Good Luck / Bad Luck Trip Report - Spring Break 2015

I am a first time trip reporter but long time lurker on this thread. I have really enjoyed reading about everyone's experiences on here, especially since I live 650 miles away from the Fort and only get to go down once a year.  We normally go down in October for fall break but switched to the spring this year to take advantage of DD9 who turned 10 in April.  Plus it's supposed to be cooler in March, right? 

Ok, so here we go.  In true Breaking Bad / Terantino style remember this photo...it will come into play later under the "bad luck" category

205C31DA-DE66-4D5B-A3C9-BEA9AB903D5B_zps

(Roll opening credits)

The father in law helped with cleaning the the day before we left, he gets huge kuddos for #1 helping and #2 it was low 40's and dreary.  Look close and you will notice all the mud on the driveway due to the fact that my yard was soaking wet and I apparently forgot how to avoid my lawn when backing the TT.  :unsure:

3314CBF0-F55C-4905-B926-1F839E154C26_zps

Reese and Minnie were happy to get moving

40F6191B-0781-43CD-B052-B734417F7A4B_zps

Fast forward to Saturday 10:30am.  We normally go the back way in and avoid toll roads..this time we paid the tolls and went through the main entrance

7FEE0CAE-9BE6-434A-B1B4-0F17A7A44740_zps

Notice how sunny and beautiful it is compared to the dreary Tennessee weather...good luck already!

894DC630-AB4F-4500-A9BE-D448454BEE11_zps

unloaded the golf cart

576E0373-F5CB-4A94-8BF1-787F63621B74_zps

and drove around the fort for a little bit before getting everything unpacked.  those of you who have seen this pic before know it's my complete fav.  

c7940b5f-36ed-4e75-8c2d-cfd05f8dd99e_zps

Ok let's rewind again real quick.  I booked a preferred site in the fall for this trip and we really wanted to upgrade to a premium loop...I called once a week every week but was unable to get upgraded (another good luck alert)

The guy at the gate had me at hello...I asked if there were any premium sites available and after looking he asked "Which loop do you prefer?"   :banana:

And thanks to one of the threads on here, I immediately blurted out 600!  

Site 619 was really nice.  We loved the shade and how close it is to the meadows.

DSC_0106_zps5k9b922i.jpg

DSC_0105_zpsjmw4a8tf.jpg

Reese is also thrilled, mostly with the fact that she buddied up with neighbors really quick.  Not unusual for her as we are normally introduced as "Rylee and Reese's parents"

DSC_0107_zpsibgk4twl.jpg

You ever had a bad feeling when you are getting the campsite set up?  Yea, well I got that feeling when I turned the water on from outside and walked around to the door and heard a sprinkler type sound from inside under the sink.  

*runs to turn off the water*

Pause...the week before the trip I dropped the camper off at our local dealer to get it serviced and specifically asked them to check the sink because it had a slow drip in it last season.  Sometimes proper planning does not produce results...

Anyway, the next few hours are kind of a blur and include the following:

- Trying to fix a water leak but just causing more water damage

- Teaching Rylee and Reese the "f" bomb (parenting fail)

- A nice, but severe, finger gash from the cabinet.

- Almost losing consciousness on the way to the comfort station 

- My wife coming into the men's room to clean my wound and douse me with cold water

But no time for any of this pain crap, we are at the happiest place on earth and have ressies for Ragland Road at 4:45...took some ibuprofen and put on some fairy band aids and we were off to DTD.

We got there a few minutes early and requested a table near the stage. As good luck would have it, we got on the first row.

D1F50401-6689-4C3D-A8E9-518E41927CA9_zps

Facepaint and "I danced at Ragland" sticker

85EA43FD-CDBE-40AB-9939-F7D8F6B417C0_zps

Time to head over MK to take advantage of a few fastpasses and this thing they call memory maker.

You ever do a MM Share?  

It's pretty cool and saves some serious $$$$

Anyway, look at this cool fairy stuff

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_72

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_72

And 7DMT...Rylee's face is the same in every coaster...Reese, not so much.  Keep this in mind

535806E3-D784-4FE1-8D8B-FB3DE5BF1B4C_zps

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Duh, from RV!  Can you believe that I haven't seen this movie yet?  It is now on the must see list."   https://www.youtube....h?v=g5MYIsARoQo   That is one of the more heartwarming scenes in movie hi

Growing up I hated having curly hair.  Now I love it.  Wash it, towel dry it, comb/brush out any tangles add some mousse or gel work that into my hair and I'm done.  I rarely ever use a hair dryer any

Hey look, I learned how to multiquote

You should have stopped...lurkers always welcome too!

Definitely will in the future

Great start on the trip report! You have a great looking family! Sorry things started out not-so-great.

Thank you.  It was nice to get the bad stuff out of the way on day 1.  You know, the whole "eat your frog first thing" mentality

First trip report "sign-in" for this guy!

I love where all this is going, and I could almost picture Robin Williams shouting "TURN IT OFF!!"

First,  I have been racking my brain trying to remember this scene.  Help!

Second, pretty sure that I wasn't near as graceful as I was skipping over stuff and jumping hitches

I'm in!  Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip!  Sorry for the early injury, love the face painting on the girls and the pictures... super cute!! :)

Thank you.  It get's less painful, I promise

Great start!

I like your writing style.

Hope you got the leak fixed.

WBI

My wife will love this comment.  She is a teacher and I am an accountant, her style is correct and my style is more RNE (red neck english)

Oh that leak...that's on day 3. 

"First, I have been racking my brain trying to remember this scene. Help!"

Ahh, the scene is when Robin Williams is attempting to hook up his sewer line for the very first time on the rented RV.

The 2 guys helping him show him how to connect the 2 sections of hose using a "Y" coupling.

As he holds the "Y" coupling up high, the sewage begins to crest right in front of his face; "TURN IT OFFFF!"

Hahaha