Version 2.10 of My Disney Experience App Now Available

Monday, July 20, 2015 | Posted by OTPN Administrator

Version 2.10 of the "My Disney Experience" mobile app has just been officially released by the Walt Disney World Resort. The updated app is now available to download from the Google Play store (for Android devices) and the iTunes App store (for iOS devices), and it includes some important enhancements.

Since the My Disney Experience app is now an integral part of the overall Guest experience, it's important to learn more about any changes that are introduced.

- For Android Devices -

Enhancements include:

• Linked Memory Maker entitlements can now be viewed under My Reservations;
  • PhotoPass Photographer locations can now be found directly from the carousel menu;
  • Physical consideration warnings are now displayed on applicable attractions pages;
  • Downtown Disney Area operating hours for West Side and Marketplace are now grouped together under Park Hours.
Issue resolved:
  • Corrected an issue that allowed certain entitlements to be claimed to Main Entrance Guest passes

- For iOS Devices -

New features include:

• Guests may opt to view their full password as they type by selecting the Show Password checkbox;
  • Guests with an iPhone 5S or newer, iPad Mini 3 or iPad Air 2 may use Touch ID to access their My Disney Experience account.
Enhancements include:
  • Linked Memory Maker entitlements can now be viewed under My Reservations;
  • PhotoPass Photographer locations can now be found directly from the carousel menu;
  • Physical consideration warnings are now displayed on applicable attractions pages;
  • Downtown Disney Area operating hours for West Side and Marketplace are now grouped together under Park Hours.
Issues resolved:
  • Notifications are now permanently marked read and displayed in chronological order;
  • Corrected an issue that prevented the phone number stored in the Guest’s Profile to auto-populate when making dining reservations;
  • Corrected an issue that allowed certain entitlements to be claimed to Main Entrance Guest passes.
NOTE: For iOS devices only, two issues have been identified with new version 2.10:
  • Some Guests have reported missing plans or app crashes after upgrading from version 2.9.1 of the app to version 2.10. To correct the issue, the Guest should sign out of their account or force close the app and restart. This is a one-time process that will resolve the issue moving forward;
  • Attempting to scan a QR code or manually enter a visual ID to link tickets will cause the app to crash and returns the Guest to their device’s home screen. As a workaround, Guests are advised to visit MyDisneyExperience.com via their device’s mobile web browser to claim tickets.
Please, note that there will be a new version of the app pushed early next week to resolve these issues.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/07/version-210-of-my-disney-experience-app.html

Update to My Disney Experience web site addresses common MagicBand complaint

1 hour ago in "MyMagic+"

Disney has rolled out an update to the My Disney Experience website to give some guests the option to opt-out of receiving an additional MagicBand.

Visitors to our forums frequently comment on how they have a huge stockpile of MagicBands at home, with a new MagicBand being sent automatically with every Walt Disney World Resort hotel reservation.

The new update gives those guests who are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel the option to opt-out of receiving a band, with the proviso that they have an existing MagicBand already active on the My Disney Experience account, and that the existing MagicBand is less than 1 year old. MagicBands have a non-replaceable battery, so the operational lifespan is limited.

You will need to opt-out each time you make a reservation if you wish to use an existing MagicBand, and if you change your mind, you can opt back in to get a new MagicBand.

The update is so far only live on the My Disney Experience website, and is not yet available on the phone apps.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/22jul2015-update-to-my-disney-experience-web-site-addresses-common-magicband-complaint.htm

I had the issue with my iPad where my reservations were missing. Despite saying I was signed in, I noticed my name was missing on the upper left. Signed out, signed back in and everything was dandy.

• 1 month later...

Well that was quick!  Version 3.0 is now available...

The Walt Disney World Resort officially released version 3.0 of the "My Disney Experience" mobile application for both Android and iOS devices.

New features include the addition of the Disney PhotoPass service (Guests can now check their photos and other account details in the app), a redesigned sign-in screen that is more user-friendly, the addition of the selfie stick rules, updated park maps, and more. Continue to read the rest of this post for additional details.

Full article from OTPN here...

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/08/version-30-of-my-disney-experience-app.html