We went tonight. Super cool place and the drinks and food were good. Fun place to hang out!

1cdd247314201aba7da67dc7c4e779bd.jpg

082a147db6b935be5fe564e4376f0f93.jpg

86ca8a24776216c30d21db0b76082f12.jpg

4ab0a52d92981359794c950c21a7e479.jpg

b5a8cad97c26f82788f17eb7948f3fd1.jpg

10821f00b6795e42ef8722bccc484329.jpg

c37399e05e2aeda51f94d7b9ce96fce1.jpg

8a081d976b2711134b90fcef7977e466.jpg

c01aebdc262439e2566f685a884ad603.jpg

04f8d41ec4a57ce547336bd5ba3cf0d3.jpg

Pretzels with spicy mustard and beer cheese. A little dry - the waitress said they make them in the morning - and not good if you don't like seeds.

bac98d8361df7200ac86d6ae9230d198.jpg

Asian sticky wings. Very saucy and yummy. Sauce tasted of soy, a little finger and Peanut.

42807354fae215ab19406437df8ce4b3.jpg

She devil eggs. Basically deviled eggs with lump crab meat but really tasty!

81069824b1cabe0cf85c801af89d5484.jpg

Their version of a Dark and Stormy. Very ginger-y and the fresh lime juice was nice.

64a01ae1cc338534e60996da502284e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ever glance at something quickly and think it reads something other than what it is? I just read it as Jock Lindsey's Hangover bar. I guess depending on who's visiting it could be.

We stopped in on Friday and were lucky enough to get seats at the bar right away. All the seating is open, first come first served. We had a couple of appetizers and a few beers while checking out the

The opening date for Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar is set for Tuesday, September 22nd at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs.   According to the Downtown Disney Official twitter account

Asian sticky wings. Very saucy and yummy. Sauce tasted of soy, a little finger and Peanut.

42807354fae215ab19406437df8ce4b3.jpg

Personally I prefer my food without a little finger but those do look good.

Jock's is one of the places we want to hit up. It doesn't appear crowded which is good. What time of day/evening did you go?

I'm really hoping Mo meant ginger.  

BAHAHAHA yes, ginger.

We were there around 6pm and we walked right in. There was a bit of a line when we were leaving (maybe 6 people) but it looked like they were still being seated fairly quickly.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Heard today from a friend there for the races that the deviled eggs are off the menu. Too time consuming to make and keep up with demand.

Well phooey!  I had them in November and they were really good.  So good I made my own version to bring to Thanksgiving. My family wiped them out in no time.

That's too bad. We went there for lunch one day and ordered three dishes. It turned out to be more food than we could eat. We would go there again as it has a good selection of food for us to share and it never seemed too full to get in when we wanted. Back to the eggs I doubt it was prep time as it doesn't take that much effort to make deviled eggs after they are peeled. I'm sure they buy pre-peeled eggs like most high volume restaurants do. I suspect it has more to do with the price increase that has hit eggs due to the bird flu epidemic. To keep up the desired profit margin they would have had to raise prices so much that they knew folks wouldn't buy them.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone been here recently?  I've been digging through reviews and it seems like they're still struggling with the menu a bit.  We haven't been in a couple of years, but the location/atmosphere are really fun and we were hoping to add it to the list, especially since they now have both early and late Happy Hours.

Here's a review I found from April but I'd love to get some first hand Fiend on the Scene™ input -

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/jock-lindseys-hangar-bar-updated-menu-review-and-happy-hour-revisited/

We stopped in there this past June for a few drinks.

Nothing much had changed- fun décor, but kind of a limited menu.  We got to sit in the diving bell, which was kind of fun, but it was a hot day, and uncomfortably warm in the whole place.  I also thought the service wasn't all that great.

After drinks, we headed to the Boathouse for dinner.  We all enjoyed that.

Have you been to Homecomin' yet?  If you want a nice place to eat and drink, I'd choose that over the Hangar Bar.

TCD

57 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

We stopped in there this past June for a few drinks.

Nothing much had changed- fun décor, but kind of a limited menu.  We got to sit in the diving bell, which was kind of fun, but it was a hot day, and uncomfortably warm in the whole place.  I also thought the service wasn't all that great.

After drinks, we headed to the Boathouse for dinner.  We all enjoyed that.

Have you been to Homecomin' yet?  If you want a nice place to eat and drink, I'd choose that over the Hangar Bar.

TCD

Thanks TCD!  We may give it another try during one of their happy hours. Some things on their food and drink menu *sound* good but the reviews are kind of hit or miss.

SIL and I grabbed lunch at Homecomin' before we headed home from WWW this past spring.  The food was terrific and I got an order of fried chicken to go... because fried chicken is road trip food.  LOL

That plus the moonshine menu and laid back atmosphere and we'll definitely be spending some time there this trip.  :)