From WDW News Today...

“TRON 3″ Has Been Cancelled

tron__legacy__sam_and_quorra_by_stalkera

Due to the poor performance at the box office by “Tomorrowland,” Disney has decided to abandon the sequel to “TRON: Legacy”.

According to the Wrap:

The cancellation of “Tron 3” comes on the heels of “Tomorrowland” underperforming at the box office last weekend. Brad Bird’s original film cost Disney $180 million and grossed a disappointing $42.7 million over the four-day holiday weekend.

“Tron 3” had not been officially greenlit yet and after the relative failure of “Tomorrowland,” Disney executives may not have wanted to gamble and risk exposing the studio to another loss.

Source: The Wrap

Instead, Disney will stick to what has worked lately such as live-action versions of its animated films including “Cinderella” and “Maleficent.” The studio has blockbusters such as “The Jungle Book,” “Beauty and the Beast” and an “Alice In Wonderland” sequel on the horizon.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/05/tron-3-has-been-cancelled/

We already have Tron 3 but they call it Test Track. They ruined that ride.

I agree.  I still believe that they began the Test Track re-do with the idea of tying it in to Tron, and then reversed that idea when Tron 2 tanked.

So, we are left with a mess of a ride that makes much less sense than the original version.

Idiots.

TCD

I agree.  I still believe that they began the Test Track re-do with the idea of tying it in to Tron, and then reversed that idea when Tron 2 tanked.

So, we are left with a mess of a ride that makes much less sense than the original version.

Idiots.

TCD

To be fair, tying the guest experience to failed Disney movies is a time honored tradition.  The entire My Disney Experience platform is like The Black Hole.  It sucks the life and joy out of everything it comes near....not to mention being a bottomless money pit.  

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, tying the guest experience to failed Disney movies is a time honored tradition.  The entire My Disney Experience platform is like The Black Hole.  It sucks the life and joy out of everything it comes near....not to mention being a bottomless money pit.  

Gold!