We loved Camp Gulf in Destin (well, Miramar Beach to be more precise).  Definitely plan to go back.  Would go all the time if it didn't take so long to get there from here.  

Have also stayed at Bryn Mawr in St. Augustine.  Not the nicest campground, but proximity to beach was excellent.

My SIL stayed at North Beach (St. Aug as well?) and liked it, but you have to cross the road to get to the beach.

My camping friends have done Hunting Island SP, SC, and loved it.

We have also done Jekyll Island, GA, but it rained the whole time so I never actually saw how far the campground was from the beach.

We stayed at Hanna Park in Jax.  It's a short bike ride to the beach.  That was the same trip as Destin but after, so the beach looked hideous, but it's probably nice and we are spoiled now.  B)

Oh, hi, everyone!

Hi and thanks for sharing that info!

I actually camped at Jekyll Island once long ago.  Unfortunately that was the trip where my family thought it was a good idea to cram my parents, grandparents and 3 mostly grown kids into a motorhome.  We stopped there on the way back for a night and I don't remember much, although I do remember seeing a gator hanging out under a foot bridge and some dolphins swimming by just off shore.

I mostly just remember my sister having "had enough" and setting out to stomp around the island for an hour.  8)

Gulf Waters RV Resort in Port Aransas, TX is very nice. They have a nice Boardwalk to the beach, each site is individually landscaped with trees, barbecue pits, wind blocks, grass or pavers. You can bring your golf cart which must be insured and street legal and licensed for Port Aransas. You can drive your cart on the beach, in the resort and anywhere in Port Aransas.

Edisto Beach State Park in SC is wonderful, however reservations need to be made a year in advance b/c it's so popular for the beach campground. Unfortunately, they also raised the rates astronomically for water/electric sites this year.