No More Mickey Mail Autograph Service on DCL

Disney Cruise Line To Discontinue Mickey Mail Character Autograph Service Soon

July 27, 2015 by Tricia K

Screen-Shot-2015-07-27-at-4.40.06-PM-428

Disney Cruisers…I have some sad news to share today.  The Disney Cruise Line will soon begin phasing out their onboard character autograph request (aka- Mickey Mail).  For those of you unfamiliar with the service, this popular and unadvertised perk allowed you to drop off a pillow case, photo matte, autograph book or any other item along with markers to Guest Services for the characters to sign.  You could request specific characters sign during the sailing and on the last night of the cruise, your items would be magically returned back to your stateroom during turndown service.

The discontinuation  of Mickey Mail will begin on all new Disney Cruise Line sailings embarking after August 7th, 2015:

• Disney Dream- August 7, 2015
  • Disney Fantasy- August 8, 2015
  • Disney Magic- August 10, 2015
  • Disney Wonder- August 10, 2015
A specific reason for the discontinuation has not yet been provided, but, one could guess that this once little known service has become increasing popular due to Guests sharing this tip on blogs, message forums and Pinterest.  Hopefully Disney comes up with an alternative plan soon, but, in the meantime, be sure to carry your item(s) you would like autographed onboard in case you bump into your favorite characters!

http://www.chipandco.com/disney-cruise-line-discontinue-mickey-mail-character-autograph-service-216522/

They could always sell signed pillow cases, photo mattes, autograph books and other items in the gift shop and make some $$ off of it (not sure if Disney would be interested in that making money thing  :lol: ). If one isn't actually interacting with the characters to get the autographs, it's pretty much the same thing. 

They could always sell signed pillow cases, photo mattes, autograph books and other items in the gift shop and make some $$ off of it (not sure if Disney would be interested in that making money thing  :lol: ). If one isn't actually interacting with the characters to get the autographs, it's pretty much the same thing. 

Genius idea.  We have completed six DCL cruises, and never once messed with this.  I could get my own Sharpees and do a pretty good job copying all of those signatures.  I never understood the point of dropping off something so some CM could sign a bunch of character signatures,  but obviously a lot of other people thought it was worth going to the trouble to do.

TCD

Genius idea.  We have completed six DCL cruises, and never once messed with this.  I could get my own Sharpees and do a pretty good job copying all of those signatures.  I never understood the point of dropping off something so some CM could sign a bunch of character signatures,  but obviously a lot of other people thought it was worth going to the trouble to do.

TCD

We did it because it was an easy and free souvenir, we also didn't have to carry anything around to get signatures, not that I ever would.  But our little guy could care less about getting autographs so it worked for us, I'm sure an older kid would prefer to get the autographs themselves.

Honestly the premium for a Disney Cruise is so high they should have the Fab Five come to your stateroom and sign anything you want free of charge.

WBI

Honestly the premium for a Disney Cruise is so high they should have the Fab Five come to your stateroom and sign anything you want free of charge.

WBI

When I order Mickey bars at midnight, I think Mickey himself should bring them to my cabin.  And he should stick around long enough to tuck me in after I've eaten my ice cream.