This doesn't fall during a Star Wars weekend, does it?

I wonder if the Star Wars fans are either not runners or Saving their vacation time/money for SWW instead of a race?

That's a good point.  Who knows about SWW this year, but in the past, they didn't start until May. This race is in the middle of April.

Another factor working against this race is that they didn't announce it as far in advance as they have their other events.  People didn't get as much time to plan for it.

I'm guessing that they will eventually sell this one out.  It just is taking a little longer.

TCD

Another factor working against this race is that they didn't announce it as far in advance as they have their other events.  People didn't get as much time to plan for it.

I suspect too that the earlier Easter in March has shifted some time off and people have already planned for that vacation. 

Good points.

I also agree that it will sell out eventually. 

I was able to register myself and two kids.  Would not have done this race if we hadn't already had plans to be in Florida for a cruise that leaves that weekend.  Looking forward to this event!  Anyone else going to stop by to cheer on Jason, Sil, me and the kids?  I'll be easy to find, the 50+ yo guy running with a coffee mug and gasping for breath.

• 6 months later...

Hard to believe how little I have posted since registering for this event!  It is less than a week away and I am so looking forward to this event.

Not sure if I can visit the Fort, we are only in Orlando for a short time, flying in Wed night and hitting Universal on Saturday and Sunday.  Anyone going to be at the Fort Thursday or Friday?  My daughter is thinking Trails End for fried chicken one of those nights.

If I recall correctly, Jason is down for this 5k?  Weather is not looking too sunny, but the kids want a day at the beach if at all possible either Thursday or Friday.  Thinking Tampa area for warmer Gulf Coast beaches.

1 hour ago, disney4dan said:

Are you guys still in for this race?  Matt and Rachel and I are in.  Nancy could not get out of work until Friday night.

Sadly we wont be making it down at all. Paying for Gram's cruise was a much higher priority and money became tight so we scrapped this. Ihope you all have a good 5k and take lots of pics so I can be miserable about what I had to miss. ;-)

For anyone registered to run. 

For the first time ever, Disney Photopass is taking all of the photos for this RunDisney event. In the past a third party company handled the race photos while Photopass handled the photos with characters.  This is great news as now your race photos are available on your my Disney experience account. And if you have memory maker or an annual pass you get the race photos as part of that. You can also purchase a one day memory maker for the day of your event.  

23 hours ago, devores said:

For anyone registered to run. 

For the first time ever, Disney Photopass is taking all of the photos for this RunDisney event. In the past a third party company handled the race photos while Photopass handled the photos with characters.  This is great news as now your race photos are available on your my Disney experience account. And if you have memory maker or an annual pass you get the race photos as part of that. You can also purchase a one day memory maker for the day of your event.  

I will have some happy friends!