Another July 4 at the Fort TCD TR 2015

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really wanted Cars Land to come to DHS, but I guess the Fort is just as good......

Since you can have a Disney wedding it doesn't surprise me that you could have pictures taken within the parks if you've paid enough money.

I feel a little sad that none of those carts were driven by kids.

WAIT.... just noticed that campingdawgs has an Airstream.  Love it!!!   If ever we're at the Fort together, please let me take a peak inside (or heck, you're local so let's meet up... I mean, we're at Lake Lanier next week; just sayin ;) ).   I am a closet Airstream lover.  When are kids are grown, it will either be an Airstream or Class A.   Our last neighbors had a new Airstream, really like the ducted HVAC system.  So much quieter! 

Our Airstream is in progress. I don't know if we will ever get it finished, but you are welcome to see what we have done! It's a 1977, and had not been renovated when we got it. We couldn't save the vintage orange shag carpet or brown floral upholstery (I was not heartbroken about this). We don't get over to Lanier much since we live next to Allatoona. But I would love to meet you even if we have to go all the way to Fort to do it! We will be there for New Years.

Sorry for the aside. Let the trip report continue...

I believe that fire ring and tables are a stop on a new Disney Tour.   I read this on the "Couponing to Disney" website:

New! Escape to Walt’s Wilderness Tour at Disney World Resorts: The new Escape to Walt’s Wilderness offers an off-the-beaten-path experience ideal for the whole family. The journey begins with a pontoon boat tour from Disney’s Contemporary Resort marina with a Disney guide who shares stories about Walt’s love of the outdoors and nature. He tells us we are about to “walk in Walt’s footsteps and see why he was determined to choose this place for his next Disneyland.” Next, guests explore Bay Lake and seek out Florida wildlife. Once the boat is beached, the group is welcomed by a giant bonfire and camp-style breakfast. Locally sourced citrus salad, egg frittata, cinnamon rolls, biscuits, granola, coffee and juice make for a nice feast. And marshmallows for roasting are not forgotten. Next, a pair of horses pulling a wagon transport guests to an archery lesson in a woodsy field at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The group will take a short hike in the woods past the train tracks from the former Fort Wilderness Railroad. Next stop is Tri-Circle-D Ranch where “ranch hands” will share stories about how horses have been incorporated into Disney theme parks since the very beginning of Disneyland. The program is typically offered two days a week from 8 a.m.– 1 p.m. on select days. The cost is $109, plus tax for ages 7 and older. Complimentary transportation to and from the experience is provided for guests staying at Disney owned and operated resort hotels.
Read more at http://www.couponingtodisney.com/#Z31LISVyBlDJfG1L.99

So it looks like you were "walking in Walt's footsteps" TCD!     :D 

Our Airstream is in progress. I don't know if we will ever get it finished, but you are welcome to see what we have done! It's a 1977, and had not been renovated when we got it. We couldn't save the vintage orange shag carpet or brown floral upholstery (I was not heartbroken about this). We don't get over to Lanier much since we live next to Allatoona. But I would love to meet you even if we have to go all the way to Fort to do it! We will be there for New Years.

We actually have a surprise trip (Santa will mail a letter telling the kids about this one... so no one say anything at the October GG!!); we're going for Christmas!  Our first Christmas at the Fort :)    Right not we've secured the 22nd through the 28th... but we're really hoping to get a couple of more days added to the end so... maybe we'll get to see you!!   We haven't found a CG up 75 that's a good fit for us yet (which is too bad as we live in SW Atlanta and store our camper at Three Way in Marietta, so Allatoona would be closer).   This will be our second trip to Bald Ridge; it's a pretty CG (thanks Kelly!!).

Now TCD... we're patiently  waiting  :waiting2-smiley:

We actually have a surprise trip (Santa will mail a letter telling the kids about this one... so no one say anything at the October GG!!); we're going for Christmas!  Our first Christmas at the Fort :)    Right not we've secured the 22nd through the 28th... but we're really hoping to get a couple of more days added to the end so... maybe we'll get to see you!!   We haven't found a CG up 75 that's a good fit for us yet (which is too bad as we live in SW Atlanta and store our camper at Three Way in Marietta, so Allatoona would be closer).   This will be our second trip to Bald Ridge; it's a pretty CG (thanks Kelly!!).

When are you there? 

Wow!  That's a lot of comments.  I'll respond to them all, then I'll get an update posted:

Bam!

There's a first time for everything...even being first!

You're right- there is a first time for everything!

Glad to have you along, Norm.

I'm reading from the fort in the rain.

Sorry about the rain.  We have had record setting rain where I live, about 80 miles due west of the Fort.

I'll bet things are rather swampy around the Fort.

First Page.

I love the Fort on the 4th

Been there many times

Hey!

This is your first post!

Welcome!

So when was the last time you were at the Fort for the 4th?

F.P.B.R.

Everyone coming in separate vehicles? Sounds like a visit from the Ranger.....

I would have liked to know what would have been offered to downgrade. oh well.

Seems that The Troll is out from under the bridge.

Good job.

Yep, we had a lot of vehicles.  But, no visits from the ranger.  We didn't have room to park them all on our site, even if we wanted to.  So, the extras went to the overflow lot.  Which really was overflowing all weekend.

First Page for the very first time!!!!!  :siren: :parrot:

Good job.

There are a lot of firsts happening in this TR.

First page and ready for another TCD Trip Report

Glad that you're here.

Just a quick observation.

Is this a new survey marker in front of an elderly survey marker?

7%204%2015%20028_zpsssywchfy.jpg

Good catch.

I don't think that post in the back is an old survey marker.  I think it's a post leftover from one of the old Haunted Carriage Rides.

First page here too.

Just a question short of them paying for your site what would you consider a good deal for downgrading to the 2000 Loop on a holiday weekend?

Good question.

The way I was asked to downgrade, I immediately responded with a no.

But, if they would have given me some kind of discounted rate, I would have considered it.

I don't like all of the commotion that goes on at the 2000 loop, but we wouldn't have been around much to see it, so it probably wouldn't have bothered us too much.

First page and on that very date I was in Hatteras celebrating my 47th birthday.

Best Regards,

Norm

Happy Birthday!  I hope you had a good one!

Wow, did I make page one?

Heat and rain, yup that's what I remember about the Fourth at WDW.

That campfire area is a little better than I expected for that Fort Wilderness adventure thing.

Oh and I like the white picket fence, did that guy sit in a rocking chair by it and watch the world go by.

WBI

Good job, Nick.

I think the heat and rain was worse this year than it was in the most recent years.

I didn't see that the white picket fence guy had a rocking chair, but that's a good idea.

TCD

First page bragging rights!

Congrats on the FPBR, Gwen.

In!

Glad to see you're in.

We missed you this year.

Ugh, another TCD report.

I mean, yay!

Nah, who am I kidding- I love TCD reports.

I know how you feel.

And now a question- what does TCD's camp setup look like? What are you camping in? And all that jazz?

You know what?  I looked, and I didn't take any photos of my setup on this trip.  But, it's the same as it always has been for the last 16 years- my 2000 Coleman Utah CP, with the add-a-room, and an official BSA Dining Fly out back.  The only thing that has changed in the last 16 years is I started out with a Suburban as the TV, and swapped that out for the Big Blue Excursion a few years later, and have had the Excursion ever since.

" He said it was the 2000 loop.  I stopped him there, and told him no thanks.  I didn't even want to hear what the offer was (if there was one),  no way was I going to stay on the 2000 loop on a holiday weekend. "

I can't even begin to imagine how awful the 2000 loop would be on the July 4th long weekend. It's bad enough at Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years etc etc.

I don't think the 2000 loop is much worse on the 4th than it is on the other major holidays.  It's still bad, though.

Yikes!  I almost missed being on page one.

Wow, that was close.

:laugh:

I'm in!

Good job!  Page one, too.

LOL.

I actually like that hippie bus.

I'm in

Good job, you made page one too.

I would have had to listen to what was offered to trade sites. having been in 2000 loop for holidays and 1500 for holidays, there isn't a lot of difference anymore.

You're right about that.  The huge, overflowing, loud groups are just as bad in the 1500 loop.  At least you have a little more elbow room in the 2000 loop.

TCD

I was there from June 20 to the 27 and it was definitely hot and stormy. The only day it didn't rain was the 22nd. It seemed hotter this summer then last year.

I agree with you about this summer- it does seem a lot hotter and rainier than the last few.

I didn't realize your trailer was a 1977.  That's awesome- a real classic.

We absolutely LOVE the 900 loop!!!  Can't wait for more!!!

Yeah, I think the 900 loop is my favorite premium loop, but it's not for everyone.

2000 loop is the Devils Playground! I would never go back there. Good call on TCD's part.

LOL.  Devil's Playground!  I wouldn't go that far.  But, it can be pretty bad.

2nd page bragging rights.... I've been a little slow lately.

Lately?

I believe that fire ring and tables are a stop on a new Disney Tour.   I read this on the "Couponing to Disney" website:

New! Escape to Walt’s Wilderness Tour at Disney World Resorts: The new Escape to Walt’s Wilderness offers an off-the-beaten-path experience ideal for the whole family. The journey begins with a pontoon boat tour from Disney’s Contemporary Resort marina with a Disney guide who shares stories about Walt’s love of the outdoors and nature. He tells us we are about to “walk in Walt’s footsteps and see why he was determined to choose this place for his next Disneyland.” Next, guests explore Bay Lake and seek out Florida wildlife. Once the boat is beached, the group is welcomed by a giant bonfire and camp-style breakfast. Locally sourced citrus salad, egg frittata, cinnamon rolls, biscuits, granola, coffee and juice make for a nice feast. And marshmallows for roasting are not forgotten. Next, a pair of horses pulling a wagon transport guests to an archery lesson in a woodsy field at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The group will take a short hike in the woods past the train tracks from the former Fort Wilderness Railroad. Next stop is Tri-Circle-D Ranch where “ranch hands” will share stories about how horses have been incorporated into Disney theme parks since the very beginning of Disneyland. The program is typically offered two days a week from 8 a.m.– 1 p.m. on select days. The cost is $109, plus tax for ages 7 and older. Complimentary transportation to and from the experience is provided for guests staying at Disney owned and operated resort hotels.

Read more at http://www.couponingtodisney.com/#Z31LISVyBlDJfG1L.99

So it looks like you were "walking in Walt's footsteps" TCD!     :D 

Good job!

I agree with you.

But, what I want to know is what is a site that is called Couponing to Disney is doing promoting a tour that costs $109 a person.  That is far from a bargain.

I just saw now on his other thread that TCD already had the scoop on the new "Walt's Escape" tour......    Never mind    ;)

No worries.

It just shows that great minds think alike.

Christmas at the Fort?

Awesome!

You're going to love it!

Sorry about the lag in getting the next update posted.

You may not know this- but I rarely will post on a weekend.  I'm not around a computer much on most weekends.

I'm in.  Carry on.

You just made page two!

Congrats!

TCD