"Birthday Weekend" or "The British are Coming"

Hello all! Going to give this trip report thing a shot and see how it goes. This trip took place on Easter weekend of this year. We wanted to take my little girl for a birthday Disney weekend and just so happens, we had some friends visiting from England during the same time period. We had plenty to celebrate so let's get started!

(One note beforehand: 99% of the pictures were taken by my lovely wife. I have no skill when it comes to pictures with the exception of looking magnificent in them.)

LET'S GO!

Trip started off on Thursday.

I left work a little early and the wife, the boy(12), the baby(3 going on 4) and myself hit the road at lunch time. We arrived at our hotel off-property around 6:00pm, got everything unpacked and struck out to Downtown Disney. We bought the boy some new pins and a lanyard and the girl some new ears. Then the birthday girl began her usual routine of getting her picture taken with every character statue in DD.

8aad3023-2e6a-4942-90ff-4fc3496e75cd_zps

I'll spare y'all from the other 40 odd pictures. Plans were to meet up with our friends from England once they got settled in their house, but jet lag made them change that. So, we went to "Da Earl" got some sandwiches and made our way back to the room. Next day would be Animal Kingdom.

Friday

Got up early and got my heathens and I some breakfast while my wife was coordinating meeting up with everyone that day (we have several friends in Florida that come to Disney when we do). After we got fed and our marching orders doled out by the Mrs. we headed to the car where the littlest heathen had to have her picture took with another inanimate object:

fdfdd7b3-4bee-4dc0-bb1a-2cd6461beca6_zps

"It's PRETTY daddy." She says as I question her sanity. We finally get loaded up and make our way to AK and boy was it freaking busy.

Trams were a nightmare, so we hoofed it. Seen the Monkey Kingdom sand sculpture along the way. It was pretty neat. Not neat enough for my daughter to want to pose with it though.

041312C6-9A46-4AFA-826F-599C919C5A97_zps

Her eyes were diverted by the giant pachyderm head crashing through this sign:

3F383A87-07CD-4B85-965A-A972FC214A4C_zps

This was her first time at AK, so I'm sure she was trying to take it all in. Once inside, we hung out at the ToL until our family from across the pond arrived. Then we took mass quantities of selfies and standard pics:

640A6793-E806-40AE-BB64-5E346F44BE80_zps

8855FEDE-EA9A-436C-A2B4-0261625B9252_zps

Once everyone had their hugs and hellos, it was time for our Safari FPs.

The boy was doing his best to out-video (is that a word?) his Uncle D. However, Uncle D is on a whole nother level:

3DDCD4AE-1326-402A-9838-51128AA71750_zps

After the safari, we went over to Dinoland and the birthday girl got to see her two favorite dogs:

23067E6C-CD54-4D32-A80E-BBFFBD5BDB20_zps

Then we hit Everest and headed back to our room to shower up for dinner. Uncle D had our entire weekend dinner plans laid out for us.

First on the list was Johnny Rockets.

Wow can I be first!!!

First you are!

Looks like you guys are off to a great start! Can't wait to read more!!!

Great start!  Looking forward to more!

Thanks!

Outstanding!

So, that guy with the GoPro strapped to his head is a family member of yours?

Let's see some of his videos!

He looks like he's the life of the party.

TCD

They're friends of my wife. My kids always refer to them as "Auntie" and "Uncle". He kept that GoPro going almost every time he stepped into a park. 

He's sent a few videos over to my wife a few weeks ago, I'll se what I can do about getting them on here.

I'm in!

All great pictures but especially this one. Very cute!

I'm in great start.

I'm in. Great start. Adorable daughter.

Happy belated birthday.

Thanks everyone for joining in. 

I've already got some pictures on deck and hopefully I'll be able to continue the trip report this evening.

• 3 weeks later...