Booking reservations for character meals and backyard BBQ etc.

We are camping at fort in Nov. We were waiting until the 150 days out to make our reservations for character meals and backyard BBQ. Mostly the BBQ and Cinderella castle. Well it's about 140 days out and just tried to book some stuff and it seems everything and anything is booked solid. Is this for real? Am I missing something? Even BBQ is full. What the heck. Am I supposto stay up till midnight on the 151 day out and book all my stuff. Thinking of canceling and rebooking 10 days later at this point.

We are camping at fort in Nov. We were waiting until the 150 days out to make our reservations for character meals and backyard BBQ. Mostly the BBQ and Cinderella castle. Well it's about 140 days out and just tried to book some stuff and it seems everything and anything is booked solid. Is this for real? Am I missing something? Even BBQ is full. What the heck. Am I supposto stay up till midnight on the 151 day out and book all my stuff. Thinking of canceling and rebooking 10 days later at this point.

First off your booking date opened on the 180 day mark. It's 180 for dining and 60 for onsite FP+

Depending on what you are looking to book, especially the character meals those can fill up quick but I have heard this complaint in a lot of places. It may be that there is some glitch or they havent fully released everything yet. 

As far as the BBQ that is a seasonal venue and I am trying to remember when they are closed. I will see if I can find a date on that. Not sure if that applies to your time frame though. That also may not be fully released. 

Ugh I've been dragging my feet on this. Adam saw the clip on ME and said he wanted to go and still mentions wanting to go but the amount of money (and past not to enjoyable experience) has me hesitant. I guess I need to see what available and hurry up and decide.

Trying to book BBQ for Thursday nov 19. Thinking it's not released yet. Might be closed. If so I'm bummed. Was looking foreword to it. Girls all really wanted Cinderella royal table. Guess I'm a little shocked by the booking thing. They should defiantly disclose this better. Just saw a Disney resort commercial the other day that shows a happy family checking in and making a reservation for the princess dinner right at the hotel lobby. Clearly that never happens. I guess next time I'll have to set an alarm on the 180th day. Disappointed before I even check in.

Just saw a Disney resort commercial the other day that shows a happy family checking in and making a reservation for the princess dinner right at the hotel lobby. Clearly that never happens.

I cringe every time I see that commercial.  Talk about setting unrealistic expectations!

Well. Tried switching party size, called, complained, etc. wife spent hours on the website individually searching every possible reservation combination. They really should just say what is avail instead of asking what you want cause nothing is. Lesson learned. Ended up somehow with chef Mickey for a 2pm brunch, literally the only thing avail. Worst possible time frame for a 3 and 4 yo. Thanks for the help. I'll keep checking but the website is exhausting and not user friendly.

There is a service you can pay and they will stalk the ADR system for you and text you when availability comes up (then you have to log on and grab it super fast).

I believe it is called Disney Dining Buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that dining reservation app sounds interesting. Jason seems to be on top of all things disney,myet my sister is our travel agent and she was the one who managed to snag the chef Mickey reservation. She and my wife are gonna keep trying. I'm confident it will work out. Just more work than I anticipated. Thanks again

Thanks, that dining reservation app sounds interesting. Jason seems to be on top of all things disney,myet my sister is our travel agent and she was the one who managed to snag the chef Mickey reservation. She and my wife are gonna keep trying. I'm confident it will work out. Just more work than I anticipated. Thanks again

Absolutely. I in now way want to take people away from a travel agent they are happy with. I was mostly checking for you while I was already online looking at things for others. Hope you guys find what you are hoping for. 

Actually that 2:00 time frame isn't that bad with young kids. When my girls were 3 & 4 I would go for the later times so I knew they were hungry and would eat. I also planned later times for this years trip as well, never really had a problem with them complaining. Also, since it is a later time, you may have better interaction with the characters. Hope all works out.

Best Regards,

Norm