• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess I'll come clean and admit that I have an actual ShamWowTM (remember those?). That I use for this purpose.   I'm not sure it will soak up a 2 liter bottle of soda from a shag carpet, but it wor

Here's a map of the pool and theater area. They have created golf cart parking lots there, and that's where you park. I've noticed some people using the parking areas in front of the Meadow Trading po

• 2 weeks later...

We are heading down this week and will be renting a cart for 2 days. This is our first cart experience despite our many visits. I know where to find the parking for the Settlement, Outpost, and Meadows Trading Post but I'm unsure about the pool and sing-a-long.

Can we go down the road by the tennis courts or is the only entrance on the Orange loop road?

Is the path of awesomeness still the access road to park at the Settlement?

We are checking in Thursday afternoon but getting a cart Friday and Saturday. Lady on the phone said a cart was guaranteed by 1pm but we could try sooner. Would early morning Friday be alright to go up to the front and try?

We are heading down this week and will be renting a cart for 2 days. This is our first cart experience despite our many visits. I know where to find the parking for the Settlement, Outpost, and Meadows Trading Post but I'm unsure about the pool and sing-a-long.

Here's a map of the pool and theater area. They have created golf cart parking lots there, and that's where you park. I've noticed some people using the parking areas in front of the Meadow Trading post for access to the pool and campfire. But, that's a slightly longer walk to the pool, and a much longer walk to the campfire.

pool%20parking_zpsfpx8hkl3.jpg

Can we go down the road by the tennis courts or is the only entrance on the Orange loop road?

The road by the tennis courts is the ONLY entrance and exit for golf carts. You used to be able to drive your cart across the bridge behind the Meadow Trading Post and in and out of the 1400 loop access, but those are now closed to golf carts.

Is the path of awesomeness still the access road to park at the Settlement?

Yes, and it is the only access. The access from the 100 loop is closed to golf cart traffic.

We are checking in Thursday afternoon but getting a cart Friday and Saturday. Lady on the phone said a cart was guaranteed by 1pm but we could try sooner. Would early morning Friday be alright to go up to the front and try?

Friday morning would be a good time to try. They're busiest on the weekends, so there should be plenty of carts available on Friday morning.

Have a great time!

TCD

Sounds easy enough! Thanks for the purple crayon. We haven't told little man yet about the cart. He's already pumped enough for the campfire with Chip and Dale so this will just be more icing on the cake!

Good luck!

The only problem with that is that you're going to have to add the golf cart rental to the budget from now on.

I tried a few trips cartless, and never heard the end of it.

TCD

I predict October 30 will be freezing.  Our last two Halloween GGs have been miserably cold.

Oct 31 overnight last year was when the temps dropped.

We were sweating all day and during trick or treat.

But then the wind kicked up and the temp dropped late night and we started freezing.

The next day wasn't too bad once the sun got higher and the wind died down, then the same thing happened the next night.

And we didn't have our PUP, we had 2 tents set up.

I guess I'll come clean and admit that I have an actual ShamWowTM (remember those?). That I use for this purpose.

I'm not sure it will soak up a 2 liter bottle of soda from a shag carpet, but it works fine to get the water off wet golf cart seats.

TCD

bahahaha

pun intended?

I would add to the cart parking tips that you cannot leave your cart in any of the lots overnight…….correct?

I would add to the cart parking tips that you cannot leave your cart in any of the lots overnight…….correct?

I've seen it done with no consequences. We actually left ours in the lot by the Outpost when we took the ME last year for a 4 day trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I've left carts in the cart parking overnight on occasion.

Came back from Epcot once late once, pouring down rain, we took the bus to the camper, collected the cart in the morning.

Was staying off property for work over the weekend, actually had some free time. Rented a cart for the day Saturday, looped around Saturday afternoon/evening, went back to my hotel overnight, came back to the Fort, grabbed the cart, looped some Sunday morning, turned in the cart.

Started the day at MK, so took the boat and the cart was at locked up Settlement. Finished the day at Pl, so ended up at Outpost. Had a few adult beverages, so took the bus to my loop. Collected the cart the next day.

So it's not completely unusual.

Y'all don't want to hear this, but we have windows open and NO ac running, first time since last winter, so nice  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

I love that! I really can't stand the roaring AC in a camper.  We did well this past spring and summer on going to places that didn't need AC.  

I love that! I really can't stand the roaring AC in a camper.  We did well this past spring and summer on going to places that didn't need AC.

The sound of the a/c is one of the best sounds while camping. Next best sound is a pouring down rain thunderstorm. Now combine the 2 and it is perfect.

The sound of the a/c is one of the best sounds while camping. Next best sound is a pouring down rain thunderstorm. Now combine the 2 and it is perfect.

I've heard other people say they like hearing AC too but I can't stand it. I do love to hear rain though. I've even been known to go nap in ours in the storage lot during a good rain.

I love that! I really can't stand the roaring AC in a camper. We did well this past spring and summer on going to places that didn't need AC.

I can't stand it turning off and on. I need a constant noise and it's fine. We usually have the fan runing the whole time at night because the off and on drives me crazy.