Richard Petty Demo & MK Parking Expansion

I don't know if anyone has posted the plan for the old racetrack so since I found it this morning I thought I'd share.

Sadly its not that exciting, they are demoing pretty much everything except the ponds.

Existing:

Pages%20from%20mkgpe_engrpt%201.jpg

Zoom of the demo plan:

MK_ParkingLot_Demo.jpg

Zoom of the parking lot expansion plan:

MK_ParkingLot_New.jpg

Like I said not very exciting, but I still wanted to share.

WBI

I thought the racetrack was going to be used for some new bus hub or something to do with the buses

I heard/ read its mainly going to be parking, with a turn around for the tram

I don't think this will increase Park Capacity at all, It will offer more parking.  Park capacity was increased already when they finished the New Fantasyland expansion +5,000 guests from what I saw.

With the increase at 5,000 guests, Id expect to see parking for maybe 1,000-1500 cars in that area, maybe even a parking garage.  Whatever they plan on doing they will make more money, $17/ car to park...

I heard/ read its mainly going to be parking, with a turn around for the tram

I don't think this will increase Park Capacity at all, It will offer more parking.  Park capacity was increased already when they finished the New Fantasyland expansion +5,000 guests from what I saw.

With the increase at 5,000 guests, Id expect to see parking for maybe 1,000-1500 cars in that area, maybe even a parking garage.  Whatever they plan on doing they will make more money, $17/ car to park...

It's free if staying on property.

It's free if staying on property.

yea but if you stay on property its better to take the boat/ bus in my opinion 

We boat to MK, but drive everywhere else. If we didn't have to come home a time or two during the day to let the dogs out we might opt for busses. You might only save 10-15 minutes by driving a single round trip: three round trips and you're really eating into your day and patience.

We boat to MK, but drive everywhere else. If we didn't have to come home a time or two during the day to let the dogs out we might opt for busses. You might only save 10-15 minutes by driving a single round trip: three round trips and you're really eating into your day and patience.

exactly my point!

if you park hop, there is no point in driving your car.

I for one will miss this.  I only did the experience once but what a thrill.  I know the death recently with the exotic experience sealed the tracks fate I am sad to see it go.

its fate was sealed before the death, It was almost 2 months before it happened the announcement was made that it was closing.

exactly my point!

if you park hop, there is no point in driving your car.

Nope.  Bad enough we usually end up with the GC at the wrong end of the Fort because we park hop.  8)

its fate was sealed before the death, It was almost 2 months before it happened the announcement was made that it was closing.

I think business has been slow for quite a while, based on all the discounts they've been offering.

If nothing else, the extra parking space might help during those holidays when the lot hits capacity now and they end up redirecting people over to Epcot to park.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My family bought me 8 laps as a gift. It was quite a thrill hitting a corner at 120-130 mph (whatever it was). It was a great experience and memory. Disney didn't do a great job of marketing and the price was prohibitive. Replacing it with a parking lot only serves to homogenize the Disney experience. Sad