Another July 4 at the Fort TCD TR 2015

Oh.  LOL. 

Yeah, they want it to keep looking beautiful.

Actually, the plan apparently was to fill in all of the available parking spaces around the Settlement by forcing those who arrived earliest to park in the spots furthest out, and then fill the other spots in as guests continued to arrive, saving the Pioneer Hall lot for last.  Very simple.  But, also very unfair to give guests who had the foresight to arrive early the worst spots.  Had there been a normal 4th of July crowd, that would also mean that the guests who arrived earliest would be stuck in the annual traffic jam of carts trying leave the Settlement.   Very dumb.

TCD

Since we don't have or rent a cart that doesn't pertain to us.

We just have to do the dance of death trying to avoid getting mowed down by the reckless cart drivers watching everything but the road and not looking out for pedestrians.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really wanted Cars Land to come to DHS, but I guess the Fort is just as good......

Since you can have a Disney wedding it doesn't surprise me that you could have pictures taken within the parks if you've paid enough money.

I feel a little sad that none of those carts were driven by kids.

Since we don't have or rent a cart that doesn't pertain to us.

We just have to do the dance of death trying to avoid getting mowed down buy the reckless cart drivers watching everything but the road and not looking out for pedestrians.

You will need to give the new sidewalk a try.  I don't know why it took them 43 years to figure out they needed a sidewalk there, but it's finally there, and should cut down on the number of guests being mowed down by reckless golf cart drivers.

TCD

You will need to give the new sidewalk a try.  I don't know why it took them 43 years to figure out they needed a sidewalk there, but it's finally there, and should cut down on the number of guests being mowed down by reckless golf cart drivers.

TCD

Worst area is coming from the marina, and around the circle, especially after a beach front event.

Will try the sidewalk next month.

Enjoy your cross country trip. Will we get live on road updates? Once again make sure you stop at Buc ee's while you're in Texas the restrooms are really clean.https://www.buc-ees.com/locations.php you should drive past 2 of there locations.

Buc-ees are the Wal Mart superstores of convenience stores. We went to one, couldn't see from one end to the other. They are big!

Another great TR. thanks for taking the time to write it.

Looking forward to the 'New Adventures' for the girls. Fun times, indeed.

I'm not drinking the 'no more Fort this year' Koolaid......

Maybe no more TCD trips to the fort this year and therefore no more TRs.  That's just sad!

It looks like I spoke too soon.

My oldest DD just found out that the territory she has to travel to for her new job includes west central Florida.  So, she won't be traveling out of state as much as we were expecting.  She'll be around for some Disney World trips this fall.

And, there will be a trip (or two) to Disneyland to visit the twins.

Worst area is coming from the marina, and around the circle, especially after a beach front event.

Will try the sidewalk next month.

I hear you.

I think they were trying to create a walkway with all of those cones for the 4th of July traffic.  And maybe the ultimate goal of that new BAPL is to not allow carts in to that circle by the marina.  Maybe the parking lot will be as far as they're allowed to go.

:TantrumSmiley:  :TantrumSmiley:  :TantrumSmiley:  :TantrumSmiley:  :TantrumSmiley:

Don't cry yet.

See my response to Gwen, above.

Okay so maybe no more trips to the Fort but surely you will make trips to the parks and maybe other resorts right? Tell us there is hope. Wait Yvonne and I will be at the Fort here in about 50+ days. Maybe, just maybe you could make a trip then?

Yes, there will be trips.

And maybe even a Fort trip.

Have a safe trip and best of luck to all the girls in their new adventures. Thanks again for the time to write.

Best Regards,

Norm

Thanks.

The new adventure starts at zero dark thirty tomorrow.

Sad indeed

Not sad.

Just different.

Enjoy your cross country trip. Will we get live on road updates? Once again make sure you stop at Buc ee's while you're in Texas the restrooms are really clean.https://www.buc-ees.com/locations.php you should drive past 2 of there locations.

Thanks, Michael.

The good lord willing, we'll be stopping for the night in your great state tomorrow evening.

I will look for the Buc-ees.

Buc-ees are the Wal Mart superstores of convenience stores. We went to one, couldn't see from one end to the other. They are big!

Sound like a fun place.

We will try to stop there.

We were there it was sad they did not have the music for the fireworks.

Agreed.

The music and narration is important for those fireworks.

Another great TR. thanks for taking the time to write it.

Looking forward to the 'New Adventures' for the girls. Fun times, indeed.

I'm not drinking the 'no more Fort this year' Koolaid......

Good for you for not drinking the Koolaid.

I'm still not sure about camping at the Fort, but there's no way I'm going the rest of the year without at least a visit.

But, for now- we head west before dawn tomorrow.

Wish us luck!

TCD

My oldest DD just found out that the territory she has to travel to for her new job includes west central Florida.  So, she won't be traveling out of state as much as we were expecting.  She'll be around for some Disney World trips this fall.

Don't cry yet.

See my response to Gwen, above.

But, for now- we head west before dawn tomorrow.

Wish us luck!

TCD

I have dried my tears and am praying you have a safe journey.  I would love to see any pictures you take on this trip.  I know you will be mostly trying to get from point A to point B quickly and safely, but hopefully you can snag a few pics along the way.

Remind the twins that the love of the Fiends goes with them!

:banana:

I have dried my tears and am praying you have a safe journey.  I would love to see any pictures you take on this trip.  I know you will be mostly trying to get from point A to point B quickly and safely, but hopefully you can snag a few pics along the way.

Remind the twins that the love of the Fiends goes with them!

I'm praying for safe travel for you all too!  And yes, we'd love to see pictures.

Hope you are blowing through our great state on Hwy 70. If so, you pass the exact point where Eisenhowers great interstate highway system began. I can't even imagine what would be your best route coast to coast. There's probably a hwy 60 that is further south and more convenient. Safe travels