not from the fort, just my kids photo shoot at sanibel

we live 20 min from Sanibel, if you ever get the chance chek the island out, sunsets are amazing and you will see a dolphin every time you go

here are my boys, Tanner is 4 and Sawyer is 2, A family friend is starting a photo business and took some pics for her portfolio 

11950399_10204873081852938_8839272915945

11942123_10204873081452928_6412425060205

11950258_10204873076972816_7319693935902

11950416_10204873069892639_8528907433911

Very cute!

Have you ever camped there? We've talked about it but not sure if any campgrounds are close to the beach.

on Sanibel no, they have periwinkle park, its in the middle of the island and its a short drive to the beach, pay for pakring is like $2-3/ hr

Bridge toll for 1 car is $6

http://www.sanibelcamping.com/

On Ft Myers beach is red coconut RV resort

http://www.redcoconut.com/

My parrents have camped at red coconut and liked it.

Great photos.

So handsome!

Off subject. We have talked about going to Sanibel island area over Christmas. Is the ocean to cold to swim in? What is the weather like over Christmas/ New Years?

Any hotel recommendations? Preferably on the beach.

Thanks

Whats your definition of cold?

I am a Florida boy, who lived in NH

the ocean temp up there in the summer is still way colder than it is here in the winter!

for example Hampton Beach in NH today has a water temp of 68, and people were in the water enjoying it, and  ft myers beach water temp is 88

I have gone to the beach on Christmas day and swam, I don't recall it being too cold, maybe the low 70's, check out this site below for monthly averages to get an idea

http://www.seatemperature.org/north-america/united-states/fort-myers-beach-december.htm

Great photos.

So handsome!

Off subject. We have talked about going to Sanibel island area over Christmas. Is the ocean to cold to swim in? What is the weather like over Christmas/ New Years?

Any hotel recommendations? Preferably on the beach.

Thanks

I totally missed the hotel question... was too focused on cold water...

we just stayed a few nights at South Seas Island Resort, its Awesome!

Expensive but Awesome

we had a Tennis villa, our off season rate was $159/ night, and that included free breakfast and a $100 resort credit.

It was a short walk to a beach, and if we got on a 5 min tram ride it took us to the north beach that has its own tiki bar.

i say expensive as that was the florida resident summer rate, winter rates are double or triple

the good is that if you stay in any villa, its got a full kitchen and BBQ grills, so you can save $100 a day on food.

The breakfast buffet for 2 is $54, but it was included in our stay.

drinks are $1/oz, they have them in 12, 17, and 30 oz varieties

again if you stay at a villa full kitchen so you can stock the fridge!