Test of "NEW" Fort check in prodcedures?

Discussions flying back and forth on that others sites FB page about a check in test this weekend at the Fort.

Some people are saying that they did the on line check in, then got a call or a text telling them they were checked in and given a site assignment on Tuesday for a Friday arrival

Guess they are trying to do the same for the Fort that they do for the hotels.

Someone did mention that if you had requested a certain site, and someone was still in it, but would be checking out before you arrived, that they will not send you the site number ahead of time.

Not sure what is 100% true or what is speculation.

We didn't do the on-line because we have been watching the weather.  4 days of rain in a PUP and a tent would not be too much fun.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I can see it not working out too well at the Fort.   You go to a hotel, and one room is pretty much the same as the next.   Maybe you want a particular one because something memorable happened t

I suppose someone might be factoring in that check-in time is technically 1pm, but we all know (as do they) that campers show up at all times.   Plus if I'm at a resort, I can't open the door and stan

Discussions flying back and forth on that others sites FB page about a check in test this weekend at the Fort.   Some people are saying that they did the on line check in, then got a call or a text te

Someone did mention that if you had requested a certain site, and someone was still in it, but would be checking out before you arrived, that they will not send you the site number ahead of time.

Interesting.

I don't understand this part I quoted.

During most times of the year, occupancy rates at the Fort are high.  They can't only be sending out site assignments for sites that are not occupied.  So, what happens if I'm at the Fort, packing up for an 11 am departure, and the guy who has the site after me shows up and starts breathing down my neck?  Or, what if I'm coming in, and I want to check in early, and there are empty sites, but not the one I got assigned earlier in the week because that camper is still packing up?

I don't like it.

At the other resorts, they will text you your room assignment, but not until the day of.  I presume that text is only sent once the room is vacated and cleaned by housekeeping.

TCD

Discussions flying back and forth on that others sites FB page about a check in test this weekend at the Fort.

Some people are saying that they did the on line check in, then got a call or a text telling them they were checked in and given a site assignment on Tuesday for a Friday arrival

Guess they are trying to do the same for the Fort that they do for the hotels.

Not sure what is 100% true or what is speculation.

We didn't do the on-line because we have been watching the weather.  4 days of rain in a PUP and a tent would not be too much fun.

This would make sense in the event the current occupant extended their stay. Then again it makes sense so probably won't happen and someone will arrive to an occupied site.

Interesting.

I don't understand this part I quoted.

During most times of the year, occupancy rates at the Fort are high.  They can't only be sending out site assignments for sites that are not occupied.  So, what happens if I'm at the Fort, packing up for an 11 am departure, and the guy who has the site after me shows up and starts breathing down my neck?  Or, what if I'm coming in, and I want to check in early, and there are empty sites, but not the one I got assigned earlier in the week because that camper is still packing up?

I don't like it.

At the other resorts, they will text you your room assignment, but not until the day of.  I presume that text is only sent once the room is vacated and cleaned by housekeeping.

TCD

I haven't tried it, just passing on the info.

Who knows what is true and what isn't.

So, what happens if I'm at the Fort, packing up for an 11 am departure, and the guy who has the site after me shows up and starts breathing down my neck?  Or, what if I'm coming in, and I want to check in early, and there are empty sites, but not the one I got assigned earlier in the week because that camper is still packing up?

I suppose someone might be factoring in that check-in time is technically 1pm, but we all know (as do they) that campers show up at all times.

Plus if I'm at a resort, I can't open the door and stand there staring at the person impatiently and tapping my foot while they're packing up. 

I have a feeling if this is really a test, they're going to discover it only really works during the "slow times" - otherwise known as 3 Tuesdays and Wednesdays in September.  B)

What I'm reading is folks are only getting texts or calls if the site they are assigned is already empty. Which I can believe seeing how empty the Fort was last week.

I can imagine that if this text is successful, that once the site the arriving folks are occupying is empty, they will get the text.

I suppose someone might be factoring in that check-in time is technically 1pm, but we all know (as do they) that campers show up at all times.

Plus if I'm at a resort, I can't open the door and stand there staring at the person impatiently and tapping my foot while they're packing up. 

I have a feeling if this is really a test, they're going to discover it only really works during the "slow times" - otherwise known as 3 Tuesdays and Wednesdays in September.  B)

I Laughed at that....

I just imagine the intimidation factor that comes with this... there i am its 10:55 am, I am still folding up the PUP and here comes Jim with his Dodge 3500 dully, and 42 ft 5er toyhauler.  I hear the diesel clatter and try to ignore it as i stuff the tent in the trailer, BRAAAAAA BRAAAAAA  ( air horns) "you done yet?!?!?"

Got a call at 730 am with our site number as well as a request for us to pay in full. They said they wanted to make check in quicker. Dh didn't pay. He wasn't 100% sure it was legit. Sure, random person from "Disney". Here's my credit card number. Oh you want my social security number too? Suuuure! How bout mothers maiden while we're at it. He knows now that it was legit. She told him to call back if we wanted to pay on the way. I tried calling but they jerked me around for so long with the whole "pretending I'm at the fort when I'm really somewhere else and don't even know what the fort is" routine that I finally just hung up. Guess we will just have to do it the old school way when we arrive :)

Arrived today at 12:30. Had someone in front of us that was lost so while the guard was giving directions a girl came over with a clipboard and asked our name. She couldn't locate it then asked if we had done the online checkin. Said no, she said they were trying to speed up the checkin process,so the sent us to the checkin lanes. Woman there asked us if we had one online checkin also. Only took about 10 minutes or less to get checked in and on our way to the 1500 loop. We are currently huddled in the PUP and 2 daughter's and a granddaughter in the tent due to heavy rain. Sand pad is like a mini lake.

Arrived today at 12:30. Had someone in front of us that was lost so while the guard was giving directions a girl came over with a clipboard and asked our name. She couldn't locate it then asked if we had done the online checkin. Said no, she said they were trying to speed up the checkin process,so the sent us to the checkin lanes. Woman there asked us if we had one online checkin also. Only took about 10 minutes or less to get checked in and on our way to the 1500 loop. We are currently huddled in the PUL and 2 daughter's and a granddaughter in the tent due to heavy rain. Sand pad is like a mini lake.

That stinks. I hope it dries out for you. 

That stinks. I hope it dries out for you.

waiting for engineering to arrive. From what we could see, ours was the only site that had that much water. Site next to us was clear. Other sites had small puddles in the corner. Of course they asked if we would like to relocate. When I said that we spent all afternoon setting up they said engineering would come out. We are on our 3rd call and no one has arrived. We asked if they would give us another site just for our tent that was flooding.no answer yet.

waiting for engineering to arrive. From what we could see, ours was the only site that had that much water. Site next to us was clear. Other sites had small puddles in the corner. Of course they asked if we would like to relocate. When I said that we spent all afternoon setting up they said engineering would come out. We are on our 3rd call and no one has arrived. We asked if they would give us another site just for our tent that was flooding.no answer yet.

ugh

ugh

8:30 a manager comes by. Said there were a lot of flooded sites. She said they would comp us a 1/2 day and bring in coquina she'll to absorb water. Asked if they should bring it tonight. I said no, bring it tomorrow and we wanted a full days comp. We got both, and I told her if the shell doesn't correct it I'm calling her back.

Arrived today at 12:30. Had someone in front of us that was lost so while the guard was giving directions a girl came over with a clipboard and asked our name. She couldn't locate it then asked if we had done the online checkin. Said no, she said they were trying to speed up the checkin process,so the sent us to the checkin lanes. Woman there asked us if we had one online checkin also. Only took about 10 minutes or less to get checked in and on our way to the 1500 loop. We are currently huddled in the PUL and 2 daughter's and a granddaughter in the tent due to heavy rain. Sand pad is like a mini lake.

Glad to hear that Disney is trying to help/comp some... but I hope it stops raining soon and you're able to enjoy.

On the whole site thing.... I still think Disney should let you make your reservation by going online (or your TA going online) and you get to pick your actual site (like so many other CGs). Then, require payment in full two weeks before you're set to arrive so they then know if they have any open sites.

Glad to hear that Disney is trying to help/comp some... but I hope it stops raining soon and you're able to enjoy.

On the whole site thing.... I still think Disney should let you make your reservation by going online (or your TA going online) and you get to pick your actual site (like so many other CGs). Then, require payment in full two weeks before you're set to arrive so they then know if they have any open sites.

The only problem with that is that the availability would go down. If folks could pick their site in advance, there would be sites with only one night available here and there.  Technically, there would be availability for 7 nights in a row, but in 7 different sites. The Fort assigns the sites to increase the amount of occupancy. The only other option, would be for the guest to pick whatever site is available in their category when they arrive.

The only problem with that is that the availability would go down. If folks could pick their site in advance, there would be sites with only one night available here and there. Technically, there would be availability for 7 nights in a row, but in 7 different sites. The Fort assigns the sites to increase the amount of occupancy. The only other option, would be for the guest to pick whatever site is available in their category when they arrive.

Hmmm...good points.

They could hold a few sites out of the reservation system for walk-ins. We have a popular county park that holds a certain % out every day for people that just arrive. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and where they are located there are no other campgrounds nearby.

I think this system will work for people that don't care what site they get, as long as they get the level they want.

Maybe we have been lucky, but the longest we have ever waited to check in was about 10 minutes until our turn, so I don't see the big deal of this system.

On the other hand, it may be great for the cabins.

I bet I know which site you are in.  Outside of the loop?  It gets about 3 inches of water when it rains good.  The walls are built up and turns it into a lake.  Not very good if you have a tent, or anything else for that matter.

I bet I know which site you are in.  Outside of the loop?  It gets about 3 inches of water when it rains good.  The walls are built up and turns it into a lake.  Not very good if you have a tent, or anything else for that matter.

Maybe this info should be added to the App?  I dont know who built it, but its  nice to know if a site flood or not during heavy rains