Another July 4 at the Fort TCD TR 2015

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really wanted Cars Land to come to DHS, but I guess the Fort is just as good......

Since you can have a Disney wedding it doesn't surprise me that you could have pictures taken within the parks if you've paid enough money.

I feel a little sad that none of those carts were driven by kids.

Yup. Stopped for the night at Baytown. We are going to gas up at Buc-eee's and hit the road early in the morning.

We did get some of that storm- but it wasn't worse than what we've had a lot of in Florida this summer.

TCD

If you get breakfast at Buc-ees the Hippo taco is good. Really its all good. Oh and get you some beaver nuggets to eat on the road.

Wow, ya'll made some distance today!!  That's a lot of driving!

The weather and traffic were good, so we pushed it a bit. 15 hours on the road. It was all good. The game plan for today is the same. Hoping to make it to Arizona.

We ended up leaving from home rather than Tallahassee. That added 250 miles to our drive.

If you get breakfast at Buc-ees the Hippo taco is good. Really its all good. Oh and get you some beaver nuggets to eat on the road.

I'm not sure that either of those are a wise choice to eat and then get in a car for 15 hours.

TCD

I think I know what they used the picnic tables and firepit for. I just found this on youtube. Jump to 1:56 for the "Campfire Sing a Long with Chip and Dale"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zr5PSUOp-U

That's a great video, Jason.

The local time is 11:28 pm in Arizona. We ended up with an 18 hour day today. But only 15 of that was driving 2 1/2 of the missing three hours are attributable to waiting for the locksmith to show up and pop the lock on Twin #2's car so we could get the keys she locked in the trunk.

TCD

The local time is 11:28 pm in Arizona. We ended up with an 18 hour day today. But only 15 of that was driving 2 1/2 of the missing three hours are attributable to waiting for the locksmith to show up and pop the lock on Twin #2's car so we could get the keys she locked in the trunk.

TCD

Oops.

TCD

Ugh

TCD

That sucks but if that is the worst thing that happens on this trip , not to bad.

Learned a long time ago, when driving with two cars, the other car has a set of keys and vice versa.

Best Regards,

Norm

Now you tell me. I am pretty obsessive about the girls' having an extra set of keys, copies of important papers, etc. We made sure both of them had all of that before we left. The problem was the extra set was in the car with the main set. D'oh.  

That sucks but if that is the worst thing that happens on this trip , not to bad.

Very true. It's a story that will be told over and over again, I'm sure. We had a great morning, and were making great time. We loved Buc-eee's, so thanks for that recommendation. We stopped for lunch in Junction, TX, and drove for another 2 1/2 hours or so. I was surprised by how desolate west Texas is. At exit 261, we decided to stop to switch drivers. Look it up on a map- we were in the middle of nowhere. The funniest thing happened there- we were coming out of a little convenience store, and the twins' soon to be DCP roommate came walking in! She and her mom had left South Carolina on Sunday. They knew she was also crossing Texas today, but we thought they were well ahead of us. The chances of them showing up at the same place at the same time have to be close to zero. But there she was. The girls did what girls do- lots of a screaming and giggling. Then it was time to go. Twin #2 wasn't paying attention, and locked her keys in the trunk.

Thank God for AAA. We called, and they sent a guy from a town an hour away. He had a call to do before ours, but at least he came. The good thing for us is that we had a safe and comfortable place to wait. It could have been way worse. Except for the delay, we had a great day. No rain. Not bad traffic. Just a lot of miles.

TCD

Now you tell me. I am pretty obsessive about the girls' having an extra set of keys, copies of important papers, etc. We made sure both of them had all of that before we left. The problem was the extra set was in the car with the main set. D'oh.  

Very true. It's a story that will be told over and over again, I'm sure. We had a great morning, and were making great time. We loved Buc-eee's, so thanks for that recommendation. We stopped for lunch in Junction, TX, and drove for another 2 1/2 hours or so. I was surprised by how desolate west Texas is. At exit 261, we decided to stop to switch drivers. Look it up on a map- we were in the middle of nowhere. The funniest thing happened there- we were coming out of a little convenience store, and the twins' soon to be DCP roommate came walking in! She and her mom had left South Carolina on Sunday. They knew she was also crossing Texas today, but we thought they were well ahead of us. The chances of them showing up at the same place at the same time have to be close to zero. But there she was. The girls did what girls do- lots of a screaming and giggling. Then it was time to go. Twin #2 wasn't paying attention, and locked her keys in the trunk.

Thank God for AAA. We called, and they sent a guy from a town an hour away. He had a call to do before ours, but at least he came. The good thing for us is that we had a safe and comfortable place to wait. It could have been way worse. Except for the delay, we had a great day. No rain. Not bad traffic. Just a lot of miles.

TCD

Ughhh.

Glad it all worked out.

For the record this is of course very controlled and not completely accurate to the Fort. The Sing a long doesnt take place by the movies. 

Did that change?  I always sat on the benches at the movie location during the sing along. The movie and the sing a long took place at the same spot.  Now the fireworks are a different story. 

Did that change? I always sat on the benches at the movie location during the sing along. The movie and the sing a long took place at the same spot. Now the fireworks are a different story.

They do take place in the same spot. I may have worded it badly but I don't believe the sing a long scene was filmed there. I think it was filmed in the area near the bat house where TCD has pictures of picnic tables and a firepit.

They do take place in the same spot. I may have worded it badly but I don't believe the sing a long scene was filmed there. I think it was filmed in the area near the bat house where TCD has pictures of picnic tables and a firepit.

Got it.  I walked around that area last week and agree it does look like it may be the same spot.  When I saw it, there were also Teepee shaped frames made of PVC piping. 

Thanks.  Just wanted to make sure nothing changed.  :)