Park entry 'forbidden items' list... camping stove fuel?

Hi all, I did a quick search forum search and didn't see anything.

I will be camping for the first time at Disney in a few months.

I took a peek at the official 'forbidden items' list that Disney has on their websites, and did not see 'camping fuel' listed as an item

(which I kind of assumed would be there, knowing they have on site camping)

So, that leads me to believe there's the chance I could bring some with me into the parks???

(the forbidden list does have a 'catch all' line that says, 'anything we deem dangerous', which might be camping fuel?)

I'm sure some reading this might be wondering why,

but my wife and I are 'die hard' coffee drinkers!!!

And, I have a JetBoil backpacker camping stove that has a french press coffee maker built into the mug shaped stove/pot.

Therefore, I have a small isobutane cannister to heat the water (the size of 2 stacked donuts) that works with it, that can store inside of the mug/unit.

And, I would love not to pay Starbucks over $200 during our 10 day stay. (2 cups each day for each person over 10 days, $5 x 4 x 10 = 200) :)

Has anyone tried bringing something like this into the parks?

Is it hit or miss, pending the screener?

Is it an automatic flag for them?

I know I can't bring this on an airplane flight, but my local amusement parks around me let them it.

If they 'flag' it, can I fill out a form or something and pick it up on the way out of the park?

Thanks for any feedback!

That's an interesting question.

Here's the link to the official list on the Disney website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/restricted-personal-items/

That list doesn't say I can't wheel my full size propane grill with a 20lb tank into the parks.  That would be nice to have to grill up some burgers and hot dogs in the new hub area during Wishes.

TCD

I doubt they will let you bring it in. Here is the key portion of Restricted list.

"Additional items may also not be permitted inside the theme parks. Please use your best judgment and do not bring anything that may be potentially harmful or disruptive."

While the stove itself might be ok I think the isobutane canister will meet this definition.

The funny thing about that list is that I've seen many of the items that are supposedly forbidden in the parks.

Several times lately, I've seen guests with folding chairs in the parks.

Almost every trip, I see coolers that are way beyond the size restrictions in the parks.

I really don't think they'd let a guest bring a backpacking stove with fuel into one of the parks, but who knows?

TCD

Hi all, I did a quick search forum search and didn't see anything.

I will be camping for the first time at Disney in a few months.

I took a peek at the official 'forbidden items' list that Disney has on their websites, and did not see 'camping fuel' listed as an item

(which I kind of assumed would be there, knowing they have on site camping)

So, that leads me to believe there's the chance I could bring some with me into the parks???

(the forbidden list does have a 'catch all' line that says, 'anything we deem dangerous', which might be camping fuel?)

I'm sure some reading this might be wondering why,

but my wife and I are 'die hard' coffee drinkers!!!

And, I have a JetBoil backpacker camping stove that has a french press coffee maker built into the mug shaped stove/pot.

Therefore, I have a small isobutane cannister to heat the water (the size of 2 stacked donuts) that works with it, that can store inside of the mug/unit.

And, I would love not to pay Starbucks over $200 during our 10 day stay. (2 cups each day for each person over 10 days, $5 x 4 x 10 = 200) :)

Has anyone tried bringing something like this into the parks?

Is it hit or miss, pending the screener?

Is it an automatic flag for them?

I know I can't bring this on an airplane flight, but my local amusement parks around me let them it.

If they 'flag' it, can I fill out a form or something and pick it up on the way out of the park?

Thanks for any feedback!

You could always drop the fuel canister into your cargo pants pocket  "hey is that 2 stacked donuts in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

We always bring in large metal water bottles and they don't question them or what's in them.... don't ask, don't tell.

What about making your coffee before heading into the parks and putting it into a good old fashioned Stanley Thermos Bottle?

My 20 year old one will keep coffee hot all day long.

They make smaller ones if you don't want to go with the big old 1.1 quart one.

Looking on their site, they have what's called a Mountain Coffee System in 2 sizes 17 oz. and 1.1 qt.

Didn't see any instructions, this is the description

Vacuum insulated jar keeps drinks hot 15 hours, cold 13 hours or iced 50 hours

18/8 stainless steel won't rust; naturally BPA-free

Integrated pot + press brews a bottle's worth of coffee then nests to save space

Lid separates into two cups for sharing

Dry storage in stopper holds a bottle's worth of coffee grounds -

See more at: http://www.shopstanley-pmi.com/product/mountain-coffee-system-17oz#sthash.ODsMFlWx.dpuf

Look at it this way.  If TSA fails 65 out of 70 tests for forbidden items at airports, :bugeyes:  how efficient do you think the Disney PO PO will be?   

Unless you're carrying alcohol.  In May I saw 2 cases in 4 days of people being caught trying to bring alcohol into the parks. 

Hey there, welcome. Do yourself a favor and bring a thermos as mentioned above. If I saw you lighting a sterno in the park I would 1) think what the heck is wrong with this guy 2) figure you were going to blow something up and 3) get a cast member. I don't think it's aggrivation you want. Although I think the Brazillan tour groups would love some good Columbian

I like the tampon idea.  I'll just the top of the cannister/pot with those, above the fuel.

Oh no, my cover is blown.  All the gate screeners read these forums for training.

I'd do the thermos thing, but I'm coming in with only 2 large backpacks via plane.  If I had a 40' camper with a 10 cup coffee maker...

I'll make sure to light it on Tom Sawyer Island, and not on Main Street. :)

In reality, you might be sitting at the other end of the picnic table and not even know that I boiling water with it

(for those not familiar, the JetBoil is a backcountry friend that I pack for every road trip, you should check them out if not familiar with them...build in starter, all self contained, the pot is the cup, fuel and burner fits inside the cup, and it boils 2 cups in under 2 minutes for me, with a built in french press...an engineered dream)

If the fuel gets confiscated, I guess I'll just get mad and cancel my barrista tips, or see what coffee detox might feel like :)

Are we past post #10? Oh good. On our last trip I decided I wanted to really try my hand at some good photography in the parks, like I did as a teen. I knew I would need a tripod since I like nighttime, long exposure shots. Disney has a very specific rule about the maximum size tripod they will allow, I think it's 18" when folded. So I researched and found the most sturdy tripod available that is as big as possible when extended and folds to 18". Spent a small fortune on it. Then I get to the park and there are MANY folks walking around with tripods half-again the size of mine (and much cheaper)! All this to say, Disney enforces the rules they want to enforce.

http://www.mefoto.com/products/backpacker.aspx

I'd look into a Yeti Rambler, $30-40 depending on the size (20 or 30 oz)

or the Cheaper but still effective Thermos branded ones.

personally i have a rambler and it holds ice/ water all day long  Load it up with ice in the AM, and just add water all day long, never replace the ice and there is still some in the cup when i go to bed 15 hours later

Wow, talk about a weird topic. I can never understand the people who pack everything but the kitchen sink in a hymalaian type back pack for a day at the park. When our kids were small and we had to do the stroller thing there are essentials you need for small children such as diapers and wipes. But propane, grills, coffee makers, etc.? Come on people, it's a theme park not the amazing race. I understand Disney pricing is outrageous. The great article about Disney driving out the middle class is priceless....and true. And people want to save money by pretending your in the 70s and bringing the classic mom and pop packed stale Bologna sandwiches is a great way to beat the Disney system. If Disney were smart, they would/should limit even more what you can bring into the park. Let me know when someone will be at bag check with a canister of propane. I would love to see homeland security show up. And one more note. Don't mention Yeti cooler and save money by not buying Starbucks coffee at the park in the same quote. To me that's an oxymoron....lol

I'd look into a Yeti Rambler, $30-40 depending on the size (20 or 30 oz)

or the Cheaper but still effective Thermos branded ones.

personally i have a rambler and it holds ice/ water all day long  Load it up with ice in the AM, and just add water all day long, never replace the ice and there is still some in the cup when i go to bed 15 hours later

For 2 people, it would make more sense to use a good old fashioned green steel Stanley thermos bottle. Either the quart or the smaller one.

When we go to the parks we take 3 steel insulated water bottles.  I have an UnderArmor Thermos one, my wife has an Eco, and my GD has an odd named one.

All will hold drinks with ice in them, cold all day long.

We have 2 of the green Stanley bottles, one a large drink thermos, and the other one slightly smaller with a wide mouth for drinks, soups, or food.

Got one at a yard sale and the other at Goodwill.  They have lasted forever.