Oof!  It's in the 60s here right now and I'm about to head out to the deck with my coffee to start my work day.  :)

Stay cool!!!

60's!!!  That's winter weather.

It was 82 degrees with about 90% humidity at 06:00 a.m. here in Tampa this morning.

We won't see the 60's until November if we're lucky.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know what's going one with the weather, climate change, mad scientist, etc (maybe old age and weight gain). but if you are heading to the Fort or anywhere at Disney watch out.   We are having mi

Are you sure you aren't describing NC?

We hit a few days of 80s humidity in the last couple of weeks, and now we're back to "normal" - which is A-OK with me.   I think I'd burst into flames if I was there - after first melting into a puddl

Was 73 degrees at 7AM. Ninety degrees at noon. They are forecasting a high of 99 today and my guess is we'll hit it. Fortunately we don't have the heavy humidity that is typical in July and August so it wasn't too bad doing yard work this morning (although I doubt you northerners would agree on my humidity assessment). 

Was 73 degrees at 7AM. Ninety degrees at noon. They are forecasting a high of 99 today and my guess is we'll hit it. Fortunately we don't have the heavy humidity that is typical in July and August so it wasn't too bad doing yard work this morning (although I doubt you northerners would agree on my humidity assessment). 

Um.... no.  LOL

I just pulled weeds in the garden.  A pretty easy task when it's a dry 61 out.  8)

I mowed and weeded when I got off work yesterday.  Was a dripping mess when I got done mowing. 

At first it didn't seem to be too bad weeding, then I noticed sweat was running out of my soaked bandanna!

A quick water break and I was back at it, but overall it didn't seem too bad.

Hot one again today

"Temperatures will soar into the 90s to near 100 F, with AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperatures as high as 110-115 degrees at times," Vallee said. The combination of sunshine, light winds, high humidity and heat will drive RealFeel Temperatures to the dangerous and life-threatening threshold during the afternoon and early evening hours. Once again encourage our employees to play it safe and drink plenty of fluids before, during and after while working outdoors.

Dangerous Heat Wave to Continue in SE beyond Fathers Day  Still reaching into GA, SC, NC and now VA.

As our Families and friends take their summer vacations and/or travel to and from work, please remember to take the necessary actions to battle the sizzling heat.

Drinking plenty of water will help to keep your body hydrated and cool. Alcoholic and caffeinated beverages are a poor choice when battling the heat.

Dressing in light-colored clothing will help reflect heat and sunlight, keeping the body cooler.

Changing what you eat will actually lower your risk for heat-illnesses as well. Foods like meat and other proteins increase body heat.

Although being outside in the oppressive heat can be dangerous, being inside a vehicle can turn deadly.

Never leave disabled adults, children or pets alone in a vehicle. Heat becomes trapped inside the vehicle, causing the temperature to rise rapidly in a short amount of time.

Make sure to check on the elderly often and don't forget about pets. Keep water dishes stocked with fresh and cold water and make sure they have shade if they are unable to be brought inside.

Dry weather will accompany the area of high pressure as thunderstorm chances are suppressed. The bulk of the storms will remain on the northern periphery of the high.

Some relief will come as the weekend draws to the end. A shot of cooler and less humid air will stream into the Southeast, eventually traveling farther west into the Mississippi Valley early next week.

Lots of weather hubbub up here with tornado watches for most of NH and MA.  Strangely enough, the one northernmost county in NH that was *not* under the watch just had a tornado sighting reported.  And there is now a warning for a couple of hours north of here for the next hour.

Since we rarely get tornadoes up this way, and even more rarely really bad ones (last one was in 2011), the local media is going bonkers.

We had thunderstorms earlier today and there are supposedly more on the way. We're under a tornado watch until 11pm but I'll be really surprised if anything a good develops. Right now the sun is still out a bit and it's just a little breezy.

Just in case, I've done our typical summer storm preparations... all the dogs are wearing their harnesses in case we need to drag them to the basement (they won't go down there on their own) and the black & whites are wearing their ThunderShirts.  :)

Norm was this near you??

A car was flipped and pieces of the Deptford Mall's exterior were ripped off as a violent storm, described by witnesses as a tornado, sprinted across South Jersey Tuesday night.

"It was going a circular motion and it was coming straight towards us and that's when everything started happening," witness Blake Clemmer said.

A blue coupe was left on its windshield in the parking lot outside Macy's. Shoppers tell NBC10 they were ushered into the department store's basement to ride out the storm. There were no reports of injuries.

"It sounded like a freight train was coming down the road and lights flickered a few times and then just darkness," Max Baumle, another witness, said.

Deptford Mall Storm DamageWCAU_000000010896905_1200x675_4702316198
Damage shown from the air of the Deptford Mall. (Published Tuesday, Jun 23, 2015)

Debris broke the windows of several other vehicles parked outside the mall located along Clements Bridge Road in Deptford, New Jersey.

The mall suffered significant damage as well. Sheet metal wall panels near a mall entrance were left crumpled on the ground outside. Yellow fiberglass insulation panels dotted the parking lot and were left stuck under cars.

On the mall's roof, solar panels were peeled back like a band-aid.

Deptford Mall officials said the mall will be open for normal business hours Wednesday.

A Friendly's restaurant down the road from the mall had part of its roof pulled off.

The National Weather Service will decide Wednesday whether to travel to Deptford to investigate whether a tornado caused the damage. Winds were clocked at more than 70 mph at the height of the storm.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Car-Flipped-Walls-Damaged-at-Deptford-Mall-309397211.html

Yes, about 30 minutes away. They are saying they don't think it was a tornado, but a wall of 70-75 MPH wind that just went through everything. They are saying we aren't getting electric for 4 days, but they may be shooting high just in case. We are supposed to leave for Hatteras on Friday, but if we don't have electric back yet, I'm going to let the family go and I'll drive down when it finally comes on.

Best Regards,

Norm

Thanks, we are on well, but I have 5 gallon bottles of water from work that I filled up to flush and I have the generator. Hammonton is supposedly up and running so hopefully they are getting close. I just need a shower and if it isn't on by tomorrow, I'm showering at work.

I have the RUSH concert tomorrow night and off Friday so keeping fingers crossed.

Funny part is we had more damage for a 15 minute storm that blew through than Hurricane Sandy, go figure.

Best Regards,

Norm

Pouring lots of lightning at the fort tonight

what happens in the event of lots of lightning ... especially with tent campers? are you there at your own risk, regardless of the weather? we were at the Fort from Friday - Tuesday and there was a storm on Friday night that was especially intense. Many nearby strikes, delayed fireworks shows, etc. It wasn't safe to be outside for a while. 

what happens in the event of lots of lightning ... especially with tent campers? are you there at your own risk, regardless of the weather?

Pretty much.  If the lightening was really bad and close, I'd probably head for the nearest comfort station - especially if I was in a tent.

We were at the Fort a couple of years ago during a "tornado warning" for the Disney area. We started for Trails End. There was never anyone from Reedy Creek or the Fort going around warning people which I found disturbing. Even once at the restaurant we told people to go inside as no one else was instructing them and many didn't know of the warning......We had very gusty winds and heavy rain for about 10 mins but thankfully no tornado... It was enough to make me wonder of their emergency preparedness plans though!!