I searched but didn't see anything on this. According to their website, they will be re-retiring in May 2016 and heading back north. I just wanted to say I hope things go well for them and their retirement, but I am saddened that they are leaving. I had an excellent experience with their company this year and I hate to see quality businesses disappear. 

But he did say "NO WINTERS".....

Agreed! Right now I wouldn't mind being North of the Mason Dixon line, with the temps running about 98 during the day and heat index of 110!! You get soaking wet just walking out to the mailbox!

Wait until you hit ohio. It was 91 today when I got to our property to mow it. 100% humitidy. After being out in it for 4 hours, the thunderstorms and lightening came through and made it worse. Been like this in Ohio for a few months. I would take the south heat over the rain/humitidy streak we are on.

Where was your t@b rally at again?

Wait until you hit ohio. It was 91 today when I got to our property to mow it. 100% humitidy. After being out in it for 4 hours, the thunderstorms and lightening came through and made it worse. Been like this in Ohio for a few months. I would take the south heat over the rain/humitidy streak we are on.

Ohio, Sugarcreek/Mineral City

Ohio, Sugarcreek/Mineral City

Ahhh up in Amish country. If you get the chance, head over to heines cheese cottage and check it out. Also, miller's bakery is awesome (but you have to get there early to get the best donuts). Hope you have a great time up there.

Who moves NORTH when retiring?   Hate to see a service like this going away...Doug you need to do this!

We are but only to the Maryville, TN area.  31 years down here in the Florida heat has been more than enough for us.  Really miss the changing seasons.  We do plan on spending January and February back down in Florida most years.  

• 2 months later...

Thanks to Curt's great service, so many people got to enjoy the Fort. 

:bravo:

FortCamperRental.com
2 hrs ·

Due to recent developments beyond our control, as of December 2015, Fort Camper Rental will be forced to close it's doors.

All reservations starting in October and November will NOT be affected. We have enjoyed providing our services to families and meeting new friends. We are truly saddened about this unfortunate turn of events. For any of our renters that have a reservation STARTING December 1, 2015 and beyond... we will be sending you an email within the next day or two with further information, regarding any refunds due.

https://www.facebook.com/FortCamperRental?fref=ts

He said "was new changes affecting our business that are beyond our control."   I wonder is this has anything to do with changes at the Fort?   There were rumblings last year about "changes coming" .

Never did find out what was going on.

He said "was new changes affecting our business that are beyond our control."   I wonder is this has anything to do with changes at the Fort?   There were rumblings last year about "changes coming" .

Never did find out what was going on.

With the big clampdown on outside golf cart rentals, I wonder if FW is going to come up with one "approved" place to rent campers from???

Wonder if Disney is concerned that rental campers are cutting into their Cabin bookings.  Otherwise why would they turn down business.  They could also be requiring rental companies to pay them a fee that Fort Camper Rental feels will put them out of business.   

Humm, I wounder if they are selling the popups. #2 has the floor plan that I like, where the fridge can be accessed while the popup is closed up and it does not have a toilet or shower.

I think their website said they were selling them.