From Doctor Disney...

John C. Reilly Confirms That Disney Is Making ‘Wreck-It-Ralph 2′
July 13, 2015 by Doctor Disney

There are a lot of films coming from Disney (and Pixar) such as Incredibles 2 and Cars 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and countless others. Now, it seems as if another sequel is on the way and it will be Wreck-It-Ralph 2.

wreck-it-ralph-2.jpg

The animated film about living in a video game world and a villain trying to change his ways is going to get a sequel. John C. Reilly, voice of Ralph, confirmed at the Galway Film Fleadh that it will be happening.

Not only did Reilly confirm Wreck-It-Ralph 2, but he said he is already signed on for it and will return to the lead role.

Back in 2013, director Rich Moore said that he and the stars of the film would love to do a sequel.

“My experience was so tremendous on this film and the animators, the designers, the story artists, the actors — I know everyone here had a good time making the film,” he said. “I’ve talked with John [C. Reilly] and Sarah [silverman] and we would all love to visit that world again and work with those characters again. We would jump at the opportunity. We’re all crossing our fingers about as far as you can cross them that we get a chance to do that.”

Sarah Silverman said in 2012 that “there will [be a sequel],” but that was far from a confirmation. Reilly saying he has signed on is the first real confirmation that Wreck-It-Ralph 2 will be happening.

http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/07/13/john-c-reilly-confirms-that-disney-is-making-wreck-it-ralph-2/

I also thought it was a good movie, and appreciated that it wasn't another princess movie.

But, I didn't think it was worthy of a sequel.

I just checked the revenue it generated, and it did much better than I thought it did.  According to Wikiepedia, it is just behind Shrek in total receipts, and how many sequels did DreamWorks milk out of that franchise? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_animated_films

So, I say go for it!

TCD