I know I asked about this probably last year, but we are headin to Gatlinburg in a few weeks and was wondering if there were any apps that would help find gas stations along I75 that are RV friendly. We have a diesel this time and I would like to find stations that can Handel the truck plus 34 ft of trailer. Also, if I pull up to a semi truck pump is that the same diesel I can use in my truck. Thanks in advance. Lonestar can you help me out with the Diesel at the pump question?

I use the My Pilot app to locate the Flying J truck stops on my route. Most Flying Js have dedicated RV islands that sell both gas and diesel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know I asked about this probably last year, but we are headin to Gatlinburg in a few weeks and was wondering if there were any apps that would help find gas stations along I75 that are RV friendly. We have a diesel this time and I would like to find stations that can Handel the truck plus 34 ft of trailer. Also, if I pull up to a semi truck pump is that the same diesel I can use in my truck. Thanks in advance. Lonestar can you help me out with the Diesel at the pump question?

it's the same diesel, that is one of the great things about towing a camper with a diesel there are fuel stations built that you can fit in. The only trouble you could run into is if you only have a small fill hole to put diesel in. All of my diesel trucks have had the larger hole except one and that was 15 years ago. Also some Love's and T/A truck stops you will have to go inside instead of paying at the pump. Pilot let's you pay at the pump. Also if you do have a large fill hole on your truck when using the larger fill nozzle don't run it wide open. It pumps so fast it fills the tank with bubbles and makes the diesel splash out of your tank. I always fill on the first notch on the handle and it's fine. And the best way to find diesel when crossing the country if your going on the interstate is to by the book called The Next Exit. It will list what is at every exit and highlight diesel in red. It makes knowing where your next stop is very easy.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Next-Exit-2015-Interstate/dp/0984692134

Also when at a truck stop at the pump they also have a Def pump just make sure you don't grab the wrong one. I haven't seen it lately but some truck stops have had off road diesel at a separate pump you don't want that one.