was. They called it a virtual tour and said it would take about 15-20 minutes.  I called last night and the first person asked for the special code on the post card and got my personal information.  She then passed me to a sales man.  Honestly, after about 5 minutes of me asking questions, he said he emailed me some documents to review and he's call me later to talk about it.  One of my last questions was if they had pet friendly properties.  He told me that there was no pet friendly resort at Disney.  Being a smart mouth, I mentioned the Fort.  He then said, well, that's not for long.  They just built a dog hotel and all pets would be forced to stay there.  When I pointed out that I made reservations for end of May and requested a pet loop, they never said anything.  His response was, well it's okay until September or first of the year but then no more pets.  Since the Fort Fiends know EVERYTHING about the Fort, I figured you guys would set me straight.  Thanks everyone and sorry for the babble.

Thanks for explaining that.  I didn't know that the DVC was so hard up for customers.  LOL. A virtual tour?  Sounds pretty dumb.

With this explanation, I'll agree with what Carol said earlier- that guy probably has never even been to the Fort, and was full of hot air.  He's probably one of those poor people who stand at the DVC booths in the parks passing out stickers.

TCD

• 1 year later...

Other than the Fort, all of the Disney hotels & resorts don't allow any pets. We used to have cat several years ago that needed medication twice a day and had asked about pets at that time. That is when we learned no pets period was the rule in their resorts. However, OKW did allow us to park our smaller motorhome by our room so we could take of her. We did need to do go up to the manager to get the OK. October used to be quieter attendance wise and parking wasn't such a big deal. I'll bet that we would not be able to do it now.

I would say it's highly unlikely that they would ban pets at the Fort, they would loose a lot of customers very quickly that way. I know we would not stay again. I can understand no pets at the other resorts and the cabins, with allergies and cleaning it would be a nightmare. Although I would assume they have to let service animals stay, I wonder how many people get around the no pets rule by claiming service animals.

I'm with everyone on the fact the guy probably had no idea what he was talking about. 10-1 he thought you were talking about wilderness lodge. Just built a dog hotel, unless they have added another that is not what I'd consider new or just built.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm generally cool with dogs in nearby campsites. If one is noisy I look at it like a noisy human and will talk to the dog's owner and if that doesn't work contact security. What I don't like is people who bring their Cockatoos or Macaws and leave them outside in a cage all day. I know there are feral colonies of these in Florida but they don't hang around the Fort screeching all day long.