If you are busy, how do you take care of your dog?

We are dog people....that being said I have a couple breeds that are GREAT family dogs..... I know there are alot of breeds that qualify....but this is just from our family's experiences.

Now I love all dogs (within reason).... I am more a small/medium dog owner.... Im not a fan of drooling dogs or dogs that SHED....

My 3 favorite breeds are:

1.) Pugs

2.) French Bulldogs

3.) Golden Retrievers/Labradors (chocolate/golden)

These 3 dogs are extremely intelligent dogs....and have been easier to train (from my experience)

Retrievers/Labs can be on the bigger side---and they LOVE to chew....

Pugs and Frenchies are SO chill--- which I LOVE....I'm not a fan of barking or hyper dogs.....so these 2 breeds are EXCELLENT for that (plus they are smaller for camping)

We currently have a FRENCHIE....who is the sweetest thing! She will be going camping with us here in 17 days at the FORT!

i think everyone posted good comments.  but one thing missed was that smaller dogs tend to live a long life.  you need to be in it for the long run.  my bichon girls are going on 15 yrs old this september and have just started showing their age.  just saying...

i think everyone posted good comments. but one thing missed was that smaller dogs tend to live a long life. you need to be in it for the long run. my bichon girls are going on 15 yrs old this september and have just started showing their age. just saying...

Yes... and our kiddos are 3 and 8, so my "luck" and get attach to the stupid dog who would then die just after both of my babies leave the nest. Yeah....thus mana doesn't need that type of heaetbreak.

We're camping right now at c a small campground with a pretty large dog population (I would guess that 75 percent of the RVs have a dog) however, most of the campers have grown (or no) children and talking with these individuals, I'm learning that (for many) having a dog(s) is a way for them to have the energy of a child around... but the can legally kennel them if they need to ;) Each person has said, what you all have said.... having a dog takes work. One mama (whose children are now grown and married), said that having her dogs is like having young children, she has to feed them, bathe them, take them to the doctor, plan for play dates/walks and generally schedule with them in mind and that no...your child will not keep up with the commitment to care for them like they think they will. I said, "thank you. ..we'll stick with our fish" :)

I may not be the right person to ask. I bought an rv so that my dogs could go with me.

Same here.  And a camp in the woods, and a bigger truck...  ;)

I'm learning that (for many) having a dog(s) is a way for them to have the energy of a child around... but the can legally kennel them if they need to ;)

LOL!  I've compared notes with my friends with younger kids many times.  We generally come out even until we get to the part where I can kennel/leave my dogs home alone.  :rofl2: