DVC Member Parties at Typhoon Lagoon

From Orlando Theme Park News...

The Walt Disney World Resort is introducing a new, DVC Members-only party this year. As part of Disney's ongoing commitment to create experiences that are available exclusively for DVC Members, the resort is thrilled to announce the Disney Vacation Club Neighborhood Beach Bash, a complimentary after-hours event that will take place at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park and that will be filled with fun, food, and experiences for the entire family.

This special Disney Vacation Club event will be held from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. on the following dates:
  • Thursday, July 23
  • Tuesday, July 28
  • Tuesday, August 4
  • Tuesday, August 11
Members and their Guests will be able to enjoy the park’s water slides, surf pool and lazy river, as well as complimentary frozen treats to beat the summer heat. From relay races on the sand and hula hoop spinning to water balloon tossing, a dance party and character meet and greet locations, this is a beach bash that’s sure to show our Members and Guests that it truly is the coolest summer ever!

Nearly all of the water park’s attractions will be open for this event and Members can enjoy light snacks, lemonade, and water as they enjoy time with their family and other Members. Soda, alcohol and other food items will also be available for purchase during the event. As an added bonus, DVC Members and their Guests can enter the park beginning at 7 p.m. to enjoy even more hours of fun.

IMPORTANT NOTES
This event is open only to Members who already have resort accommodations booked at a Walt Disney World Resort that correspond with the event date they plan to attend. Event reservations made without resort accommodations are subject to cancellation.

Water park entry prior to 7 p.m. will require regular park admission and either personal or Resort Guest transportation. Members can take advantage of complimentary, round-trip bus transportation from any Disney Vacation Club Resort to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park. Buses for the Disney Vacation Club Neighborhood Beach Bash will begin running at 8 p.m. and run continuously throughout the event. Ample parking is also available for Members wishing to drive themselves from their Walt Disney World Resort room accommodation. Guests traveling from Disney Collection resorts or other Walt Disney World Resort locations will be responsible for providing their own transportation to and from the event.

Reservations are required for this event and can be made in advance by calling Member Services at 1-800-800-9800. Members interested in attending the July 23 event can book on Wednesday, July 8; Members wanting to attend the July 28 event can book on Friday, July 10; Members interested in the August 4 event can book on Wednesday, July 15; and those Members excited about the August 11 event can book on Friday, July 17.

Reservations can be made up until one week prior to each event date to ensure accurate attendance counts for each date. The Disney Vacation Club Neighborhood Beach Bash is available for Members and up to the number of Guests staying in their resort room accommodations up to 12 people.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here you are additional information about the 2015 Disney Vacation Club Neighborhood Beach Bash:

Q1: Which attractions will be closed during this event?
A1: Two attractions (Crush ‘n Gusher and Shark’s Reef) will not be available during the event due to safety concerns with low-lighting levels during the evening hours.

Q2: Will the event still take place if it’s raining?
A2: Yes, the event will still take place, even if it’s raining. However, please verify at your resort if there are weather concerns. All resorts will have an event check-in area that will share weather-related communication.

Q3: Can I leave and return at a later time?
A3: Yes, all attendees will receive a wristband upon their arrival at the event.

Q4: A member of my party has a food allergy. Will you be able to accommodate that?
A4: Yes. Please specify this when you are making your reservation.

Q5: I am a local Member and don’t have a resort reservation booked during this timeframe. Why can’t I attend the event?
A5: Due to the limited capacity of this event, reservations are limited to Members staying on property.

Q6: My check-out date is the same day as the event. Will I still be able to attend?
A6: Yes. As long as you have a reservation that includes that date, you can still make a reservation to attend the event.

Q7: Will I be able to see this reservation appear in My Disney Experience?
A7: Unfortunately, this event will not appear in My Disney Experience.

Q8: I am staying at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. Will I receive an invitation to attend?
A8: Members staying at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort will not receive an invitation, however they are welcome to call Member Services to make a reservation if they’re staying at the resort during one of the event dates and interested in making the drive to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Waterpark.

Q9: Where do I get on the bus at my resort?
A9: Please check signage posted in the lobby of your resort.

Q10: Is this event a replacement for Welcome Home Wednesdays?
A10: No, this event is not replacing Welcome Home Wednesday, however we are re-imagining ongoing Member gatherings at Walt Disney World to accommodate more Members than ever before. Watch for more updates coming soon.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/07/disney-vacation-club-neighborhood-beach.html

This is great for DVC owners.

But, it wasn't that long ago that every WDW resort guest had access to morning EMH's at the water parks.  Those stopped in 2013, I believe.

And going back a few more years, there was a time when they had evening EMH's for resort guests at Typhoon Lagoon.  Those were great fun!  There were a few years in a row that I bought after 2 pm annual waterpark passes.  Those were perfect for using at an evening EMH at Typhoon Lagoon.

If any DVC owning Fiend is going to one of these and has room on their 12 person guest list, I'd be up for it!

TCD

Just our luck and we are not there this year,

I wonder how many DVC owners will say the same thing?

Did they just announce this on July 8? 

They are only offering it for four weeknights- two in July and two in August.  Don't DVC owners typically plan their stays many months out?  How likely is it that a DVC owner can get a reservation for a DVC resort on such short notice?  Or that they would want to?  I would imagine that DVC owners are big planners, and know exactly when their next trip is.

To make this a real benefit to owners, it should have been announced a long time ago, so those who really wanted to attend would have a chance to make the necessary plans.  If I owned DVC, I'd be a bit ticked at the fact that only a very few owners will get to experience this.

TCD

I think I heard about it around July 1st, over on Mouseowners. I would have loved an event like this but I agree, it was announced with very short notice. Normally we book our DVC trips about 8 months ahead.

It's unlikely to get DVC accommodations on such short notice, but not always impossible. But I recently just looked into getting a studio at any of the DVC resorts for a few days the first week in October and came up with nothing.