Boy am I steamed. I park my travel trailer at my uncles house. He was out of town for the holiday weekend. Came home and found some tool had cut the wires to my battery and stolen it.

I need to replace it but I need some advice on what kind and where to buy it. Also, after that, security for my new battery. How do I help prevent this from happening again?

I am trying to be philosophical about this in that it could have been much worse. But it's hard!

We have an Interstate battery in ours, not sure what size or anything, just when to the battery store, and asked for a replacement to the one that came with the camper. However, having said that, I think I'm going to invest in a Blue Top Optima Marine battery for my next one. Supposedly has a much longer life, sealed, and just works better, holds a charge longer.

As far as security, perhaps bring it home, and put it on a trickle charger in your garage. Some folks put a lock on their battery box.

My 2 month old interstate 12 volt battery decided over the weekend it really wanted to be a 6 volt battery...

Luckily it still had 10 months warranty, they said it dropped 2-3 cells and that's why it would not charge.

If I would have been forced to buy, I would look at an AGM battery, I currently have a dura last platinum agm in the TV and like it, had it for over a year and have had 0 issues. I saw Duracell AGM deep cycle group 24 at BJ's for $125

We run 2 12v exide deep cycle marine batteries. Not the greatest but get the job done. I picked up my current set at menards for $100 for both on a sale. I have 1 failing cell in one that needs addressed.

I have had a few different brands and longevity comes with proper maintenance. Most rv and house chargers will boil a battery dry. Keep whatever you get on a smart charger/maintainer. Have a 5 year old interstate that still works as it did day 1 because of how we maintained it.