its a sign isnt it? new trailer in the shop

so some of you may know the issues i have had buying my pop up, to recap, I purchased it on 6/13, found damage on the PDI the dealer did right and ordered a new unit that i picked up on 7/11.

we camped in it one night and took it home.

I cleaned out the garage and got the camper in, I then was looking at the tires as it has 185/85R13D and want to go bigger

I get out the tape measure and find I have 4.5 inches of clearance between the passenger side wheel top and the wheel well, the drivers side is only at 1.5, in the pic below the tape measure is touching the wheel well at the center. 

11694837_10101144694769635_5332425935802

here is another pic, showing its under 2 inches of clearance

11755750_10101144695223725_7940290703043

so I emailed forrest river and got this as a reply

"Is this clearance issue occurring when parked and opened up or?? I would recommend finding a local dealership to get this assessed.

Jake Carter

Rockwood/Flagstaff"

I then sent them the pic's and said it was closed, unloaded and on level ground

their reply 

"Sir I would recommend using our dealer locator tool to find a dealer near you http://www.forestriverinc.com/DealerLocator.aspx any forest river dealership is authorized to repair the unit, it does not need to be a rockwood dealer.

Thank you"

being that my dealer where i purchased it is over 2 hours away, I had to go to the only local dealer.... camping world

so far I like the service camping world has given me, I called up explained what was going on and took the unit there, the service advisor met me, took one look at it, and got her boss and the lead tech from the shop out there, they all agree something is wrong.  but the unit is sitting level, so it appears the axle is under sized or needs a spacer to get it away from the wheel well.

I know its a dexter torflex #10 axle that has a capacity of 3000 lbs, and i know that dexter makes a spacer that can be installed that will live the unit by almost 3 inches thus correcting the problem, however id like to see a better rated axle say 3500 or 4000 lb, and the spacer.

now we wait and see what will be done.... good thing i dont have any trips planned until december

I did however score a sweet table for free at the CW store, I had a coupon for $25 off and they had this table in the clearance section for $25

They discounted the sale so i didn't pay tax just the coupon  

4%20foot%20cooking%20table.jpg

well, the good news is camping world is keeping me informed, I did mention some other concerns I had about water in the storage trunk, they found a hole int he top cap/ lid area as well as the seals on the side doors were not installed properly allowing water to get in from the top and both sides into the storage area.

Forrest River says 1 inch tire clearance is ok, and by design, however when I pointed them to dexter axle install paperwork that says " allow for 3 inches of bump clearance" as well as a recall letter from 2013 for a similar issue, they are starting to sing a different tune....

now if only Lazydays would submit my warranty paperwork so all this can get fixed....