Minnie's Holiday & Dine Character Dining, Disney's Hollywood Studios

RUMOR CONFIRMED:  Booking opened 8/6/15

From Doctor Disney...

Hollywood & Vine To Become Minnie’s Holiday & Dine Character Dining For 2015 Holidays
July 14, 2015 by Doctor Disney

Many people have noticed that they could not book dinner at Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the final two months of 2015. That got rumors started of many different things, but now it appears as if holiday character dining is coming and it will be called Minnie’s Holiday & Dine.

Please note that this has not been officially announced by Disney so it could change and still could possibly not happen, but here is what is known so far.

A number of readers have advised me that Cast Members on the dining line have advised them of Minnie’s Holiday & Dine when calling in to inquire about dinner at Hollywood & Vine for November and December.

A number of different CMs on the dining line have given information, but they can not book it at this time as it has not opened yet to do so. They also could not give a ton of info, but through the rumor mill online, different reader reports, and contacting dining myself…here is what we know:

• Taking place at Hollywood & Vine for dinner only (as of now)
  • Dates: Nov. 7, 2015 – Jan. 3, 2016
  • Holiday themed
  • Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy will be there in holiday attire and Santa Goofy will join them

Again, this is NOT yet open for booking and it is still to be considered as rumored until Disney officially announces it. Even though dining CMs are advising of it and giving information, things could still change for Minnie’s Holiday & Dine.

http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/07/14/hollywood-vine-to-become-minnies-holiday-dine-character-dining-for-2015-holidays/

We ate there a couple of years ago and it was ok - pretty standard buffet fare that I recall.

Nothing in particular where I'd say "ooh, I have to go back for that" and IMO it wasn't worth the money.

But that was a straight up typical dinner along with a Fantasmic package and they've typically been changing up the menu a bit or these special events. Plus throw in the character aspect and I think it's probably less about the food than the experience.

Still hearing just rumors and no official confirmation, but this was what Disney Food Blog reported back on 7/14 that had a bit more "concrete" info to it than the other rumors I've seen...

Rumor: Minnie’s Holiday & Dine Dinner Coming to Hollywood & Vine?

July 14, 2015
By AJ

Looks like the elves are already starting to gear up for the holidays… . Could it really be that a special holiday meal is coming to Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios?

A mysterious menu has appeared on the My Disney Experience app! At the time, it seems this menu is viewable on Android devices, but NOT on iDevices. Still, what’s remarkable about this menu is not the items themselves (standard items for the Hollywood & Vine buffet), but the NAME: Minnie’s Holiday & Dine Dinner!

Screenshot_2015-07-14-12-25-36-667x600.j
Minnie’s Holiday & Dine menu screenshot

How much fun would it be to dine with Minnie and friends all dressed up in their holiday finery?
Celebrate-the-Season-Show-24-600x400.jpg
Minnie and friends in holiday gear

Let’s check out what’s showing up on the menu right now… .
Screenshot_2015-07-14-12-25-52-445x600.j

Screenshot_2015-07-14-12-25-57-437x600.j

Screenshot_2015-07-14-12-25-41-700x426.j

It also shows up with a Fantasmic! Dining Package option.
Screenshot_2015-07-14-12-26-13-423x600.j
Minnie’s Holiday & Dine menu screenshot with Fantasmic Package indicator

This experience is currently not bookable (even on an Android phone), and a call to WDW-DINE — as of the time of this publishing — has revealed no further information. However, “Dinner” disappears as an option for Hollywood & Vine on the Disney World website beginning November 7th, so there is reason to believe that might be the start date.

Screen-Shot-2015-07-14-at-1.45.20-PM.jpg
November 6th screenshot with Dinner

Screen-Shot-2015-07-14-at-1.45.36-PM.jpg
November 7th screenshot without Dinner

If this special meal does indeed come to pass, it would certainly make sense judging from the success of the Jedi Mickey Character Dining Meal available at this venue during Star Wars Weekends, and the popularity of special holiday events in general, don’t you think? We will be sure to keep our holiday eyes-and-ears peeled, and will keep you posted here on the DFB!

Nothing new since then.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/07/14/rumor-minnies-holiday-dine-dinner-coming-to-hollywood-vine/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to this Fiends tip, I got a reservation for Dec. 11, the last night that our sister-in-law and niece will be with us at the fort. The dinner also includes Fantasmic!, and we took them to see that last year, so I'm not sure we'll be keeping this reservation.

It's official, and reservations are now open:

Even though we’re in the middle of summer, some of us have started to have visions of sugarplums dancing in our heads. If you’re wondering about holiday dining plans at Walt Disney World Resort, we’ve just added one more option. Reservations open today for Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine—a new dining experience taking place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on select dates between November 7, 2014 and January 3, 2015.

Celebrate the holiday season with Minnie Mouse as she hosts a festive dinner with her friends Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and special guest—Santa Goofy. Holiday-themed décor, food, music and activities make Hollywood & Vine the perfect place to deck the halls with family and friends.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/08/reservations-now-open-for-minnies-holiday-dine-at-hollywood-vine/

TCD