Overnighter from Maryland to The Fort

We like the Savannah South KOA. For us it is about the halfway point being just over 300 miles from Raleigh and just under 300 miles to WDW. It would be about 200 miles further than South of the Border. Our last stay was for a couple of nights as we wanted to see Savannah on our way through. We found it to be clean overall and while we don't have children I recall it had some activities for them.

Now, we might actually be going to Parris Island on the way.  My daughter wants to look at housing before they are stationed there in the spring.  They have a campground, but the distance might be too fare to drive in one day.  We are thinking it might be a stretch for the grandkids.  Will keep you posted.  Thanks for the suggestions.  Looks like it might be green acres for the night.  That isn't too far a drive from Parris Island.  We are waiting to see when they are available for looking at the houses.

Another vote for New Green Acres.  Stayed there several times, right off 95, late night check-in, quiet, clean and very long pull thru sites.

BTW, We have also used South of the Border a lot and had good nights there as well.  Plus we can stock up on rubber snakes and sombreros   :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Now, we aren't stopping at Parris Island.  We will leave on September 11 and arrive at The Fort on September 13.  We are thinking about staying at Jacksonville North/St Mary's KOA in Kingsland, GA on Saturday night.  Anyone know anything about this campground.  Now we are trying to find a decent campground about 375 to 400 miles from out house in Street, MD.  It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a pull through site because we are towing a small trailer.  South of the Border is a little too far.  This is the first trip with all 3 grandkids, 4, 2 1/2, and 15 months,  and we are trying not to push them too much.  Our plans changed again because our son in law can't get leave to join us.  Thanks for the suggestions.

387 Miles would put you at Fayetteville RV Resort & Cottages  http://fayettevillervresort.com/

I have never stayed there, but from their web site it appears they are over half pull through and they are just off I-95 a little north of Fayetteville, NC.

When we lived in Annapolis, the worst part was getting below Richmond due to DC/Richmond traffic.  It finally got to the point we would get up super early to miss the rush hours and get south early.