Child drowns at Art of Animation

Associated press article:

KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in Florida say a 3-year-old boy found in a pool at Disney's Art of Animation Resort has died.

Orange County Sheriff's deputies say the boy was found Tuesday evening and was transported to Celebration Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Deputies say the child somehow became separated from his parents at the hotel and was later found in the pool.

Officials say the child and his family were visiting from out of town.

No other details were immediately released.

2015 The Associated Press

So horribly sad.

How awful. 

I really would like to hear the details on this, as the AoA pools are all fenced and gated, and lifeguards are present when the pools are open.

TCD

Not a lot of details out at this point, but WESH2 local news reported this...

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. —A 3-year-old boy drowned Tuesday evening in a pool at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Shortly after 8 p.m., the child was pronounced dead at a hospital, deputies said.

According to deputies, the child visiting from out of town was somehow separated from his parents. After a search, the child was found underwater.

The child and his family were visiting from New York, WESH 2 News has learned.

It is unknown whether or not there were lifeguards at the pool.

http://www.wesh.com/news/toddler-drowns-in-pool-at-disneys-art-of-animation-resort-deputies-say/34171288?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_campaign=WESH%202%20News&Content%20Type=Story

My local news station reported last night that they confirmed there were lifeguards on duty at the time of the incident.  I suspected as much, since the incident apparently happened before 8 pm.

I think that's all that we are going to hear about the incident.  Disney certainly isn't going to say any more, and hopefully the media will leave the grieving parents alone.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the Disney's Art of Animation Resort over the weekend there were 5lifeguards on duty and the gate was hard to get into find it hard to beleve a 3 year old could just walk in. All the resorts had 4 to 6 lifeguards on duty at the pools 

Truly difficult to wrap my mind around this. We lost a child at the Fort in 2008, but he was a very special needs child who was expected to have a short life span. To lose one suddenly like this ...

Oh my! That is so terrible. Either way life is precious and a loss is always heart wrenching.