I don't usually share , but I'm so sad today that I can't stop crying and I just need to put my thoughts down. I know everyone has been here at one time or another, but My precious George who is my 95 lb., 14 year old lab is going to a better place tomorrow. He can no longer pick himself up or hold his body up to take care of business. Yesterday he started refusing all food and water. I should have taken him to the vet on Friday, but I wasn't ready to say goodbye. He has been the sweetest, most gentle but also protective pet there ever was. He came to live with us in 2010 when my father in law died. He has been my protector, even when I didn't realize I needed it and he has been a gentle friend to every bird and squirrel in our neighborhood. I'm having a hard time saying goodbye to my gentle giant.

Very sorry for your loss. I have lost a couple of my camping buddies, too, and know the pain you feel. It is my hope to be reunited with them someday. I like to remember the good times and believe they made me a better human being. God bless.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. It's always hard to lose a pet, as most of us know, they are such an integral part of our lives. It helps to have a place to journal my thoughts. But, on an up note, we will be raising a toast to George on Wednesday with my Mah Jongg group. I can't even tell you how many times he cleared all of our side tables, full of wine and snacks, with a happy wag of his tail. But the girls would never hear of me putting him up during our game. RIP George....we will miss you!

...we will be raising a toast to George on Wednesday with my Mah Jongg group. I can't even tell you how many times he cleared all of our side tables, full of wine and snacks, with a happy wag of his tail. But the girls would never hear of me putting him up during our game. RIP George....we will miss you!

That sounds like a wonderful and fitting tribute, and I hope it brings you a smile remembering happy times with George.