An interesting article about the disappointing early days of Euro Disney, and the effects they ended up having on Walt Disney World...

26 Reasons to Regret the Existence of Disneyland Paris http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20150821/30494/how-euro-disneyland-derailed-disney-decade

It's an interesting article, but the author makes some giant leaps in logic to make his point.

I don't think Euro Disney is to blame for the mess that came out of the "Disney Decade," I think it's just another example of some poor choices made by Eisner and Co.  There were many, many bad choices made.

Also, I'm pretty sure that most of the money spent on Euro Disney came from third parties-so they were the ones who lost their shirts-not Disney.

I actually think it's a good thing a lot of this stuff never got built.  Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers?  Oy!

But I do agree with Ray- a Matterhorn ride in Epcot would rock.

TCD

It's an interesting article, but the author makes some giant leaps in logic to make his point.

I don't think Euro Disney is to blame for the mess that came out of the "Disney Decade," I think it's just another example of some poor choices made by Eisner and Co.  There were many, many bad choices made.

And still Eisner got the big bucks.

Also, I'm pretty sure that most of the money spent on Euro Disney came from third parties-so they were the ones who lost their shirts-not Disney.

I actually think it's a good thing a lot of this stuff never got built.  Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers?  Oy!

But I do agree with Ray- a Matterhorn ride in Epcot would rock.

Me too, that would be fun!

TCD

Don't know if this is true or not but, I  heard that the French employ  cast members wanted to go on vacation at their normal time, which is the end of August.  But surprise, surprise Disney wanted them working to take care of the rest of the country that they hoped were coming to the new park.

Sometimes I ask a Brit visitor why they came all the way to Florida instead of heading across the channel and every time the answer has been, Americans are so much friendlier.

Don't know if this is true or not but, I  heard that the French employ  cast members wanted to go on vacation at their normal time, which is the end of August.  But surprise, surprise Disney wanted them working to take care of the rest of the country that they hoped were coming to the new park.

The article does seem to support that...

"The Hollywood Reporter reported that a quarter of them, about 3,000 individuals, had quit by May of 1992."

Now that's some turnover!!