I've been to Pat's, that's a fun place. Jellyrolls is officially on the list of fun.

So is Jock Strap's hangar bar. Will report back on both.

Jellyrolls is a tamer version of Pat O'Brien's.  There are a few songs they play in New Orleans that wouldn't be appropriate to play in Disney World, but still a lot of fun.

LOL at Jock Straps Hanger Bar.

TCD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ever glance at something quickly and think it reads something other than what it is? I just read it as Jock Lindsey's Hangover bar. I guess depending on who's visiting it could be.

We stopped in on Friday and were lucky enough to get seats at the bar right away. All the seating is open, first come first served. We had a couple of appetizers and a few beers while checking out the

The opening date for Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar is set for Tuesday, September 22nd at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs.   According to the Downtown Disney Official twitter account

Come on along with us - the more the merrier!  :)

Sadly no!  It's been on the list for ages now and we never seem to get over there.  It's on the list again... we shall see.

The problem with Jellyrolls is it's hard to get back to the Fort!!  You wanna take the bus cause your probably drinking, and if you stay late when the fun is going on, then it means a bit of double buses.

The problem with Jellyrolls is it's hard to get back to the Fort!!  You wanna take the bus cause your probably drinking, and if you stay late when the fun is going on, then it means a bit of double buses.

Yeah, that's part of the reason we haven't made it over there yet.

The problem with Jellyrolls is it's hard to get back to the Fort!! You wanna take the bus cause your probably drinking, and if you stay late when the fun is going on, then it means a bit of double buses.

Sounds like maybe a reason to try out Uber? Double busing is a reason I probably wouldn't bother going either.

Well, I guess I have to check out Jellyrolls next weekend as I've never been there. 

But, back to Jock Lindsey's.....  It looks neat and I will check it out.  How much has Disney spent to re-imagine this area over & over?  Please, give me back the Adventurers Club!

But, alas - I know it is never to be...  The AC can only work inside an area you pay to enter.  It just has too much overhead to be supported by drink sales alone.

Well, I guess I have to check out Jellyrolls next weekend as I've never been there. 

But, back to Jock Lindsey's.....  It looks neat and I will check it out.  How much has Disney spent to re-imagine this area over & over?  Please, give me back the Adventurers Club!

But, alas - I know it is never to be...  The AC can only work inside an area you pay to enter.  It just has too much overhead to be supported by drink sales alone.

This is what has me excited for the new jungle cruise restaurant. I have a sneaking suspicion that they're going to make it a sit-down restaurant with more of a trader sam's feel - they've already said it will be a jungle cruise theme and sam's has had a lot of success and proven that people like the interactive spiel. Add a dose of nostalgia for the adventurer's club, and I'd bet that at least one of the dining rooms has that theming with interactive surroundings, if not characters.

This is what has me excited for the new jungle cruise restaurant. I have a sneaking suspicion that they're going to make it a sit-down restaurant with more of a trader sam's feel - they've already said it will be a jungle cruise theme and sam's has had a lot of success and proven that people like the interactive spiel. Add a dose of nostalgia for the adventurer's club, and I'd bet that at least one of the dining rooms has that theming with interactive surroundings, if not characters.

That's what it's sounding like to me too, and that's very cool!

And there's definitely a bit of AC in Trader Sam's as well - from the decor (I've heard some of the props are actually from AC) to the way the Guests interact with the staff and the surroundings. Definitely part of what makes it so fun... well, that and the rum drinks.  8)

Update from Disney Food Blog - the opening is tomorrow!

News: Full Menu Released for Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar

September 21, 2015  By AJ 1 Comment

Doors open at 11:30 am on SEPTEMBER 22nd to Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar in Downtown Disney!

Jock_Lindseys_Hangar_Bar_Construction_Do

Concept Art for Jock Lindey’s Hangar Bar

Screen-Shot-2015-09-21-at-6.02.30-AM.jpg

@WDWDowntown Twitter

Last month, Disney gave us a sneak peek of what to expect on the menu full of bar eats, with Air Pirate Pretzels and“Squid! Why’d it have to be Squid?” headlining the selection.

Jock-Lindeys-Hangar-Bar_Pretzes-with-Hou

©Disney

Jock-Lindeys-Hangar-Bar_Squid-Whyd-It-Ha

©Disney

But today, we’ve got more information on the DRINKS coming to this all-new lounge, thanks to the menu now visible on the Walt Disney World website! And while selections of beer, hard cider, wines (reds, whites, and desserts) and non-alcoholic blends will be among the choices (not to mention sake and a whisky flight), it’s the Signature Libations that will really bring the theme to life, dedicated to the story of Indiana Jones and his oft-trusted pilot, Jock Lindsey himself!

Jock Lindey’s Hangar Bar under construction–Opening September 22nd!

Among the SIXTEEN specialty cocktails are Wrong Island!, featuring Siesta Key Silver Rum, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Tamiami Gin, Tippler’s Orange Liqueur, and sweet-and-sour with a splash of Coke. Bedtime Story will mix Absolut Mandrin Vodka, Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur, Hibiscus Syrup, lemon juice, and iced tea. After a Cool-headed Monkey? Then you’ll receive Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, lime juice, watermelon, and pineapple juice.

The Scottish Professor brings together Monkey Shoulder Blended malt Scotch Whiskey, Hendrick’s Gin, pear nectar, simple syrup, and lemon juice.  The Bitter Barkeep is Barsol Quebranta Pisco, simple syrup, and lime juice, while theGerman Mechanic is Bavarian Radler a.k.a. “Shandy” with Paulaner Hefe-Weizen and Simply Lemonade®.

Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar — Opening September 22nd

The Hail Marty will feature Colonel E.H. Taylor, Jr. Single Barrel Straight Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey bottled in Bond, and served with an ice sphere.

Anything Goes will be a fruity mix of byejoe dragon fire spirit, lime juice, passion fruit, and pineapple juice. Currently,Bam’s Barmstormer is displaying the same mix of ingredients, so we’ll look forward to discovering more about this one!

Themed twists will continue with traditional bar drinks such as Panchos Margarita, the Hovito MojitoSafari Sangria,Shorty’s Singapore Sling, and the Air Pirate’s Mule.

And if you can face Reggie’s Revenge, you’ll be enjoying Florida Cane ‘Orlando Orange’ Vodka, Midori Melon Liqueur, white cranberry juice, and fresh lime juice.

Close-up on “Reggie” the Boat

Florida spirits will also play a role in the Fountain of Youth: St. Augustine Florida Cane Vodka, Bols Blue Curaçao, white cranberry juice, and sweet-and-sour. After all, the Fountain of Youth was the very thing Indy and Jock were on the hunt for when Jock spied the Florida spot that would one day become his own waterfront hangout (tucked in between The Boathouse and Paradiso 37), and which EVERYONE will get to enjoy starting September 22nd!

We can’t wait to see you there!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/09/21/news-full-menu-released-for-jock-lindseys-hangar-bar/

Naturally the Disney Food Blog folks are there also...

Page Liked · 6 mins ·

Reggie's Revenge at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar -- Orange vodka, Midori, white cranberry, fresh lime.…

12036834_10154325502044546_8653636396278

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyFoodBlog/photos/a.10152235962799546.1073741825.135590229545/10154325502044546/?type=1&theater

Took a look at their appetizer menu and the prices surprisingly look fairly reasonable. Ordering two or three and splitting it between Rene and myself we would have something similar to what we would get at one of the chain sit down restaurants for about the same price.

Here's the link to the full menu:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/downtown-disney/jock-lindseys-hangar-bar/menus/

Sounds yummy!!  And agreed about the price.  This seems to be the one new place opening that isn't "signature dining." Looking forward to checking it out!

The reviews are already starting to come in...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/jock-lindsey's-hangar-bar/news/22sep2015-review---jock-lindseys-hangar-bar-at-disney-springs.htm

From FB...

Page Liked · 6 hrs ·

Each morning at opening, a guest is selected to open the Hangar Bar, and they get this pin

12011167_10153602123079330_2979740664799

https://www.facebook.com/attractionsmagazine/photos/a.74177884329.72281.8093464329/10153602123079330/?type=3&theater

The Disney Food Blog has posted a review with TONS of photos, and they ordered every food item on the menu!
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/09/27/full-menu-review-jock-lindseys-hangar-bar-in-disney-springs-walt-disney-world/

Some excerpts...

Dates-Jock-Lindseys-Hangar-Bar-15-0064-7
Good Dates

DeviledEggs-Jock-Lindseys-Hangar-Bar-15-
Dr. Elsa’s She-Deviled Eggs

Snack-of-RaJock-Lindseys-Hangar-Bar-15-0
Snack of Ra

Pretzels-Jock-Lindseys-Hangar-Bar-15-007
Air Pirate’s Pretzels

Brats-Jock-Lindseys-Hangar-Bar-15-0063-7
Brody’s Brats

Tacos-Jock-Lindseys-Hangar-Bar-15-0077-7
Tanis Tacos

Sliders-Jock-Lindseys-Hangar-Bar-15-0071
Rolling Boulder Sliders

Wings-Jock-Lindseys-Hangar-Bar-15-0079-7
Lao Che’s Revenge

Squid-Jock-Lindseys-Hangar-Bar-15-0074-7
Squid! Why’d It Have To Be Squid?

• 3 weeks later...

We stopped in on Friday and were lucky enough to get seats at the bar right away. All the seating is open, first come first served. We had a couple of appetizers and a few beers while checking out the decor. The pretzels are great, and they will bring you additional cheese and mustard if you ask for it (the waitress said that up front, so I assume they know the portions are small for 6 pretzels). We also got the meatball sliders, which were delicious and well-spiced.

Pricing is fair by Disney standards, and this is a decent spot to drop in for a drink, a snack, and a break from the sun. The menu is all small plates, so don't plan on this for a dinner or lunch stop if you're hungry, unless you want to order a lot of appetizers (think Trader Sam's menu).

The decor is pretty cool, and there is a lot to look at on the walls and in the rafters. Keep a sharp eye out for some of the Indy in-jokes, and be sure to check out the lost-and-found - you never know what you'll find.

We stopped in on Friday and were lucky enough to get seats at the bar right away. All the seating is open, first come first served. We had a couple of appetizers and a few beers while checking out the decor. The pretzels are great, and they will bring you additional cheese and mustard if you ask for it (the waitress said that up front, so I assume they know the portions are small for 6 pretzels). We also got the meatball sliders, which were delicious and well-spiced.

Pricing is fair by Disney standards, and this is a decent spot to drop in for a drink, a snack, and a break from the sun. The menu is all small plates, so don't plan on this for a dinner or lunch stop if you're hungry, unless you want to order a lot of appetizers (think Trader Sam's menu).

The decor is pretty cool, and there is a lot to look at on the walls and in the rafters. Keep a sharp eye out for some of the Indy in-jokes, and be sure to check out the lost-and-found - you never know what you'll find.

Thanks for the Fiend on the scene review.

I trust those more than the professional blogger reviews.

TCD